Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

1. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    since we are all pointed out things we dont understand today. why is there no coverage of the cajuns on 88.7 krvs? this is the school radio station
    Good question.

There are university stations in the country that win awards Broadcasting professional sports.

UL should have taken this and all advertising in-house decades ago.

2. Default Re: 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Not when y'all are doing that lame ass over the 4000th hill terrible tune crap. That click you hear as you begin is my radio signing the hell off before my ears get tortured again. You realize that crap quit being fresh about three weeks in? Of course you don't. But it did. it really really did.
    Scott's show is horrible every day. Terrible tune Tuesday is the worst!!

3. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Outside of Ragin Review, which is three dudes who just love the Cajuns but have real jobs elsewhere, you won’t find quality coverage of UL. I don’t understand how UL can’t leverage local coverage of their brand when negotiating the flagship radio contract. But I don’t pretend to even be a novice about that topic.

4. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    Outside of Ragin Review, which is three dudes who just love the Cajuns but have real jobs elsewhere, you won’t find quality coverage of UL. I don’t understand how UL can’t leverage local coverage of their brand when negotiating the flagship radio contract. But I don’t pretend to even be a novice about that topic.
    Because they spend all their time wizzing in the downwind . . . sounds familiar?

5. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Because they spend all their time wizzing in the downwind . . . sounds familiar?
    Don't be getting all misty eyed on me. ESPN has made billion$ perfecting that art.

6. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

I tried listening from Abbeville to Lafayette, I tuned out at Maurice.

There is blead over from some other station, which is something you don't normally get because the FM signal doesn't bounce like an AM signal. Line of sight, which is why tall towers are more important for FM.

I'd like to know where the next closest 103.3 FM stations are located. It sounded like more than one station bleeding over.

Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

All locals shows should be about the Cajuns. The rest we get from national shows, apps, and websites. I miss Jay’s shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

There is blead over from some other station, which is something you don't normally get because the FM signal doesn't bounce like an AM signal. Line of sight, which is why tall towers are more important for FM.

I'd like to know where the next closest 103.3 FM stations are located. It sounded like more than one station bleeding over.
    No, say it ain't so. You mean the FM side is just as puny & weak as the AM side? Okay, now I know for certain. ULMH has one goal in mind. It is to be the stealthiest university in the country. How do you not saturate your own immediate listening area with a blow torch that at least covers from Alexandria to Lake Charles to Baton Rouge to Morgan City & all parts in between?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    All locals shows should be about the Cajuns. The rest we get from national shows, apps, and websites. I miss Jay’s shows.
    There's nothing wrong with Saints & Pelicans coverage. You can't just cover one subject all the time. Unless you only do 5-10 hours of local broadcasting each week.

i can catch 88.7 almost to baton rouge to the east and almost to lake charles to the west. why doesnt krvs have university athletics coverage. there has to be a reason

11. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    i can catch 88.7 almost to baton rouge to the east and almost to lake charles to the west. why doesnt krvs have university athletics coverage. there has to be a reason
    They are on autopilot but at some point in the past they decided athletics to be beneath their cultural format.

12. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    No, say it ain't so. You mean the FM side is just as puny & weak as the AM side? Okay, now I know for certain. ULMH has one goal in mind. It is to be the stealthiest university in the country. How do you not saturate your own immediate listening area with a blow torch that at least covers from Alexandria to Lake Charles to Baton Rouge to Morgan City & all parts in between?
    The Louisiana Athletics broadcast contract still has football broadcasts on 107.9

The 24/7 103.3 simulcast is strickly a TownSquare Media decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

BR has 103.3 classic hits.

14. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    BR has 103.3 classic hits.
    I can't believe the FCC awarded two stations with the same frequency that close together without major major wattage and tower height restrictions. Somebody is flubbing on their agreement.

Since I could hear at least two other stations in Abbeville, there may be other offenders.

15. Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Turbine, you are getting a 2 for 1 without having to involve Dr. M.

You should be happy for the Deal . . .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information