Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best College Towns Ranking

Poll Best College Towns Ranking

Interesting thread on CSNbbs.

Lafayette is ranked 5th in the SBC and 47th in G5.

Under G5 schools, Not sure how Tulane - New Orleans is ranked 10th. UL is the next highest ranked in Louisiana at #47. Ruston is #49 and Monroe is #54. Baton Rouge is not even ranked in the Top 10 of the SEC.

Default Re: Best College Towns Ranking

Just wait till they see our rowdy homecoming crowd at Cajun Field this weekend. Our ranking will immediately change.

Big game boomer always comes up with some off the wall shat for rankings

Big Game Boomer is the worst when it comes to rankings. Mostly just post for clicks with no actual research done.

Louisiana is ranked 6th in the SBC, not 5th.

Honestly, I’d argue Troy ahead of us but the others have an argument.

Troy bring ranked as high as they are makes this ranking laughable. I would argue ULM is a better college town over Troy. Yes, I'm being serious. I think most others who have also made a trip to Troy would have the same opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Troy bring ranked as high as they are makes this ranking laughable. I would argue ULM is a better college town over Troy. Yes, I'm being serious. I think most others who have also made a trip to Troy would have the same opinion.
    No argument from me.

Where is JMU, Old D, and Marshall? Old list maybe?

9. Default Re: Best College Towns Ranking

Ho did we fall from one of the biggest partying towns in the country in the 80's to 6th in the Sunbelt? Has Lafayette really gone down that much?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Ho did we fall from one of the biggest partying towns in the country in the 80's to 6th in the Sunbelt? Has Lafayette really gone down that much?
    Zero Greek life! Louisiana is definitely NOT the party school it was 50 to 30 years ago.

And Moanrow above Mobile? Come on man.

Lafayette is a party grave yard compared to our day. However, having said that, whoever put Troy & San Marcos over Lafayette is insane. I just saw Hattiesburg ranked 26th. In my day, Hattiesburg could have been the number one party town in the US.

They have San Marcos number 7. What did I miss? The only thing I could see San Marcos being known for is rounding up illegals & sticking them in freight truck in the nice cool texas air & leaving them there for a weekend in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    They have San Marcos number 7. What did I miss? The only thing I could see San Marcos being known for is rounding up illegals & sticking them in freight truck in the nice cool texas air & leaving them there for a weekend in August.
    Yep, they should have been much higher. We try to head that way a couple times a year. For football, baseball and softball. Lots of places to party and get your drink on.

15. Default Re: Best College Towns Ranking

Without touching the merits, the forced 2am bar closings changed the culture, the strip died, and the rest is history.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information