Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Third Place

Default Re: Third Place

I remember all that as well. But everything, if I remember correctly,, was predicated with the stadium upgrade.

Everything costs money...in the case of CF and what was proposed,, you're talking a LOT of money.

I (being an optimist by nature) believe it can still happen.

I do know that the HGI was one of the pieces of that plan. Unfortunately it's the only thing that's gotten done.

Have any of you been to Truist Park in Atlanta. It's this threads idea on (lots of) steriods. You can spend a weekend there and have the time of your life without ever going in the ball park.

Now, the skeptic might think something like that would detract from the main attraction. I say nay. It's so desirable that new fans are being introduced to Braves baseball.

Damn, I wish I had won the Megamillions a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s Being built currently on Johnston St where old academy was. Its Called the forum
    Is that on school property?

3. Default Re: Third Place

No

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is that on school property?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In the other's personal file of Dr. Savoie, the trash bin.
    File 13!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    Sounds like we need to get Mr. Stephen Oubre on the podcast for some Q&A!
    Need credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    reading through this alden report is hysterical. i had forgotten how damning it was. the sad thing is not much has changed
    What did UL pay to get the report?

8. Default Re: Third Place

The Strip used to be the Third place.

Jefferson Street is a contender sometimes.

River Ranch wanted to be the third place

9. Default Re: Third Place

La Fonda and Poets were each the Third Place in their own times.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    La Fonda and Poets were each the Third Place in their own times.
    Ah, Tenacious Tuesdays. I was a DJ back then. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Have any of you been to Truist Park in Atlanta. It's this threads idea on (lots of) steriods. You can spend a weekend there and have the time of your life without ever going in the ball park.
    Truist is what I think of when I envision the future of Cajun Field. More and more stadiums will go a similar route.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No
    I mean I knew the answer but I was asking you because that was part of his scenario he laid out. Something on school property.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I mean I knew the answer but I was asking you because that was part of his scenario he laid out. Something on school property.
    He asked “where does that place exist in Lafayette? I can’t think of any” so I responded that it’s currently being built

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not sure how close to reality this was, but it was for sure being discussed with some developers from LA around the time Napier was hired. Of course, it went no where. I'll leave it up to you guys to guess why...

We need, at a minimum, bars and restaurants, inside and outside of the new stadium, that are open for regular business hours, 52 weeks a year. We need a common area, shared tailgating area, and official school store with official school gear as well.
    Agree. We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (The only Hotel within walking distance or even close to Cajun Field) It is always booked so you have to book way in advance. We always have to travel to go eat or go to a bar. Nothing within walking distance really. There is so much open space land where we can make this happen. You talk about would help attendance at Cajun Field if we had bars and restaurants and potentially a few more hotels within walking distance to Cajun Field!!! A Walk On's within walking distance of Cajun Field just makes too much sense!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Agree. We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (The only Hotel within walking distance or even close to Cajun Field) It is always booked so you have to book way in advance. We always have to travel to go eat or go to a bar. Nothing within walking distance really. There is so much open space land where we can make this happen. You talk about would help attendance at Cajun Field if we had bars and restaurants and potentially a few more hotels within walking distance to Cajun Field!!! A Walk On's within walking distance of Cajun Field just makes too much sense!
    Seems like that would be some kind of joint venture among UL, the city of Lafayette and private capital. Since it is all on UL property, UL would first have to agree to either sell or lease the property to developers. Either way, should generate significant revenue for the university.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information