Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Can we get some sort of clue on who this person is in Communications and Marketing? Title? Initials? We know its a female, so that rules out Eric M.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Great post and very accurate. Something that isn't talked about enough is how certain people in the administration and their theories on how to run an athletics program have run off the kind of supporter that would go out and be passionate enough to promote on their own time. People like you that articulate their thoughts and can influence others to come to the games, watch the games, be part of the fanbase, etc. People like the RR guys who have literally been fought tooth and nail since the podcast started, because "that's not how we do things here." People like the students that get lathered up and fired up during games, only to be told how to act in the stands, then carry their asses to BR because they don't treat them like The Barney Show. People that stand and clap and cheer on the home side of the stadium, only to be told to sit down and be quiet by "die hard fans." Businesses that want to make licensed apparel only to be told they can't, or if they do, they will pay up to the point that it doesn't even make business since to create the clothing in the first place. People that want to give money, but can get a return phone call about TG spaces or large donations. People that want to develop an entertainment district around the complex but get told no because the University doesn't want to "lose control" of the land around CF.

We alienate the very people that can light this program on fire. And it's done intentionally.
    One thing I would add to your list: Alumni that live in areas other that Lafayette, who want to stay connected to the university and grow strong alumni connections wherever they are, but have no direct path to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    One thing I would add to your list: Alumni that live in areas other that Lafayette, who want to stay connected to the university and grow strong alumni connections wherever they are, but have no direct path to doing so.
    It is exactly these types of situations as well as others that a person like Gerry would be great at directing their energy to building a strong fan base throughout the whole region & not just the twenty city blocks surrounding the school.

The University NEEDS a brick and mortar "Red Zone Sports" store at the athletic complex. With a _____load of LOUISIANA, CAJUNS, RAGIN CAJUNS merchandise. NOTHING with Lafayette on it. Keep that crap on the main campus for those that want to support education with the institution's name.

Also, at "Red Zone Sports" sell gameday tickets and parking THERE too! Get a shirt, get a hat, get your tickets, get a game day parking pass, etc, etc.

And for Pete's sake.... GET RID of the Barnes and Noble, corporate level BS! That was the biggest mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Can we get some sort of clue on who this person is in Communications and Marketing? Title? Initials? We know its a female, so that rules out Eric M.
    Eric lives 4 houses from me. I need to go drink a few beers with him and offer some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sam's First Season? Who was in this position years past? Did they go with Napier?

Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

The person in question is not in this screen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    And for Pete's sake.... GET RID of the Barnes and Noble, corporate level BS! That was the biggest mistake!
    I think we're stuck with B&N for the long haul now. I was trying to find an email related to that Jonathon Clark fellow that Dr. Maggard provided a telephone number for in order to send some examples of logo and gear I'd love to see in the fan shop. Couldn't find one. May just give him a call.

10. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The person in question is not in this screen shot.
    Want to pick that person out yourself?

https://ragincajuns.com/staff-directory

11. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Or are you referring to someone from Martin Hall?

12. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Want to pick that person out yourself?

https://ragincajuns.com/staff-directory
    See my original post.

I’m not sure our efforts are best spent trying to pinpoint this one person. Coming up with a clear and concise message co-signed by as many alumni and fans as possible directed to the office as a whole could get the ball rolling. See who provides the loudest objections and the person or persons out themselves.

Sam's First Season? Who was in this position years past? Did they go with Napier?
    Person previously in this spot moved to James Madison.

15. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m not sure our efforts are best spent trying to pinpoint this one person. Coming up with a clear and concise message co-signed by as many alumni and fans as possible directed to the office as a whole could get the ball rolling. See who provides the loudest objections and the person or persons out themselves.
    The goal here, to me, is to get this person to give explanations as to why our policy with regard to our brand and licensing is to keep it from being spread far and wide rather than promoting growth. Explain why it's so hard and cost prohibitive for others to do business with the licensing office. Explain why we can never get any traction with the mascot conversation.

If the explanations are valid, we'll accept them and just learn to live in a world where one of the most unique monikers in sports today must be kept under wraps. If not, we have an open dialogue about how this office can evolve into the 21st century so that our name can be monetized the way it should be.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information