Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Those person in question is out of Martin Hall, Communication and Marketing...but thanks for the effort. BTW, Sam is in charge of all game day stuff...he answered my question about the bell...He'd love to use it...but you guys know the rest of the story, ghost of Ray A...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The goal here, to me, is to get this person to give explanations as to why our policy with regard to our brand and licensing is to keep it from being spread far and wide rather than promoting growth. Explain why it's so hard and cost prohibitive for others to do business with the licensing office. Explain why we can never get any traction with the mascot conversation.

If the explanations are valid, we'll accept them and just learn to live in a world where one of the most unique monikers in sports today must be kept under wraps. If not, we have an open dialogue about how this office can evolve into the 21st century so that our name can be monetized the way it should be.
    I agree with you 100% MAT. What gives me concern is getting our voices heard to get that explanation. Those with influence at the university but not in charge of these decisions seem to be having a hard time getting progress on these issues. For example, Maggard tweeting that he is with RR on the merch issue. What does that say for the chances of us attacking this thing individually without cohesion? A group on the same page has a better chance, IMO.

3. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

According to FB's about page for that person that rhymes with Saloon, She is now a volunteer for the Volunteers. Not at UL

Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Those person in question is out of Martin Hall, Communication and Marketing...but thanks for the effort. BTW, Sam is in charge of all game day stuff...he answered my question about the bell...He'd love to use it...but you guys know the rest of the story, ghost of Ray A...
    Gotcha... I didnt give enough effort to read the entire 8 pages of thread.

5. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    According to FB's about page for that person that rhymes with Saloon, She is now a volunteer for the Volunteers. Not at UL
    Or was... it may not have been updated. Is she back?

She's listed on the communication and Marketing staff page...and has a title...

7. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Did she ever leave....

8. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I agree with you 100% MAT. What gives me concern is getting our voices heard to get that explanation. Those with influence at the university but not in charge of these decisions seem to be having a hard time getting progress on these issues. For example, Maggard tweeting that he is with RR on the merch issue. What does that say for the chances of us attacking this thing individually without cohesion? A group on the same page has a better chance, IMO.
    If you pay attention very closely, you'll see the out-of-towners starting to break ranks. It is my opinion that they are getting frustrated. The resources that they were afforded (and somewhat promised when they took these jobs) are being withheld, to a certain degree. I think pressure now is important because a much larger segment of employed UL staff are falling in line with our way of thinking. Have a conversation with most people employed by the university or athletics for less than 8 years. You'll start to see the trend.

Did she ever leave....
    mat you dont seem like the shy type. whats with the secrecy

10. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, don't be an instigator.

Well said buddy

12. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    This one is more complicated than the crusades in years past. People just need to keep digging and asking questions.

If you pay attention very closely, you'll see the out-of-towners starting to break ranks. It is my opinion that they are getting frustrated. The resources that they were afforded (and somewhat promised when they took these jobs) are being withheld, to a certain degree. I think pressure now is important because a much larger segment of employed UL staff are falling in line with our way of thinking. Have a conversation with most people employed by the university or athletics for less than 8 years. You'll start to see the trend.
    How much of that is just lip service though? I read these threads with excellent ideas about raising money & making the school more community friendly, then read the stories about the students getting kicked out for being students & the staff at the gates not knowing anything about weather delays, the concession lines still being in the crapper & all the other things going on & it gets really depressing to keep up with.

On the one hand you have a very large group of people who want to move the school forward. On the other hand you have an administration who is mentally stuck in the muck & mud of the past. Everyone is rediscussing the same old things from 15 years ago. And 15 years before that. How come nothing seems to get done concerning this football program that can be sustained?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    How much of that is just lip service though? I read these threads with excellent ideas about raising money & making the school more community friendly, then read the stories about the students getting kicked out for being students & the staff at the gates not knowing anything about weather delays, the concession lines still being in the crapper & all the other things going on & it gets really depressing to keep up with.

On the one hand you have a very large group of people who want to move the school forward. On the other hand you have an administration who is mentally stuck in the muck & mud of the past. Everyone is rediscussing the same old things from 15 years ago. And 15 years before that. How come nothing seems to get done concerning this football program that can be sustained?
    Fear of loss of control. RP could float 500 quality ideas out there, one of 2 things would happen. Either nothing would happen because it wasn’t from within or one idea would be used, staff taking credit, then resting on “their” success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fear of loss of control. RP could float 500 quality ideas out there, one of 2 things would happen. Either nothing would happen because it wasn’t from within or one idea would be used, staff taking credit, then resting on “their” success.
    And this is the exact thought process which must change. But how? How does the collective of those who care more but have less power teach the few who have the majority of power but seem apathetic that there is a better way? It is painfully apparent that the student must teach the teacher in this case. But How? How do we crack that nut?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information