Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    People who invest their time, money and efforts into this University and Athletics programs deserve answers. WAY passed time to stop asking WHAT and start asking WHY.
    This is the exact reason that Josh, Gerry and Nick should be able to interview coaches on the pod. Josh has balls and will ask all the hard hitting questions. The athletic department needs to get critical feedback from the fans investing time, money and efforts into the department.

When a business is failing, an internal audit needs to be done. We need an intensive audit, like, yesterday. And yes, changes need to be made. Too many people in positions of authority that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    We had the Alden report. They didn't follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    This is my issue, when does it end? Do we do this again next year with the same 2 guys? If one transfers do we go through this again with chriss and whoever stays? Do 3 guys each get a series if they all stay? I was really hoping we would have done this for the first 3 games then settled on a guy for conference. Fields and Wooldridge are basically the same qb, so it’s not like it’s a change of pace. I can understand using the first 3 games to settle it but it’s time to go with a guy. Heaven forbid that guy gets hurt but we know now that we have a more than capable backup if needed, whichever one it would be.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We had the Alden report. They didn't follow it.
    The Alden Report was the roadmap, but we prefer shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The Alden Report was the roadmap, but we prefer shortcuts.
    Excellent point.

If you bring this issue up with anyone who has had to deal with that office, there is one name that is always mentioned. Julie is not that name.
    Many of us know the history personally Josh. We lived it and we knew very well who made the decisions. But when you received a cease and desist letter threatening legal action for a supposed branding infringement, the letter had her signature on it and not the president. Turbine knows this well growing this website and I had to do the same with Cajun Redzone. California Cajun, whom is no longer with us received the letter for making his own hats.

7. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post

It is scary how much we align. I have the same sentiments about Ms Dronet as I have known her from almost before she was born.

I also feel the same about the other guy. I have not known him since before he was born and darn happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    If that story is accurate, that employee should be fired. I’m not normally a “fire him immediately” guy, but that’s pretty bad.

If I go to Cane’s, the guy taking my order should be fired if he starts trying to talk me into going next door and getting a Popeyes chicken sandwich.
    I can guarantee it is 100% accurate. My wife can testify as well. She could see how mad I was getting and asked me not to get crazy. I was going to let it go but since we were talking about how bad that place is becoming I decided to share my experience.

Soooo…back to the topic. Anyone have ideas on engaging with the Office of Communications and Marketing on this issue? Would a collective effort from the fanbase send more of a message?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It is scary how much we align. I have the same sentiments about Ms Dronet as I have known her from almost before she was born.

I also feel the same about the other guy. I have not known him since before he was born and darn happy about that.
    i wonder if we align on the actual problem in that office? mat is on the trail

11. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Soooo…back to the topic. Anyone have ideas on engaging with the Office of Communications and Marketing on this issue? Would a collective effort from the fanbase send more of a message?
    Don’t know the answer. I would start with Eric Maron. Be here forever and have not learned a dam thing. A yes man!!
    Last edited by Lafitte the Pirate; September 28th, 2022 at 10:35 pm. Reason: Spelling

UL Victory is a first class guy. Just curious why you would think he would be interested in that job?
    Because it is a job only a man like he could fulfill the right way. I have heard a LOT discussed on here about no one comes because no one asks. No one joins because no one asks. No one gives because no one asks. There are three distinct times in my times following UL I have gotten personally involved in going that extra mile for the school. In all three cases someone had the burden for the program to ask. One was Gerald Hebert who asked me on a few occasions if I would mind helping out, or invited me to certain functions which I appreciated & did what was asked of me.

One was Cajun T right at the start of the Hud era & the other was T-Boy who sought me out to help the program. On each of those occasions, I was not only glad to assist in what little way I could, I was honored & felt proud to be of service to the school. Nobody is perfect, but all three of these people care deeply about UL & all of them want the school to be as successful as possible. And when I se Gerry, I know how much his mom & dad love UL & I know he was brought up in an environment where he got a double whammy of that passion.

I also see a young man I admire because from everything I see he not only has the passion to be that guy. He has the humility & the intelligence. He is young, but deeply understands the schools needs & weaknesses as well as it's strengths & it's impact in the community as a whole. He has seen the failures & the successes & he understands people. I would support a guy like Gerry. I would personally do all I could within reason to help him do the mundane things that need to be done, but might not have the personnel to accomplish. Gerald Hebert was a lot like Gerry. The problem is when Gerald asked me to assist & the wanted to reward my help by inviting me to a function, the people who were alumni looked down on me as though I was an unwelcome stranger. But that wasn't Gerald's fault.

I have heard a lot of fun made of LSU fans who have never attended the school, yet buy the gear, pluck down big cash & make that trip 50 miles only to have to park 5 miles away & deal with 3hour long traffic jams coming home at two in the morning from a game which ended at 10:30 the ight before.

But those fans are the life's blood of that program. And without them LSU is just UBR. It isn't the 6 figure donations that make that school successful. It's the tens of thousands of fans across the state & the region that buy pay per view & all of the insane amount of useless crap to push their name forward that allows that school to buyout one guy for 17 million the guarantee the next guy 100 million just to act like they know something more than the rest of us do.

UL needs those kinds of people if they are ever going to achieve the kind of sustainable success that I know just about every poster on this forum has always hoped for. And Gerry is the kind of guy who can bond with those people & make them feel like they are part of building something of strength to be proud of for the whole Acadiana community. That is the type of person I envision being the next head of the RCAF. I see a guy that has the ability to take the RCAF out of the grasps of those who out of their ignorant misguided arrogance hold the school back from it's true potential & give it directly to the whole Acadiana area to share in it's hopes & it's potential achievements for all the people of Louisiana to be proud of.

13. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

This is the exact reason that Josh, Gerry and Nick should be able to interview coaches on the pod. Josh has balls and will ask all the hard hitting questions. The athletic department needs to get critical feedback from the fans investing time, money and efforts into the department.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, this is not the goal of the podcast talking to our coaches. The reason we want to talk to our coaches is because we have a platform that can allow our fans to interact with our coaches in a totally different way than traditional media. When fans feel connected to the people that are leading our teams, they are usually more inclined to stay involved. See Mark Hudspeth. What we do is get to know the person, more so than the coach. We're never going to put a coach in a "gotcha" situation.

And I don't think I ask "hard hitting" questions. I think we just ask the questions that our supporters want asked.

14. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Because it is a job only a man like he could fulfill the right way. I have heard a LOT discussed on here about no one comes because no one asks. No one joins because no one asks. No one gives because no one asks. There are three distinct times in my times following UL I have gotten personally involved in going that extra mile for the school. In all three cases someone had the burden for the program to ask. One was Gerald Hebert who asked me on a few occasions if I would mind helping out, or invited me to certain functions which I appreciated & did what was asked of me.

One was Cajun T right at the start of the Hud era & the other was T-Boy who sought me out to help the program. On each of those occasions, I was not only glad to assist in what little way I could, I was honored & felt proud to be of service to the school. Nobody is perfect, but all three of these people care deeply about UL & all of them want the school to be as successful as possible. And when I se Gerry, I know how much his mom & dad love UL & I know he was brought up in an environment where he got a double whammy of that passion.

I also see a young man I admire because from everything I see he not only has the passion to be that guy. He has the humility & the intelligence. He is young, but deeply understands the schools needs & weaknesses as well as it's strengths & it's impact in the community as a whole. He has seen the failures & the successes & he understands people. I would support a guy like Gerry. I would personally do all I could within reason to help him do the mundane things that need to be done, but might not have the personnel to accomplish. Gerald Hebert was a lot like Gerry. The problem is when Gerald asked me to assist & the wanted to reward my help by inviting me to a function, the people who were alumni looked down on me as though I was an unwelcome stranger. But that wasn't Gerald's fault.

I have heard a lot of fun made of LSU fans who have never attended the school, yet buy the gear, pluck down big cash & make that trip 50 miles only to have to park 5 miles away & deal with 3hour long traffic jams coming home at two in the morning from a game which ended at 10:30 the ight before.

But those fans are the life's blood of that program. And without them LSU is just UBR. It isn't the 6 figure donations that make that school successful. It's the tens of thousands of fans across the state & the region that buy pay per view & all of the insane amount of useless crap to push their name forward that allows that school to buyout one guy for 17 million the guarantee the next guy 100 million just to act like they know something more than the rest of us do.

UL needs those kinds of people if they are ever going to achieve the kind of sustainable success that I know just about every poster on this forum has always hoped for. And Gerry is the kind of guy who can bond with those people & make them feel like they are part of building something of strength to be proud of for the whole Acadiana community. That is the type of person I envision being the next head of the RCAF. I see a guy that has the ability to take the RCAF out of the grasps of those who out of their ignorant misguided arrogance hold the school back from it's true potential & give it directly to the whole Acadiana area to share in it's hopes & it's potential achievements for all the people of Louisiana to be proud of.
    Great post and very accurate. Something that isn't talked about enough is how certain people in the administration and their theories on how to run an athletics program have run off the kind of supporter that would go out and be passionate enough to promote on their own time. People like you that articulate their thoughts and can influence others to come to the games, watch the games, be part of the fanbase, etc. People like the RR guys who have literally been fought tooth and nail since the podcast started, because "that's not how we do things here." People like the students that get lathered up and fired up during games, only to be told how to act in the stands, then carry their asses to BR because they don't treat them like The Barney Show. People that stand and clap and cheer on the home side of the stadium, only to be told to sit down and be quiet by "die hard fans." Businesses that want to make licensed apparel only to be told they can't, or if they do, they will pay up to the point that it doesn't even make business since to create the clothing in the first place. People that want to give money, but can get a return phone call about TG spaces or large donations. People that want to develop an entertainment district around the complex but get told no because the University doesn't want to "lose control" of the land around CF.

We alienate the very people that can light this program on fire. And it's done intentionally.

15. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

WOW

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information