Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    its about time starts barking up the right tree. shes been a problem for years
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/julie-dronet-7880257b

She used to be in charge of branding, she's been gone a while. Unfortunately, she never wanted the job and was told what to do while in the position. It was a battle back then, but once Aldin came in a number of things changed and she left for the private sector.

Whomever is in the position now has reverted back to what we were doing then.

2. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

She has always been a star . . . Five Star

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/julie-dronet-7880257b

She used to be in charge of branding, she's been gone a while. Unfortunately, she never wanted the job and was told what to do while in the position. It was a battle back then, but once Aldin came in a number of things changed and she left for the private sector.

Whomever is in the position now has reverted back to what we were doing then.
    i was not talking about mrs dronet. she is not and was never the problem

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She has always been a star . . . Five Star
    She's always been nice but was put in a position she did want and frankly didn't push for change. Both things can be true. It's not about her, it's about a return to similar policies.

I wouldn't go that far having personal dealings with her on several occasions. But the return to those policies are the problem right now. And that has nothing to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I wouldn't go that far having personal dealings with her on several occasions. But the return to those policies are the problem right now. And that has nothing to do with her.
    jules was forced into an impossible situation as soon as she said yes to the role. she disagreed with most of what they made her say no to and i can say that with personal experience

7. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Frankly, I don't care who was to blame at any other time than right now. It's time to get to the bottom of these ridiculous issues plaguing us. Revenue, enrollment, energy, interest, morale, and results... ALL DOWN. And trending downward.

Ask the right questions; get the right answers. And then solve the damn problems so we can thrive again.

jules was forced into an impossible situation as soon as she said yes to the role. she disagreed with most of what they made her say no to and i can say that with personal experience
    I won't disagree with that and said as much. So, the return to those policies is the problem today.

In my opinion it’s not any one person. It’s an institutional thing. This stuff matters. You’re selling by people walking billboards. It should be a priority from top down.

I went to tulane last weekend. The merchandise is worlds better and their bookstore is run by BN I believe. I know it’s different situations but still.

10. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Oh? But I digress.

I was pleasantly surprised to see University of Louisiana on her LinkedIn page.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Oh? But I digress.

I was pleasantly surprised to see University of Louisiana on her LinkedIn page.
    Me too! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We can't use names?

Maybe we can use Google.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Unive...arketing+staff
    LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So I hit the link & it took me to a place where I was able to read a word salad of meaningless psychobabble. And herein lies the problem. You have a bunch of over educated nitwits who are from mostly foreign lands ( anywhere not Acadiana) who are in control of the athletic communications & marketing for this university & it is like watching the program go through it's second near death experience since I first started attempting to follow the program when I first moved here in the early 90s.

The difference being this time the powers that be within the university managed to send this bandwagon straight over the cliff faster than John Wayne did to the war wagon in the movie War Wagon. Please, prey tell me how in blue freaking blazes did this happen with any adults at the controls? This is exactly why the RCAF has to be removed from university control & put in the hands of it's own unpaid board of supervisors with UL Victory as it's paid senior officer & head of marketing & fund raising.
    UL Victory is a first class guy. Just curious why you would think he would be interested in that job?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you bring this issue up with anyone who has had to deal with that office, there is one name that is always mentioned. Julie is not that name.
    The older gentleman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So who was Jay yelling at? And what was it about? I'm a little upset to hear this. I thought I was the only one Jay liked to yell at & try to belittle while "defending the program".
    I love Jay and his calls on the radio. However I have said it over and over, Jay is one of them.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information