Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

1. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://louisiana.edu/about-us/who-we-are/licensing

From the university website:
    The university administers a licensing program to effectively manage the use of its brand, name and logos. The name of the university and all university logos are owned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. All uses of UL Lafayette’s name, department names, nicknames, and logos must be approved by UL Lafayette’s Office of Communications and Marketing.

So cjr did drop the right link. Now…process of elimination.
    Here is my interpretation: Because they own the name "UL Lafayette" they are determined to only push "UL Lafayette".

Because they don't own the commonly used nickname "Louisiana" they are willing to let hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not more) float away annually.

ps I saw documentation from 20 years ago that showed almost a million in apparel sales at turn of the century prices coming off the Baldwin era.

pss "Lady Cajuns" apparel was a nice chunk of that coin.

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Because Louisiana isn’t it’s name.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Here is my interpretation: Because they own the name "UL Lafayette" they are determined to only push "UL Lafayette".

Because they don't own the commonly used nickname "Louisiana" they are willing to let hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not more) float away annually.
    I said follow the money the other day. They should discount everything ULLafayette and purge the stores. Shipping it off to the union prolongs the issue. Heck I have a University of Louisiana sticker on the top of my truck’s back window. Bought it at the old union bookstore. Make it and it will sell.

4. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Here is something that will heat you guys up. An inside entity was trying to push a retro campaign for apparel this year. The office I brought up earlier said, "Nah. It would take too long to get the merchandise because of supply chain issues." This is one anecdotal example. One gentlemen in particular, who owns an apparel business and holds contracts with multiple different FBS programs, has personal ties to UL and would love to do business, has given up trying to get licensed because of the hassle and cost of doing business with this particular office.

We have so many people in key positions that are holding us back in the most recognizable time in Louisiana Athletics history.

5. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So I just called and spoke to Jonathon Clark at the Ragin' Cajuns store. First, very nice guy. I mentioned to him about Dr. Maggard suggesting fans call with apparel interests. I said myself and other fans have noticed a good deal of Lafayette merch as opposed to Louisiana merch at the Red Zone and inquired if this was something they were looking at adjusting. He said they were looking to move more of the Lafayette/academic merchandise to the Union store. I mentioned to him that some of the merch being sold with Lafayette was not necessarily academic merch. I pointed out the sign with the full university name and Ragin' Cajuns from the picture I posted earlier, "no one has a fan cave for academia." He agreed and said some of the merch on the website is not even things that they carry in the store or that he has ordered. He did mention not having Louisiana Lafayette with Ragin' Cajuns on merch was feedback they had already provided to Fanatics. I thanked him for listening, and he was very gracious and thanked me for providing the feedback.
    And this is the approach that should be taken. If anyone does reach out (and we all should), it needs to be just like this. Clark is just one man. The problems start at the administrator level.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Here is something that will heat you guys up. An inside entity was trying to push a retro campaign for apparel this year. The office I brought up earlier said, nah. It would take too long to get the merchandise because of 'supply chain issues.' This is one anecdotal example. One gentlemen in particular, who owns an apparel business and holds contracts with multiple different FBS programs, has personal ties to UL and would love to do business, has given up trying to get licensed because of the hassle and cost of doing business with this particular office.

We have so many people in key positions that are holding us back in the most recognizable time in Louisiana Athletics history.
    Bruh.

7. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

People who invest their time, money and efforts into this University and Athletics programs deserve answers. WAY passed time to stop asking WHAT and start asking WHY.

This happened at our bookstore?
    Yes on the Saturday we were playing Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    Yes on the Saturday we were playing Rice.
    If that story is accurate, that employee should be fired. I’m not normally a “fire him immediately” guy, but that’s pretty bad.

If I go to Cane’s, the guy taking my order should be fired if he starts trying to talk me into going next door and getting a Popeyes chicken sandwich.

10. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Fire’m all, that’s our motto now

11. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

When a business is failing, an internal audit needs to be done. We need an intensive audit, like, yesterday. And yes, changes need to be made. Too many people in positions of authority that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

its about time starts barking up the right tree. shes been a problem for years

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    its about time starts barking up the right tree. shes been a problem for years
    I'll take Ms-tery for 500, Alex...

Check that...ill take Names that sound like Saloon for 300...

I've been told I can't use names. So I won't. But we have an issue with licensing and branding. It is impossible to "grow the brand" if outside entities aren't allowed to sell things with your name on it. Feel free to investigate. All roads lead to one office...
    Is Julie Dronet still involved?

15. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Is Julie Dronet still involved?
    If you bring this issue up with anyone who has had to deal with that office, there is one name that is always mentioned. Julie is not that name.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information