Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

This University is so f___g inept! Worthless human debris.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Top of the mornin' to ya, Gents...

So seems like we've gone back in time to 2005.

1) DeSormeaux is the most discussed name in Lafayette.
    2) Merchandise is almost non-existent.
    3) University (one person in particular) is being a Nazi with our name.
    4) Our name is Louisiana-Lafayette, ULL and UL - Lafayette again according to the bookstore.
    5) Losing football games we shouldn't.
    6) Jay hollering at fans on the radio.
    7) Facebook harboring the "aww shucks" fans and banning people who don't kiss the ring.
    8) Poo-Poo is back in full force.
    9) Local media not covering the team in favor of the pukes out east.
    10) Idiots on social media proclaiming the banning of MAT from RP.

Did I miss anything? Nice to see you all again
    Welcome back, old friend.

Let the fun begin.

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    I was looking around and the employee came from behind the desk to ask if I was also an LSU fan. I said if you use that language in front of my godchild again I refuse to purchase. I was then asked why I wasn't a fan of the other school. I said look around if I wanted a purple shirt why would I be in here.
    Wait.....so you're in a store selling nothing but UL clothing apparel and one of the workers asked if you were an LSU fan?

It's no wonder we have trouble selling our own brand.

Between parking, tailgating, clothing, athletic department $, lack of communications, lack of transparancy, this school name madness, lack of general fan interest...not to mention a football team thats struggling somewhat to find an identity, idots in Martin Hall, idots on FB, guys on RP who want to fire the man after 5 games, a forgotten 2022 season, low season ticket sales, open athletic support positions no being filled, and an AD who can't afford a different shirt (shmedium at that) to wear to athletic events, bad attendance and just bad karma overall with the program and the school and the "fan" base...What else could go wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ok, I don’t have a picture but the DOTD portable message sign at CF says “ULL Student parking”. Congress side.

If you’re driving by IN LAFAYETTE, it doesn’t take a Mensa card to figure it out.
    Pretty sure that was put there by tensile and treasures last weekend. Not a UL thing.

6. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Ok. Now we're heading somewhere. Slowly but surely.

Before we get in to contacting people about this, we need a clearer picture of what specifically is happening. You've mentioned that we are ULL according to the bookstore and someone at the university is being a Nazi with our name. I'm a little confused, as the issue just looking at the merch seems to be a lack of consistency in branding not a strict adherence to one path or another. For example look at the attached image of the front page of the store's website. All over the place. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette. Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. Without giving names, can you be more specific on the issue that is occurring?
    It's a mixture of things. The inner workings of branding and licensing are so convoluted, its hard to place blame. But it is not impossible. I'd invite anyone that has reached out to the branding and licensing department about getting licensed to sell Cajuns Merchandise, what was your experience and who did you deal with primarily?

7. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    I was looking around and the employee came from behind the desk to ask if I was also an LSU fan. I said if you use that language in front of my godchild again I refuse to purchase. I was then asked why I wasn't a fan of the other school. I said look around if I wanted a purple shirt why would I be in here.
    This happened at our bookstore?

8. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Between parking, tailgating, clothing, athletic department $, lack of communications, lack of transparancy, this school name madness, lack of general fan interest...not to mention a football team thats struggling somewhat to find an identity, idots in Martin Hall, idots on FB, guys on RP who want to fire the man after 5 games, a forgotten 2022 season, low season ticket sales, open athletic support positions no being filled, and an AD who can't afford a different shirt (shmedium at that) to wear to athletic events, bad attendance and just bad karma overall with the program and the school and the "fan" base...What else could go wrong....
    This is like the Paul Harvey clip about "if I were an enemy of America, this is what I'd do to destroy her" vibes.. You almost couldn't try harder NOT to push the brand.

This is like the Paul Harvey clip about "if I were an enemy of America, this is what I'd do to destroy her" vibes.. You almost couldn't try harder NOT to push the brand.
    Since us UL fans don't have an upcoming mid term election to purge the madness, we're sentanced to this overall catastrophy till eternity....or whenever T-Joe retires...

It's a mixture of things. The inner workings of branding and licensing are so convoluted, its hard to place blame. But it is not impossible. I'd invite anyone that has reached out to the branding and licensing department about getting licensed to sell Cajuns Merchandise, what was your experience and who did you deal with primarily?
    https://louisiana.edu/about-us/who-we-are/licensing

From the university website:
    The university administers a licensing program to effectively manage the use of its brand, name and logos. The name of the university and all university logos are owned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. All uses of UL Lafayette’s name, department names, nicknames, and logos must be approved by UL Lafayette’s Office of Communications and Marketing.

So cjr did drop the right link. Now…process of elimination.

The university administers a licensing program to effectively manage the use of its brand, name and logos. The name of the university and all university logos are owned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. All uses of UL Lafayette’s name, department names, nicknames, and logos must be approved by UL Lafayette’s Office of Communications and Marketing.

UL doesn't even call itself UL ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    This University is so f___g inept! Worthless human debris.
    Merchandise and Concessions.

2 things that should be on point, every day, and we always fail.

In my 5 decades on this planet, this is the one constant at Louisiana. It is because the management philosophy for athletics here hasn't changed in those 5 decades.

Of you look at the titles..a lady with a last name that she is related to a once famous judge....thats the starting point as her title would indicate...

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We can't use names?

Maybe we can use Google.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Unive...arketing+staff
    So I hit the link & it took me to a place where I was able to read a word salad of meaningless psychobabble. And herein lies the problem. You have a bunch of over educated nitwits who are from mostly foreign lands ( anywhere not Acadiana) who are in control of the athletic communications & marketing for this university & it is like watching the program go through it's second near death experience since I first started attempting to follow the program when I first moved here in the early 90s.

The difference being this time the powers that be within the university managed to send this bandwagon straight over the cliff faster than John Wayne did to the war wagon in the movie War Wagon. Please, prey tell me how in blue freaking blazes did this happen with any adults at the controls? This is exactly why the RCAF has to be removed from university control & put in the hands of it's own unpaid board of supervisors with UL Victory as it's paid senior officer & head of marketing & fund raising.

So I just called and spoke to Jonathon Clark at the Ragin' Cajuns store. First, very nice guy. I mentioned to him about Dr. Maggard suggesting fans call with apparel interests. I said myself and other fans have noticed a good deal of Lafayette merch as opposed to Louisiana merch at the Red Zone and inquired if this was something they were looking at adjusting. He said they were looking to move more of the Lafayette/academic merchandise to the Union store. I mentioned to him that some of the merch being sold with Lafayette was not necessarily academic merch. I pointed out the sign with the full university name and Ragin' Cajuns from the picture I posted earlier, "no one has a fan cave for academia." He agreed and said some of the merch on the website is not even things that they carry in the store or that he has ordered. He did mention not having Louisiana Lafayette with Ragin' Cajuns on merch was feedback they had already provided to Fanatics. I thanked him for listening, and he was very gracious and thanked me for providing the feedback.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information