Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. What Did I Miss?

Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Top of the mornin' to ya, Gents...

So seems like we've gone back in time to 2005.

1) DeSormeaux is the most discussed name in Lafayette.
    2) Merchandise is almost non-existent.
    3) University (one person in particular) is being a Nazi with our name.
    4) Our name is Louisiana-Lafayette, ULL and UL - Lafayette again according to the bookstore.
    5) Losing football games we shouldn't.
    6) Jay hollering at fans on the radio.
    7) Facebook harboring the "aww shucks" fans and banning people who don't kiss the ring.
    8) Poo-Poo is back in full force.
    9) Local media not covering the team in favor of the pukes out east.
    10) Idiots on social media proclaiming the banning of MAT from RP.

Did I miss anything? Nice to see you all again
    Nah, that about covers it…

4) Our name is Louisiana-Lafayette, ULL and UL - Lafayette again according to the bookstore.
    7) Facebook harboring the "aww shucks" fans and banning people who don't kiss the ring.

Yep. I feel just like I did pre Hud. Oh no we suck again!

3. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

I have been pounding on LinkedIn for over a month on the name issue. Half of the people that work there have checked me out on LinkedIn. One of the even told me that most UL Alum agree that we are UL Lafayette. I challenged him on this. Never heard back. I will not be silent with any of these idiots who are part of these clicks!!

4. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    MAT, can you at least ID what office/department, if its not communications and marketing...
    One of the biggest problems we have right now is acceptable clothing options for Cajuns fans. Why do you think Maggard went on social media and told fans to contact licensed apparel vendors? That will get you started in the right direction..

One of the biggest problems we have right now is acceptable clothing options for Cajuns fans. Why do you think Maggard went on social media and told fans to contact licensed apparel vendors? That will get you started in the right direction..
    Maggard also suggested calling Jonathon Clark @ (337) 482-1322 (manager of the Ragin’ Cajuns store). I see that Mr. Clark is an LSU A&M grad. Are we having problems with the store not ordering the correct merchandise or someone beyond Mr. Clark at the university not allowing the merchandise to be made?

6. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Maggard also suggested calling Jonathon Clark @ (337) 482-1322 (manager of the Ragin’ Cajuns store). I see that Mr. Clark is an LSU A&M grad. Are we having problems with the store not ordering the correct merchandise or someone beyond Mr. Clark at the university not allowing the merchandise to be made?
    Interesting question...

Interesting question...

I just went to the Red Zone. If I didn’t know the location, other than a 18 x 36 (at best) flag on a pole on the fire station end, nothing screams “Red Zone”. A nice brick sign, per zoning would be nice…on the Johnston Street side. There is NOTHING for casual fan to notice for impulse buying. The trailer at Blackham probably had more walk up business. Even the parking isn’t defined for the RZ.

Way more “at Lafayette” crap than we need. Wanted a trim plate I saw in traffic “alumni university of Louisiana”. Not there unless you want Lafayette. Ended up with a “Louisiana Ragin Cajuns”. Didn’t bother saying a word to the two employees, based on initial observation, they were very polite and helpful, but the name thing is beyond their caring.

9. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

... someone ... at the university not allowing the merchandise to be made?
    In the past, this was the case.

Interesting question...
    Ok. Now we're heading somewhere. Slowly but surely.

Before we get in to contacting people about this, we need a clearer picture of what specifically is happening. You've mentioned that we are ULL according to the bookstore and someone at the university is being a Nazi with our name. I'm a little confused, as the issue just looking at the merch seems to be a lack of consistency in branding not a strict adherence to one path or another. For example look at the attached image of the front page of the store's website. All over the place. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette. Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. Without giving names, can you be more specific on the issue that is occurring?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Before we get in to contacting people about this, we need a clearer picture of what specifically is happening. You've mentioned that we are ULL according to the bookstore and someone at the university is being a Nazi with our name. I'm a little confused, as the issue just looking at the merch seems to be a lack of consistency in branding not a strict adherence to one path or another. For example look at the attached image of the front page of the store's website. All over the place. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette. Ragin' Cajuns. Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. Without giving names, can you be more specific on the issue that is occurring?
    Man, gotta get of those pillows with our helmets from 2001 on there!

Ok, I don’t have a picture but the DOTD portable message sign at CF says “ULL Student parking”. Congress side.

If you’re driving by IN LAFAYETTE, it doesn’t take a Mensa card to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Man, gotta get of those pillows with our helmets from 2001 on there!
    Dude if there's one thing aside from those pillows that I gotta have for my fan cave it's a sign with the full academic name of the university. Forget the wings and beer. Break out the veggie tray and textbooks and let's study!

14. Default Re: So.. What Did I Miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Ok, I don’t have a picture but the DOTD portable message sign at CF says “ULL Student parking”. Congress side.

If you’re driving by IN LAFAYETTE, it doesn’t take a Mensa card to figure it out.
    The website says "No ULL"

It should say "We don't train or communicate."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I just went to the Red Zone. If I didn’t know the location, other than a 18 x 36 (at best) flag on a pole on the fire station end, nothing screams “Red Zone”. A nice brick sign, per zoning would be nice…on the Johnston Street side. There is NOTHING for casual fan to notice for impulse buying. The trailer at Blackham probably had more walk up business. Even the parking isn’t defined for the RZ.

Way more “at Lafayette” crap than we need. Wanted a trim plate I saw in traffic “alumni university of Louisiana”. Not there unless you want Lafayette. Ended up with a “Louisiana Ragin Cajuns”. Didn’t bother saying a word to the two employees, based on initial observation, they were very polite and helpful, but the name thing is beyond their caring.
    I was looking around and the employee came from behind the desk to ask if I was also an LSU fan. I said if you use that language in front of my godchild again I refuse to purchase. I was then asked why I wasn't a fan of the other school. I said look around if I wanted a purple shirt why would I be in here.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information