Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

1. UL Football How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

Things have changed pretty dramatically for the UL Ragin’ Cajuns over the past two weeks.

There were several stretches in the first two games that raised some concern, but touchdowns on seven straight possessions in the win over Eastern Michigan eased much of that.

Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

The cajuns current problems won’t be fixed until the offseason. If CMD runs the up coming off season January through August like he did the last the problems won’t be fixed at all.

3. Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    The cajuns current problems won’t be fixed until the offseason. If CMD runs the up coming off season January through August like he did the last the problems won’t be fixed at all.
    Wait, now you are banking every single one of our issues on January to August? Really? No other causes?

We don’t have a capable offensive line. End of story.

McGowen going down killed us.

Napier taking, Torrence and Waites killed us.

Vallot and Mitchell moving on, killed us.

We have zero depth and 2 season ending injuries in fall camp took out two projected starters.

If not for that we would be in much better shape.

5. Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

A W on Saturday would go a long way . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Wait, now you are banking every single one of our issues on January to August? Really? No other causes?
    No the big picture. This teams clear lack of discipline, focus, and attention to detail are all direct reflections of things Des did differently or did not do that Napier did in the off season program and it is obvious. He changed the process. But we’ve been through that and I am not going there again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    A W on Saturday would go a long way . . .

Amen. We need that in the worst way.

Thinks can be fixed fairly quick for most of the problems except Oline… we lost to Monroe because of the little mental details…. We lost to rice was because we played like shot and deserved to loose…. The Oline has to find it…. It could be this weekend or it could be never just dunno at this point

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Thinks can be fixed fairly quick for most of the problems except Oline… we lost to Monroe because of the little mental details…. We lost to rice was because we played like shot and deserved to loose…. The Oline has to find it…. It could be this weekend or it could be never just dunno at this point
    With exception of tx st those two might be worst teams than the rest on our schedule. Even with out the mistakes don’t know if we played good enough to beat mid to upper sun belt level teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We don’t have a capable offensive line. End of story.

McGowen going down killed us.

Napier taking, Torrence and Waites killed us.

Vallot and Mitchell moving on, killed us.

We have zero depth and 2 season ending injuries in fall camp took out two projected starters.

If not for that we would be in much better shape.
    I agree with the OL problems. I bet everyone in the program suspected they would be further along at this point despite the injuries. That goes for administrators, coaches, players, and fans. My question is how much can they improve between now and the end of the season. I am sure some progress can be anticipated. Will it be enough to win a few more games is a question I cannot answer at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with the OL problems. I bet everyone in the program suspected they would be further along at this point despite the injuries. That goes for administrators, coaches, players, and fans. My question is how much can they improve between now and the end of the season. I am sure some progress can be anticipated. Will it be enough to win a few more games is a question I cannot answer at this stage.
    I agree. Harrington, Rubio, gillie, were highly thought of when they came here. Is their lack of development a coaching thing? I know center is a physical challenge with the under size walk on. Or does the deficiencies in the middle just make every one around him worst? If they don’t find an answer there it will be a very long year. What about the burton kids health status?

12. Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I agree. Harrington, Rubio, gillie, were highly thought of when they came here. Is their lack of development a coaching thing?
    Absolutely not, they've all had multiple years under the same coaches that put multiple linemen in the NFL.

It would be nice to be able to just plug and play, but that is not the norm.

It's why I have always said you can never have enough linemen ... I might have said time machines.

Over recruit, over recruit, over recruit those positions, don't go by the numbers alone.

13. Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . . . It's why I have always said you can never have enough linemen ...
    I can’t tell you how many times I have heard this on TV in the last couple of days . . .

No the big picture. This teams clear lack of discipline, focus, and attention to detail are all direct reflections of things Des did differently or did not do that Napier did in the off season program and it is obvious. He changed the process. But we’ve been through that and I am not going there again.
    Our opening drive against ULM was a thing of beauty. Then, Des kept trying to establish a running game and the defense stacked against it. Two running plays for no yardage, then forced to pass on 3rd & long sitting in a collapsed pocket, then punt. Don't just sit in the pocket on every passing play to either get sacked or forced into an incompletion. Why not come out with a quick passing game to keep the defense on their heels, to set up the run instead of the reverse? Change the play calling to help compensate for the OL deficiencies. We have the receivers and QBs to accomplish that.

15. Default Re: How quickly can the Ragin' Cajuns problems be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Absolutely not, they've all had multiple years under the same coaches that put multiple linemen in the NFL.

It would be nice to be able to just plug and play, but that is not the norm.

It's why I have always said you can never have enough linemen ... I might have said time machines.

Over recruit, over recruit, over recruit those positions, don't go by the numbers alone.
    With the new Transfer Portal players are free agents in virtually every circumstance. That being the case universities are under no obligation to retain players taking too long to develop. I’m saying unfortunately we need to cut those and replace them with juco, transfers, and freshmen. Of course we still have the graduation rates to limit our abilities. Kids transfering should not count against you kind of like early leaving for NBA, NFL, and MLB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information