Thread: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

1. UL Football ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

This year's theme for UL's Homecoming is "All Roads Lead to Vermilion and White" and local businesses decorated accordingly for Paint the Town Red.

2. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos from Around Lafayette

With the theme ...

"All Roads Lead to Vermilion and White" ...

I can't wait to see the pictures from the businesses in Abbeville, New Iberia, Opelousas, Crowley, Pon Breaux, not to mention Carencro, Broussard, Scott and Youngsville etc etc ...

Grow the base.

3. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos from Around Lafayette

Two of the establishments using the pepper.

Obviously they keep up.

Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

Bright side is most casuals don't even know we just lost our last 2 games to Rice and ULM! Maybe they'll still come to the game Saturday!

5. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Bright side is most casuals don't even know we just lost our last 2 games to Rice and ULM! Maybe they'll still come to the game Saturday!
    Winner!

Get PooPoo on that pirogue and have him declare his kingship.

I mean, we didn't promote this game based an 11 game home win streak? "Protect the Swamp for the 12th time in a row"? Nothing? Lololololol

7. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I mean, we didn't promote this game based an 11 game home win streak? "Protect the Swamp for the 12th time in a row"? Nothing? Lololololol
    For them this was an unknown/unknown.

We know. We’d rather stream it.
    -signed.
    Casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    That would be too simple for that bunch....

10. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

Of course the stupid Alumni Association still UL Lafayette everything!!

I agree! It’s a homecoming game for football. The Alumni Association should use Louisiana for all athletic events.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I agree! It’s a homecoming game for football. The Alumni Association should use Louisiana for all athletic events.
    It’s not just a UL thing. Most in the academic world hold disdain towards athletics because of the salaries head coaches and staff demand and earn.

13. Default Re: ‘Paint the Town Red’ Photos

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s not just a UL thing. Most in the academic world hold disdain towards athletics because of the salaries head coaches and staff demand and earn.
    Athletics is entertainment. People will always give more to entertain themselves than educate others. If they’re too bone headed to recognize that their education is wasted.

Sadly the director of communication and marketing has a PhD from some university instead of vice president of marketing from a Fortune 500 company.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This is true. But in other places, it doesn't result in "Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College of Baton Rouge" be printed on throw pillows and koozies.

Thread Information