Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    1800 RCAF members, and I had to track them down and almost force them to take my money..
    It’s almost like the people in charge don’t want to know the reasons people have stopped giving…that way they can just chalk it up to Covid, economic downturn, etc. No accountability or self reflection necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    1800 RCAF members, and I had to track them down and almost force them to take my money..
    I had to show them proof that I was already a member when they tried to say I wasn't. So much disorganization with those folks.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It’s almost like the people in charge don’t want to know the reasons people have stopped giving…that way they can just chalk it up to Covid, economic downturn, etc. No accountability or self reflection necessary.
    Lets face it, if you had to deal with people like CajunVic everyday you probably wouldn't care if they stopped donating either. Not dealing with them > their donations.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Lets face it, if you had to deal with people like CajunVic everyday you probably wouldn't care if they stopped donating either. Not dealing with them > their donations.
    He has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

I know folks who have stopped giving or cut back exponentially. These aren’t complain and raise a fuss people. They are fine I’ll give my money to someone who at least pretends they want it folks. This university can’t even be bothered to pretend at this point.

5. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I think Vic raises a good question. I’ve been asking this for a while. I see the legislative auditors reports for the past few years and it raises questions. I bring it up and someone says “yea, it’s more complicated with that” or something.

July 2020 to June 2021: $863,391 loss
    https://app.lla.state.la.us/publicre...ement&.7773098

July 2019 to June 2020: $5,980,700 loss

July 2018 to June 2019: $4,559,770 loss

In each year we have ~$16 million in “direct institutional support.” That’s the answer. Now you gotta find a definition for that i suppose
    No definition needed as long as the money tree used to fund that institutional support remains viable and full of fruit.

However, until one can SHOW ME THE TREE which has borne all that fruit spent on athletics during the Dr. M era (not just on football) and can assure that it will be an evergreen into the future, is the level of spending which occurred during the Dr. M era for the CBN years for ALL SPORTS really be sustainable?

6. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

There's born, borne and bore.

With a tree I "think" it's borne and bore. Not real sure of myself though.

7. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There's born, borne and bore.

With a tree I "think" it's borne and bore. Not real sure of myself though.
    Fixed. Thanks for being nice . . .

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information