Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Link and paraphrase?

Edit: I say this because after getting the runaround on my Covid refund, I stopped my 2 parking passes, 5 season tickets and 4-figure rcaf donation only to be told thank you and hear the phone click. They hung up before I did!
    Just curious: you brought up alot of points in the thread re:gameday experience and why you don’t attend football games.

Sounds like you don’t attend bc of an ax to grind - not bc the concessions are too long??

3. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

To me, look pretty broke on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    To me, look pretty broke on that list.
    If we’re not broke, we’re certainly living paycheck to paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

The agenda here isn’t exactly a secret. There only a certain few goals with this discussion:

- Erode confidence in CMD (by insinuating that he’s all we could afford)
    - Erode confidence in Maggard (by insinuating that he mismanaged various things related to the budget)
    - The notion that we aren’t prepared to pay the money to be big time like we think we are (kinda sounds like “know your place, little brother”, huh?)
    I see this thread is still going. Let's do a progress check:

DEBUNKED
    - Erode confidence in Maggard (by insinuating that he mismanaged various things related to the budget)
    STILL BEING ATTEMPTED
    - The notion that we aren’t prepared to pay the money to be big time like we think we are (kinda sounds like “know your place, little brother”, huh?)
    STILL BEING ATTEMPTED

And yes, I know the first thing Cav-Vic is going to do is quote where I said I would stay out of the discussion. And I am. Just checking in on my early analysis of the agendas here.

6. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

I see this thread is still going. Let's do a progress check:

DEBUNKED
    STILL BEING ATTEMPTED
    STILL BEING ATTEMPTED
    So where you going with this?

7. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

He was checking in on where we're going with this.

8. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He was checking in on where we're going with this.
    This is really funny.

You are ascribing onto B4H an agenda while B4H is attempting to ascribe an agenda onto me when there is absolutely none in that regard.

I’ll take a shot at it. The ___ of B4H is flaring up and reaching max symptoms. When that happens, he starts manufacturing reasons to post about Vic.

Go get you some help B4H . . . Maybe you and Poo Poo can get a 2 for 1 on some ___ treatment.

Actually people are wanting to know where you are going with this. I was just checking in on where I predicted you were going with this about 15 pages ago. Keep it up!

10. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Actually people are wanting to know where you are going with this. I was just checking in on where I predicted you were going with this about 15 pages ago. Keep it up!
    I have been very clear where I am going. It is apparent you don’t like that so you keep trying to make up other places to send me. Rest assured, I’m driving my own car and it’s not going where you are trying to send it.

I have been very clear where I am going. It is apparent you don’t like that so you keep trying to make up other places to send me. Rest assured, I’m driving my own car and it’s not going where you are trying to send it.
    Well then, if its very clear where you are going...then you should be disregarding me because I'll be obviously wrong. I'll just leave the post sitting here and we can refer back to it periodically. Drive on!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Just curious: you brought up alot of points in the thread re:gameday experience and why you don’t attend football games.

Sounds like you don’t attend bc of an ax to grind - not bc the concessions are too long??
    Nope, the athletic department is broken in various ways. I stopped going to games because of the game day experience. Although, I try at least once a year only to see that nothing is being addressed. I then decided that a couple thousand dollars a year wasn't worth it and decided to put that money toward my kids' school instead. Just pointing out that there was no effort to retain my donations. For comparison, I have a recurring donation to a local church. Want to know how I knew my credit card was expiring? They called me before my card was declined. It's because they care and appreciate the small donations.

No ax to grind, just pointing out the reasons that I think things are going in the wrong direction. Fix the issues and I'll be back.

13. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Oh

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Nope, the athletic department is broken in various ways. I stopped going to games because of the game day experience. Although, I try at least once a year only to see that nothing is being addressed. I then decided that a couple thousand dollars a year wasn't worth it and decided to put that money toward my kids' school instead. Just pointing out that there was no effort to retain my donations. For comparison, I have a recurring donation to a local church. Want to know how I knew my credit card was expiring? They called me before my card was declined. It's because they care and appreciate the small donations.

No ax to grind, just pointing out the reasons that I think things are going in the wrong direction. Fix the issues and I'll be back.
    The fact that we have less than 2,000 RCAF members and a member leaving at all (even at the $50 level) doesn’t trigger alarm bells is very concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The fact that we have less than 2,000 RCAF members and a member leaving at all (even at the $50 level) doesn’t trigger alarm bells is very concerning.
    1800 RCAF members, and I had to track them down and almost force them to take my money..

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information