Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. Coached under CBN for CBN’s entire tenure as a head coach. No other candidate can have this.

2. If CMD is successful here as the HC and earns the right to stay, this will not be a stepping stone job. No other candidate had this.

3. CMD is extremely intelligent and has been at Louisiana during the entire time the cULture has been created.

4. CMD knows and has recruited most of the existing personnel. No other candidate could have this.

5. CMD is intimately familiar with our conference opponents.

6. CMD has been a Cajun from head to toe his entire life. No other candidate could have this.

7. He was willing to come here for the budgeted amount. No better candidates that people here would be comfortable with would come for that amount.

8. CMD is intimately familiar with the Louisiana recruiting area and it’s high school coaches.

And on and on . . .

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Someone here gets it.
    I know you get it. Why aren't you in the middle of spear heading a breakaway from university control? If you are who I think you are, I will tell you right now, there is no better person for that job than you. I would trust you. I would support you. And if you can gain my trust & support & you don't even have the job. Just imagine what you could do for the university athletic program if you did have that job. You are the man to lead UL athletics into the rest of this half of this century. Now stand up & be the man. Be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    His assistant pool did not change. His salary is $1.2M less and that certainly didn't go back into institutional support. In addition to that, we won't know how much was cut from the recruiting budget and travel cost until we see the state audit when it's released. But you can ask Sam Landers how much RCAF raised to supplement those losses, he can tell you since he hosted the event.

Again, I'm not making the argument that this is entirely our problem right now. But much like the losses in organization, there have been cuts in the budget across the board for the athletic department and even on the academic side.
    Well by my figures that's 3.77 million dollars. I don't care how you do it, that's not chump change. So Mike has a very decent support budget to work with. So this is no reason for the team to have a major drop off in performance.

4. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

There is no way that $3.77mm has ever been spent at Louisiana on football coaching support staff.

Gobbledygook in, gobbledegook out . . .

it’s Buckley . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is no way that $3.77mm has ever been spent at Louisiana on football coaching support staff.
    Source?

6. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Source?
    I just don’t think this is correct. We were very proud to have provided $2mm for this for Napier. I doubt it almost doubled after Napier was hired and during his tenure here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I know you get it. Why aren't you in the middle of spear heading a breakaway from university control? If you are who I think you are, I will tell you right now, there is no better person for that job than you. I would trust you. I would support you. And if you can gain my trust & support & you don't even have the job. Just imagine what you could do for the university athletic program if you did have that job. You are the man to lead UL athletics into the rest of this half of this century. Now stand up & be the man. Be that guy.
    This is like a William Wallace at Sterling moment.

Source?
    He has no source. As much as he's called us out for debating him demanding sources, he's equally lacking in the same area because his ideas are based on speculation. Ours are based in the fact that the admin was paying Napier and staff more than any other staff in our history and had offered Napier a healthy increase to compete with the Florida offer and we also know there was a $2 million coaches salary pool that was also announced to stay for Des's staff.

Is UL Athletics broke? This is an important question for Dr. Maggard to address to all RCAF investors.

UL Basketball Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. Coached under CBN for CBN’s entire tenure as a head coach. No other candidate can have this.

2. If CMD is successful here as the HC and earns the right to stay, this will not be a stepping stone job. No other candidate had this.

3. CMD is extremely intelligent and has been at Louisiana during the entire time the cULture has been created.

4. CMD knows and has recruited most of the existing personnel. No other candidate could have this.

5. CMD is intimately familiar with our conference opponents.

6. CMD has been a Cajun from head to toe his entire life. No other candidate could have this.

7. He was willing to come here for the budgeted amount. No better candidates that people here would be comfortable with would come for that amount.

8. CMD is intimately familiar with the Louisiana recruiting area and it’s high school coaches.

And on and on . . .
    #Support
    #DesIsOurCoach
    #DesIsOneOfUs
    #JustWinBaby #GeauxCajuns #BradBoydBasketball

11. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He has no source. As much as he's called us out for debating him demanding sources, he's equally lacking in the same area because his ideas are based on speculation. Ours are based in the fact that the admin was paying Napier and staff more than any other staff in our history and had offered Napier a healthy increase to compete with the Florida offer and we also know there was a $2 million coaches salary pool that was also announced to stay for Des's staff.
    We have to dance a lot when we just don’t know.

1. Fact: You have no source that Napier was in fact offered $3.2mm to stay. If you do, show it here.

2. So, is the coaches pool $2mm or $3.77mm as indicated by Buckley and BWK?

3. Fact: At no time did I take the position that any amount other than $2mm was available for support staff. If your position is otherwise show the evidence.

4. Fact: CMD was offered and CMD accepted $750,000 to be the HC at Louisiana. There is no evidence anywhere that anymore $$$ were available at that time by Louisiana to hire its HFC. You can’t find another coach with a better Resume AND INTANGIBLES to be the HC at Louisiana. When you make that analysis, you can’t avoid either the salary number or the intangibles.

So, now you can eat your speculation argument because it is you and ALL the rest who believe there was a better candidate out there than CMD when all Facts considered that are speculating.

SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES . . . SHOW ME THE MONEY

12. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

We have to dance a lot when we just don’t know.

1. Fact: You have no source that Napier was in fact offered $3.2mm to stay. If you do, show it here.

2. So, is the coaches pool $2mm or $3.77mm as indicated by Buckley and BWK?

3. Fact: At no time did I take the position that any amount other than $2mm was available for support staff. If your position is otherwise show the evidence.

4. Fact: CMD was offered and CMD accepted $750,000 to be the HC at Louisiana. There is no evidence anywhere that anymore $$$ were available at that time by Louisiana to hire its HFC. You can’t find another coach with a better Resume AND intangibles to be the HC at Louisiana. When you make that analysis, you can’t avoid either the salary number or the intangibles.

So, now you can eat your speculation argument because it is you and ALL the rest who believe there was a better candidate out there than CMD when all Facts considered who are speculating.

SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES . . . SHOW ME THE MONEY
    I do not know if you are right or if you are wrong but your trail is registering to me as a process of elimination conclusion .... with an unraveled untraveled trail off to the side.

13. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I do not know if you are right or if you are wrong but your trail is registering to me as a process of elimination conclusion .... with an unraveled untraveled trail off to the side.
    That’s a lot of big words to describe my simple process supported by actual facts which are indisputable combined with reason and deduction.

I just don’t think this is correct. We were very proud to have provided $2mm for this for Napier. I doubt it almost doubled after Napier was hired and during his tenure here.
    Well there we have it, folks.

Cav-Vic “thinks”, therefore it is spoken as truth.

“Know your place, little brother”…loud and clear.

15. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Well there we have it, folks.

Cav-Vic “thinks”, therefore it is spoken as truth.

“Know your place, little brother”…loud and clear.
    Ok genies, tell me what else there is at this point? I have provided indisputable facts with reason and deduction to fill in the gaps.

Yes, reason and deduction requires one to think.

As far as the “know your place” . . . WTF is that?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information