Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Default Re: Are we Broke

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    You did.

If Dr. Maggard had gone outside to hire a new coach, he sure as hell wouldn't have paid anyone a million dollars to start.

So your comment about hiring Mike on the cheap holds no water.

None.
    Wrong. A qualified top level coach would have gotten a million plus.

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    By all accounts, we interviewed other candidates from bigger schools but decided on Desormeaux. We paid him that because that pay is in line for his resume, not because its all we had. Had we hired Lanning, it wouldn't have been for $750k.
    One guy on here said we didn't interview other folks? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Forget Mike's Salary. 750,000 dollars is enough to buy a hell of a coach. My question is about the tools to operate & run a successful comprehensive program? Is Mike being given budget in line with the budget Billy had to operate? And if not, why not?
    Covid shortage bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    One guy on here said we didn't interview other folks? LOL.
    Two others for certain, the exact number I have no clue. Billy's initial contract was in the same ballpark. Considering neither were ever head coaches, that's a fare starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Ask Turbine to post the thread since you joined in August. There is plenty of information on who left and how many.
    A locker room guy should already know the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    been reading these boards for 20+ years chief. the answer is no one knows
    And after one month you are already running folks away. The information has been posted on other threads. Go with what T says.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Desormeaux was the target before Napier left, for whenever he left.

All the salary $ justification (then and now) is reverse engineering Desormeaux's true value.
    Yep. Napier and Sale told me and T-Boy that Des would be the next coach. I told a poster on this very site that Mike would be the next coach and he was already on staff. Another poster wanted to bet me $10,000 that the next coach wouldn't come from the current staff. This was posted three months or so before Billy left. Mike was always next in line. I broke this first and the thread history don't lie.

8. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

CMD as the next Louisiana coach was brought to you by Vic and don’t forget it . . .

His assistant pool did not change. His salary is $1.2M less and that certainly didn't go back into institutional support. In addition to that, we won't know how much was cut from the recruiting budget and travel cost until we see the state audit when it's released. But you can ask Sam Landers how much RCAF raised to supplement those losses, he can tell you since he hosted the event.

Again, I'm not making the argument that this is entirely our problem right now. But much like the losses in organization, there have been cuts in the budget across the board for the athletic department and even on the academic side.
    Yep. BeauCajun is donating copy paper for his wife's department.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    one way or another someone is not doing something. this is not a shoulder shrug moment. at some level incompetence somewhere or laziness somewhere or just not giving a damn somewhere is costing us millions. and costing us fans. and costing us wins
    Excellent post.

Two others for certain, the exact number I have no clue. Billy's initial contract was in the same ballpark. Considering neither were ever head coaches, that's a fare starting point.
    Oh I know we interviewed others.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    1. How much was paid?

2. Don’t you believe with the recent success of the program, if more was available, we would not have shot for the stars?

3. Getting CMD at $750,000 meant we not only got a good coach, we got the only coach available with the intangibles CMD has.

4. If we had more money, it would have been better used to attempt to retain more support staff.

Finally, because I said it’s so. If that is not enough, why are you still following this thread?

Let me help you a little, because you know that me and my bird have ALWAYS been right.
    What are his intangibles?

13. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    What are his intangibles?
    Read through the various threads they are all over.

The difference I believe will be shown in the next audit is in Institutional Support and RCAF. Technically, the state law doesn't allow our state institutions to lose money in athletics. You have to cover those loses by donations, borrowing money from auxiliary fees and the foundation. It has to be paid back at some point. It all sounds like kabuki theater, but our problem is those auxiliary fees will not be renewed. They come off the books at some point. When they do, those funds will no longer be an option to help athletics. If you want a more technical explanation, you can reach out Jerry Luke Leblanc. I doubt he will respond to you because they don't like discussing it.
    He's still around running things?

Dang...Louisiana really does keep recycling the same ole same ole with its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Read through the various threads they are all over.
    I have. It’s mentioned over and over again but nothing is listed.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information