Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with his true value. It just happens to be what he is paid.
    Right now, he is establishing his true value.

Right now, he is about 6 plays away from being undefeated as a head coach.

If he is able correct those key moments, his value will go up.

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    So riddle me this, anyone...

2017-2018, balanced budget
    2018-2019, lose $4.5mln, why? Increased spending on football staff with Napier coming in? That seems like too big a number to be just that.
    2019-2020, lose $6 mln, why? Everything from previous year, plus we lose spring sports attendance with covid?
    2020-2021, somehow we reign it in and lose less than $1mln, despite that being the year that covid affected football the most. How did that happen?

It's pretty clear to me that we made some strategic expenditures in 2018-2020, but then got it back relatively balanced (- covid related attendance losses) in 2020-2021.

So where's money? I mean, isn't it right there? Someone tell me what I'm missing.
    The difference I believe will be shown in the next audit is in Institutional Support and RCAF. Technically, the state law doesn't allow our state institutions to lose money in athletics. You have to cover those loses by donations, borrowing money from auxiliary fees and the foundation. It has to be paid back at some point. It all sounds like kabuki theater, but our problem is those auxiliary fees will not be renewed. They come off the books at some point. When they do, those funds will no longer be an option to help athletics. If you want a more technical explanation, you can reach out Jerry Luke Leblanc. I doubt he will respond to you because they don't like discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The difference I believe will be shown in the next audit is in Institutional Support and RCAF. Technically, the state law doesn't allow our state institutions to lose money in athletics. You have to cover those loses by donations, borrowing money from auxiliary fees and the foundation. It has to be paid back at some point. It all sounds like kabuki theater, but our problem is those auxiliary fees will not be renewed. They come off the books at some point. When they do, those funds will no longer be an option to help athletics. If you want a more technical explanation, you can reach out Jerry Luke Leblanc. I doubt he will respond to you because they don't like discussing it.
    If decision makers see the auxiliary fee sunset cliff approaching and we’re not seeing any effort to offset that with an RCAF membership drive, what the heck are we doing?

Hud: People just want to be invited to something

Good idea on how to raise some cash....multiply times number of home games...

https://appstatesports.com/auctions/...spx?category=4

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    If decision makers see the auxiliary fee sunset cliff approaching and we’re not seeing any effort to offset that with an RCAF membership drive, what the heck are we doing?

Hud: People just want to be invited to something
    one way or another someone is not doing something. this is not a shoulder shrug moment. at some level incompetence somewhere or laziness somewhere or just not giving a damn somewhere is costing us millions. and costing us fans. and costing us wins

UL Football Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

I will say this now. For the money these coaches make, we, as a collective, can _____ and scream as much as we want. If my record for work projects was CMD record, I would have been fired already. More money comes more responsibility. Deal with it or get another job. Attendance needed to increase not plummet for money to be made.

7. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I will say this now. For the money these coaches make, we, as a collective, can _____ and scream as much as we want. If my record for work projects was CMD record, I would have been fired already. More money comes more responsibility. Deal with it or get another job. Attendance needed to increase not plummet for money to be made.
    Your using "fired already" shows you don't believe your own words.

"fired already" screams premature.

8. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

We talking about getting fired again? Some just don’t learn . . .

I have seen lots of things posted here but not one of them has refuted that fact in any way.

It is what we paid, so to say there was more without evidence becomes nothing more than a red herring.

It is a hard burden to refute what in fact has been done.

SHOW ME THE MONEY
    Other than your opinion, which isn't worth much, what evidence do you have to substantiate your claim that UL only budgeted 750 for the HC.

10. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. How much was paid?

2. Don’t you believe with the recent success of the program, if more was available, we would not have shot for the stars?

3. Getting CMD at $750,000 meant we not only got a good coach, we got the only coach available with the intangibles CMD has.

4. If we had more money, it would have been better used to attempt to retain more support staff.

Finally, because I said it’s so. If that is not enough, why are you still following this thread?

Let me help you a little, because you know that me and my bird have ALWAYS been right.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    thats not up to us. its up to the state and the student body. they both already said no
    what covers this is getting people to your games. separating rcaf to a private entity. hiring competent fund raisers. giving people a reason to join. getting students involved with private donations. early alumni groups with benefits for staying involved. going after the everyday joe with promotions. raising enrollment. developing the real estate around the fields. increasing student housing and having a lively on campus experience. alumni association getting off of their asses. rcaf board have some motivation other than how they get to their suite. getting the gameday and tailgating atmosphere right. or in other words admins doing their ____ing jobs
    Someone here gets it.

12. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Someone here gets it.
    If ever all those he mentions get it, it will be on like Donkey Kong

1. How much was paid?

2. Don’t you believe with the recent success of the program, if more was available, we would not have shot for the stars?

3. Getting CMD at $750,000 meant we not only got a good coach, we got the only coach available with the intangibles CMD has.

4. If we had more money, it would have been better used to attempt to retain more support staff.

Finally, because I said it’s so. If that is not enough, why are you still following this thread?

Let me help you a little, because you know that me and my bird have ALWAYS been right.
    Weak!!! At best

14. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Weak!!! At best
    Ok, you give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Why is this being asked on a forum of supporters already donating?

We don’t get paid $400,000 per year to answer that or to fix it.
    Not everyone on this forum supports UL. Nor do they all give.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information