1) App State: $14,220,988
    2) Louisiana: $11,267,394
    9) ULM: $4,230,473

LOUISIANA PROFIT/LOSS BY YEAR
    2020-2021: -$862,391
    2019-2020: -$5,980,700
    2018-2019: -$4,559,770
    2017-2018: +$82,086
    Know what fills this gap, a Student Athletic Fee, just like every other competitive athletic program.

17K students × $300 athletic fee/semester = $5.1M/semester

If we are serious about athletics make this happen.

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Know what fills this gap, a Student Athletic Fee, just like every other competitive athletic program.

Even when only 400 students attend games ?

thats not up to us. its up to the state and the student body. they both already said no
    what covers this is getting people to your games. separating rcaf to a private entity. hiring competent fund raisers. giving people a reason to join. getting students involved with private donations. early alumni groups with benefits for staying involved. going after the everyday joe with promotions. raising enrollment. developing the real estate around the fields. increasing student housing and having a lively on campus experience. alumni association getting off of their asses. rcaf board have some motivation other than how they get to their suite. getting the gameday and tailgating atmosphere right. or in other words admins doing their ____ing jobs

Ask Tech how that went 80% votes no

Looking closer at the numbers, here's overall revenue.

Media rights grew and will get larger with new media contract.
    $40,091
    $1,260,000
    $1,184,738
    $1,253,265

Donations is up and down.
    $7,128,275
    $4,628,155
    $4,962,106
    $5,211,463

Ticket sales had a huge drop.
    $2,390,440
    $2,210,502
    $1,538,645
    $806,993

And we’re maybe the only state in the Union that requires such to go before a student body vote.

UTSA’s $240/semester athletic fee, with their roughly 30,000 enrollment, generates a cool additional $14.4 Million a year for their athletic department.

7. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    thanks---Did Maggard indicate to you that we could not be successful because of our budget? Did CMD indicate we could not be successful because of our budget? Why is everyone using our budget as a reason we cannot be successful if Maggard and CMD have not used that as an excuse?

If they feel they cannot succeed with the budget they have, they need to resign now.

We lost to a team that has a much lower budget than ours.

Budget has nothing to do with this.

The accountability to produce results is on Maggard and CMD.
    You are asking for a quote (that if you polled 1000 executives) you would never get.

8. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Even when only 400 students attend games ?
    If zero students attended games.

Athletics is the difference between "I've never heard of this school, goodbye" and "You're hired."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don't think we did that. I believe the budget set was $750,000 and the target was CMD because with him, you get a lot more intangibles that you would not get with any other candidate at that salary.

It's kind of a chicken and egg thing at this point. I believe they had a budget and that they believed that the best candidate they could find with that budget was right here and they suceedded.
    This is how I kinda think things went down as well. If they supposedly had/ could come up with 3 mil to keep Napier, they couldn't have hired someone with a far better resume? After seeing what Billy did here, you don't think the top coordinators weren't salivating at the opportunity to come here for their first coaching gig. On top of that, the hard work was already done. Nothing coming out of the mouths of this administration, or some of its outside mouthpieces, makes any sense. Something stinks. We can all smell the dead body, but we just can't locate it.

hate to say this but yall make some valid points

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    thats not up to us. its up to the state and the student body. they both already said no
    what covers this is getting people to your games. separating rcaf to a private entity. hiring competent fund raisers. giving people a reason to join. getting students involved with private donations. early alumni groups with benefits for staying involved. going after the everyday joe with promotions. raising enrollment. developing the real estate around the fields. increasing student housing and having a lively on campus experience. alumni association getting off of their asses. rcaf board have some motivation other than how they get to their suite. getting the gameday and tailgating atmosphere right. or in other words admins doing their ____ing jobs
    This!

Your analysis, as usual, can't be further from the truth.

You do not get to set agenda's which are not yours, neither do they exist because you have said so.

This thread, with mounds of accurate and supplemental information is killing you, isn't?

Participate or sit on the side, but please don't try to taint with you regular BS.

Thanks

Vic
    "This thread, with mounds of accurate and supplemental information is killing you, isn't?"

Actually, no.

"I don't think we did that. I believe the budget set was $750,000 and the target was CMD because with him, you get a lot more intangibles that you would not get with any other candidate at that salary."

This is your response to me an another post.

You "think" and "believe." Not "I know."

Vic, you've setting up a strawman argument. I don't think your intent is to denigrate Mike, or even his hiring, but your basic argument is that we could only afford $750,000. I even recall you saying we couldn't afford $750,001.

I don't think this is the case.

This entire thread is your supposition you try to insist is fact.

When in fact, it appears to just be your opinion.

13. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    "This thread, with mounds of accurate and supplemental information is killing you, isn't?"

Actually, no.

"I don't think we did that. I believe the budget set was $750,000 and the target was CMD because with him, you get a lot more intangibles that you would not get with any other candidate at that salary."

This is your response to me an another post.

You "think" and "believe." Not "I know."

Vic, you've setting up a strawman argument. I don't think your intent is to denigrate Mike, or even his hiring, but your basic argument is that we could only afford $750,000. I even recall you saying we couldn't afford $750,001.

I don't think this is the case.

This entire thread is your supposition you try to insist is fact.

When in fact, it appears to just be your opinion.
    I have seen lots of things posted here but not one of them has refuted that fact in any way.

It is what we paid, so to say there was more without evidence becomes nothing more than a red herring.

It is a hard burden to refute what in fact has been done.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Why penalize ALL students for athletics? Fee are half of the tuition.

15. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

I have seen lots of things posted here but not one of them has refuted that fact in any way.

It is what we paid, so to say there was more without evidence becomes nothing more than a red herring.

It is a hard burden to refute what in fact has been done.

SHOW ME THE MONEY
    Desormeaux was the target before Napier left, for whenever he left.

All the salary $ justification (then and now) is reverse engineering Desormeaux's true value.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information