Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

1. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

So in short, we're spending a million more on salaries than Napier got for his initial staff and expenditures.

The "budget hire" narrative needs to be put to bed now.

2. Support

So, where is the money tree we are using to write these checks?

SHOW ME THE MONEY

If we are already broke and we spend more than we did before, where do we get the money to pay for it?

It's not hard. Napier gave us on the field performance, but sucked in revenue areas - RCAF and Season Tickets.

We kept increasing the amount we spent but there had been no corresponding increase in revenue. Where did the money come from?

3. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If we are already broke and we spend more than we did before, where do we get the money to pay for it?

It's not hard. Napier gave us on the field performance, but sucked in revenue areas - RCAF and Season Tickets.

We kept increasing the amount we spent but there had been no corresponding increase in revenue. Where did the money come from?
    Which narrative are we trying to debunk here? Because B just debunked the "budget hire" BS with actual numbers.

We lost our asses during covid, decrease in enrollment, defunding RCAF staff and refusing State funds We also had a banner RCAF FY last year (from large donors) and the majority of salaries are supplemented by the general fund. (And yes, that means the general fund is paying Bob's salary too, FYI. Meaning those of you that give to RCAF but oppose the retaining of Marlin are actually paying to keep him employed lol). That's how we're paying the coaches, if that is what you're asking.

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

General fund supports the salary of all the coaches. Give to the support group of one sport if you have a favorite program and don’t want to support any other.

5. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

15 pages and not one poster has answered where all this money is coming from?

SHOW ME WHERE THE MONEY IS COMIMG FROM

6. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

15 pages and not one poster has answered where all this money is coming from?

SHOW ME WHERE THE MONEY IS COMIMG FROM
    Do you know?

7. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Do you know?
    Have no clue and have been watching in a perplexed state about it for four years.

Where in the hell has all the money Dr. M has found and spent come from?

8. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Have no clue and have been watching in a perplexed state about it for four years.

Authement has money stashed all over the place.

David Walker literally found a million bucks. It was newsworthy.

Since RCAF and Athletics are about as transparent as the Bayou Techeit all makes sense.

I think Vic raises a good question. I’ve been asking this for a while. I see the legislative auditors reports for the past few years and it raises questions. I bring it up and someone says “yea, it’s more complicated with that” or something.

July 2020 to June 2021: $863,391 loss
    https://app.lla.state.la.us/publicre.ement&.7773098

July 2019 to June 2020: $5,980,700 loss

July 2018 to June 2019: $4,559,770 loss

In each year we have ~$16 million in “direct institutional support.” That’s the answer. Now you gotta find a definition for that i suppose

Nice job with the research Vic

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I think Vic raises a good question. I’ve been asking this for a while. I see the legislative auditors reports for the past few years and it raises questions. I bring it up and someone says “yea, it’s more complicated with that” or something.

July 2020 to June 2021: $863,391 loss

July 2019 to June 2020: $5,980,700 loss

July 2018 to June 2019: $4,559,770 loss

In each year we have ~$16 million in “direct institutional support.” That’s the answer. Now you gotta find a definition for that i suppose
    Yet more great research.

13. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Spirited debate about money trees is no longer allowed here.

Something just does not add up and apparently we will never get to the bottom of it.

Is there any wonder why expenses remain greater than funds here . . . It appears to be a self inflicted matter . . .

14. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Spirited debate about money trees is no longer allowed here.

Something just does not add up and apparently we will never get to the bottom of it.

Is there any wonder why expenses remain greater than funds here . . . It appears to be a self inflicted matter . . .
    There was not one post about a money tree or money trees in the affected posts. In fact not a si gle post about finances.

Only posts related to you getting misty eyed were affected.

15. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There was not one post about a money tree or money trees in the affected posts. In fact not a si gle post about finances.

Only posts related to you getting misty eyed were affected.
    One person”s trash is another person’s treasure. That does not change based upon your whim, or I guess it does.

Get funds over expenses, it is within your control . . .

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information