Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, without this explanation, the initial post you made about this issue with all the numbers is misleading at best.
    You are a clown.

2. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    You are a clown.
    Personal attacks usually come in when?

When one has been had . . .

We've reached the point in the discussion where Cav-Vic is so backed into a corner that he starts denying basic reality and then tells everyone else that he won. Good night. I'm out.

4. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We've reached the point in the discussion where Cav-Vic is so backed into a corner that he starts denying basic reality and then tells everyone else that he won. Good night. I'm out.
    Yea right . . . I will keep this one handy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    JMU must have had at least a $60M athletic budget. No more student athletic fees means JMU loses $47M of that amount. How are they going to make that up?
    They didn't get rid of them. The students and some legislators want those fees reduced and capped to never allow an increase in student athletic fees again. There are some that want the fees eliminated completely, that will never happen.

6. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

So, have we spent enough to win for Homecoming this week . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    1. Coached under CBN for CBN’s entire tenure as a head coach. No other candidate can have this.

2. If CMD is successful here as the HC and earns the right to stay, this will not be a stepping stone job. No other candidate had this.

3. CMD is extremely intelligent and has been at Louisiana during the entire time the cULture has been created.

4. CMD knows and has recruited most of the existing personnel. No other candidate could have this.

5. CMD is intimately familiar with our conference opponents.

6. CMD has been a Cajun from head to toe his entire life. No other candidate could have this.

7. He was willing to come here for the budgeted amount. No better candidates that people here would be comfortable with would come for that amount.

8. CMD is intimately familiar with the Louisiana recruiting area and it’s high school coaches.

And on and on . . .
    Bookmarked

Hud and Napier, both at their peak, were larger than any coach the administration had dealt with. One reason RCAF will never have autonomy, Fossil, Jr doesn’t want anyone else to have an iota of say. I’ve been in his corner since day 1, but watching this FB season, lack of follow thru on Alden and name game, I’m disgusted. It’s RCC 2.0.

Was/is money an issue? Yes. But it’s also an excuse.

9. Default Re: Is UL Athletics Broke?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Hud and Napier, both at their peak, were larger than any coach the administration had dealt with. One reason RCAF will never have autonomy, Fossil, Jr doesn’t want anyone else to have an iota of say. I’ve been in his corner since day 1, but watching this FB season, lack of follow thru on Alden and name game, I’m disgusted. It’s RCC 2.0.

Two things can come out of one scenario . . .

Money wouldn’t be an issue if Maggard and co. actually cared about anyone donating less than 6 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Money wouldn’t be an issue if Maggard and co. actually cared about anyone donating less than 6 figures.
    Go listen to Scott’s Maggard interview. Second half, listen closely, there’s brief interesting phrasing. Not pinpointing it simply where I might be hearing something wrong.

Go listen to Scott’s Maggard interview. Second half, listen closely, there’s brief interesting phrasing. Not pinpointing it simply where I might be hearing something wrong.
    Link and paraphrase?

Edit: I say this because after getting the runaround on my Covid refund, I stopped my 2 parking passes, 5 season tickets and 4-figure rcaf donation only to be told thank you and hear the phone click. They hung up before I did!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Link and paraphrase?

Edit: I say this because after getting the runaround on my Covid refund, I stopped my 2 parking passes, 5 season tickets and 4-figure rcaf donation only to be told thank you and hear the phone click. They hung up before I did!
    https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...gard-(9-30-22)

My friend just got back to me with his public records request. The HC contacts (which contain allowances) are:

Desormeaux’s January 1, 2022 Contract
    - Desormeaux Salary: $755,000
    - Assistant Coaches: $2,500,000
    - Chief of Staff and Support Staff: $450,000
    - Strength and Conditioning: $500,000
    - Quality Control Staff: $175,000
    - Academics: $80,000
    TOTAL: $4,460,000
    TOTAL without HC: $3,705,000

Napier’s July 1, 2021 Contract
    - Napier Salary: $2,000,000
    - Assistant Coaches: $2,500,000
    - Chief of Staff and Support Staff: $510,000
    - Strength and Conditioning: $485,000
    - Quality Control Staff: $225,000
    - Academics: $50,000
    TOTAL: $5,770,000
    TOTAL without HC: $3,770,000

Napier’s August 22, 2019 Contract
    - Napier Salary: $750,000
    - Assistant Coaches: $2,000,000
    - Chief of Staff and Support Staff: $320,000
    - Strength and Conditioning: $385,000
    - Quality Control Staff: $165,000
    - Academics: unknown
    TOTAL: $3,620,000
    TOTAL without HC: $2,870,000

Also, for a fun comparison, Napier is making $7.1 million this year and has a $7.5 million pool for coaches and staff.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information