Thread: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Sept. 26, 2022

1. Ragin' Cajuns Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Sept. 26, 2022

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Sept. 26, 2022

Maybe it’s just me. I love listening to Dez talk. He obviously knows his stuff. It’s not all coach speak. I can’t and never will stop rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me. I love listening to Dez talk. He obviously knows his stuff. It’s not all coach speak. I can’t and never will stop rooting for him.
    He deserves the opportunity to fix this program going forward. He's not Jerry Baldwin, or Ricky Bustle. Anyone that has known this man since he played in high school understands what type of competitor he is and what character he brings. Not all of this situation is his doing, but he now owns it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He deserves the opportunity to fix this program going forward. He's not Jerry Baldwin, or Ricky Bustle. Anyone that has known this man since he played in high school understands what type of competitor he is and what character he brings. Not all of this situation is his doing, but he now owns it.
    Is he getting the same support by the university to succeed that his predecessor was? Specifically, is he getting the same operating budget that Billy got?

Will he be a great HC one day? Time will tell. And if not then he will be replaced. If and when that happens I hope he’s retained in some way. I don’t know him personally. But he’s a good man, I believe a good coach. He’s also someone you want to follow into battle. He’s a born Cajun and a great face for our university.

Good luck to you coach Dez. Let start a new winning streak this weekend, and continue our home winning streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Is he getting the same support by the university to succeed that his predecessor was? Specifically, is he getting the same operating budget that Billy got?
    The budget is around $8M less after the losses under Covid for the entire athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The budget is around $8M less after the losses under Covid for the entire athletic program.
    How much of that is affecting Mike? Because I know of an overpaid basketball coach that could take a walk real quick like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

I like Mike. He came into this season short handed in so many ways. But I haven’t heard him complain. This may be a long season for us, but he is training our young guys the right way. We will see incremental improvements through this season and by next year we will be in the hunt. I think with a little patience now, we could have a good long run with this guy. And when he is on top, we won’t see him running off to Florida and leaving a mess behind.

Thread Information