Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

Default Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

I’m thankful we didn’t have anyone bail on UL this week. Four weeks and hit the portal, call it a redshirt year. Boise’s QB bailed.

2. Default Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Jay, The moderator resigned because he was being bombarded form both sides, not just the coach's wife. I recently joined the page, but I may "unjoin it" as it seems to have limited value. That said, it seems that the majority of the bashing the former mod received was from fans who were mad because he tried to keep the page somewhat civil. He should have not mentioned Mike's wife, specifically, but he also had been bashed publicly and privately for deleting messages from irate fans who went too far. I don't blame this guy from pulling out of that hell hole. He was taking crap from both sides. Since he owned the page, he could have just closed it. Maybe he should have.
    There is no financial investment on those Facebook pages., he should have just taken a Time-Out, put the page on vacation mode and come back later.

It wouldn't have cost him a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is no financial investment on those Facebook pages., he should have just taken a Time-Out, put the page on vacation mode and come back later.

It wouldn't have cost him a dime.
    I don't know the guy, but I do know he did not want the aggravation of moderating this page, so he turned it over to someone who wanted to do it. Makes sense to me. I understand how Facebook works.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yeah, everyone can go on social media and rip the head coach, call for him to be fired FOUR GAMES into his career and it's ok because it's just fans venting.

But let a loved one of the person being defiled jump in and she's the bad guy?

I don't disagree it's better to suffer in silence because you can't win an argument with folks like that.

But her First Amendment rights aren't any different from anyone elses.

And if this guy is stepping down because of a private message he received, well......

Criticize all you want to. But if you're going to be the lowest common denominator of Cajun Fans, there's going to be blowback from people with a lot more sense and patience.
    Who said anything about her not having a constitutional right? Can you do it and should you do it are 2 different things. That admin is on here by the way. Did you read her PM? No? Didn't think so. You're doing a lot of assuming here with little to no facts. That admin is a huge UL fan and supporter. To say he just left because of a PM is just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Who said anything about her not having a constitutional right? Can you do it and should you do it are 2 different things. That admin is on here by the way. Did you read her PM? No? Didn't think so. You're doing a lot of assuming here with little to no facts. That admin is a huge UL fan and supporter. To say he just left because of a PM is just ignorant.
    And some folks want us to give them the handle and names of the administration that are on this site. Not gonna get it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    And some folks want us to give them the handle and names of the administration that are on this site. Not gonna get it from me.
    Other than a concern a poster here might be in “the inner circle”, what would they do with that info? Double secret probation? Deny season tickets? Ban from games? Put it on one’s permanent record? Give people free UL gear? Threaten people? Thank people for their crazy passion? Eliminate future UL employment opportunities?

Just sounds so small time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Other than a concern a poster here might be in “the inner circle”, what would they do with that info? Double secret probation? Deny season tickets? Ban from games? Put it on one’s permanent record? Give people free UL gear? Threaten people? Thank people for their crazy passion? Eliminate future UL employment opportunities?

Just sounds so small time.
    Ask Turbine when the administration wanted him to rat and he didn't. He lost his credentials. I admire Turbine for standing strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Ask Turbine when the administration wanted him to rat and he didn't. He lost his credentials. I admire Turbine for standing strong.
    Admire Turbine and admins at other sites that stand their ground.

If the university wants a list of actual names, they should just start another UL Ragin Cajun football (or any sport) FB fan page, don’t censor and let it rip.

UL Golf Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

As someone who moderated you asshats for a few months, it’s a job. I don’t know turbine but I do respect his work

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Correct. I would not want the job of coaches wife. It has to be hard to watch people attack your loved one. If it were my spouse I could not be a civil as Mrs. Des. I commend her on that.
    Y’all acting like she’s the First Lady or something. It’s just a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    As someone who moderated you asshats for a few months, it’s a job. I don’t know turbine but I do respect his work
    I feel attacked!

Criticize all you want to. But if you're going to be the lowest common denominator of Cajun Fans, there's going to be blowback from people with a lot more sense and patience.
    Care to elaborate here? Probably not but I wanted to ask anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Care to elaborate here? Probably not but I wanted to ask anyway.
    What ____ was telling people is that if you want to keep it real and call a spade a spade, you will be censored by the mob.

Yeah, everyone can go on social media and rip the head coach, call for him to be fired FOUR GAMES into his career and it's ok because it's just fans venting.

But let a loved one of the person being defiled jump in and she's the bad guy?

I don't disagree it's better to suffer in silence because you can't win an argument with folks like that.

But her First Amendment rights aren't any different from anyone elses.

And if this guy is stepping down because of a private message he received, well......

She's definitely not the bad guy but she should know better than to engage with the bad guys. There's no way to win that battle. She could be 100% right and she'd still lose that battle.

15. Default Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

Yeah, everyone can go on social media and rip the head coach, call for him to be fired FOUR GAMES into his career....
    The only question I have is the use of "everyone."

I bet it feels that way but on RP I'm only aware of 2 that walked that plank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information