Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

Default Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    She didn't go off on Facebook. All she did was send the admin of the group a message and left the group. Of course, people are going to frame it like she's attacking fans with public posts.
    I understand supporting your spouse. But UL doesn’t need ANOTHER spouse becoming a sidebar to feed disgruntled fans.

Winning fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    She didn't go off on Facebook. All she did was send the admin of the group a message and left the group. Of course, people are going to frame it like she's attacking fans with public posts.
    Yeah, everyone can go on social media and rip the head coach, call for him to be fired FOUR GAMES into his career and it's ok because it's just fans venting.

But let a loved one of the person being defiled jump in and she's the bad guy?

I don't disagree it's better to suffer in silence because you can't win an argument with folks like that.

But her First Amendment rights aren't any different from anyone elses.

And if this guy is stepping down because of a private message he received, well......

Criticize all you want to. But if you're going to be the lowest common denominator of Cajun Fans, there's going to be blowback from people with a lot more sense and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yeah, everyone can go on social media and rip the head coach, call for him to be fired FOUR GAMES into his career and it's ok because it's just fans venting.

I don't disagree it's better to suffer in silence because you can't win an argument with folks like that.

And if this guy is stepping down because of a private message he received, well......

Criticize all you want to. But if you're going to be the lowest common denominator of Cajun Fans, there's going to be blowback from people with a lot more sense and patience.
    the guy that ran that page is a microcosm of whats wrong with our fan base. bow down and worship or get banished. having said that my daughter knows lindsey d very well. salt of the earth. i can not imagine what shes feeling right now. its a tough place to be. dumbass fans shouldnt be calling for firings but like mike says its part of the gig

These natives aren’t being very Live Laugh Love with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    the guy that ran that page is a microcosm of whats wrong with our fan base. bow down and worship or get banished. having said that my daughter knows lindsey d very well. salt of the earth. i can not imagine what shes feeling right now. its a tough place to be. dumbass fans shouldnt be calling for firings but like mike says its part of the gig
    Children and wives should be off limits. Im sure Billy's wife is probably in a bunker are last weekend.

Who wants to explain to his wife that with a $750,000 salary in Lafayette, LA, comes $750,000 problems. This ain't 1A LHSAA private school ball sweetheart...

Wives and children should be off-limits, but CMD is a big boy and the heat is part of the job.

Correct. I would not want the job of coaches wife. It has to be hard to watch people attack your loved one. If it were my spouse I could not be a civil as Mrs. Des. I commend her on that.

If wives are upset about what is being said about coaches here, they would be shocked to learn what happens at schools like Texas, LSU, A&M, etc.

We’re talking nasty stuff. Death threats amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    If wives are upset about what is being said about coaches here, they would be shocked to learn what happens at schools like Texas, LSU, A&M, etc.

We’re talking nasty stuff. Death threats amongst other things.
    And that's a major thing wrong with fans at all levels.

Jay, The moderator resigned because he was being bombarded form both sides, not just the coach's wife. I recently joined the page, but I may "unjoin it" as it seems to have limited value. That said, it seems that the majority of the bashing the former mod received was from fans who were mad because he tried to keep the page somewhat civil. He should have not mentioned Mike's wife, specifically, but he also had been bashed publicly and privately for deleting messages from irate fans who went too far. I don't blame this guy from pulling out of that hell hole. He was taking crap from both sides. Since he owned the page, he could have just closed it. Maybe he should have.

Makes sense, Fish. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    These natives aren’t being very Live Laugh Love with one another.
    Thats a River Ranch thing.. no?

Thank God my wife and I don't do Facebook or any social media!

It is, and will always be, a very good idea for players, coaches, and their family members to avoid message boards and social media sites dedicated to their teams.

But that’s not the way the world works anymore. Every asshat has a voice and way too large of an audience

15. Default Re: WELL, THIS ISNT GOOD

I see you use "asshat" . . . is that one who wears their hat ass backwards?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information