Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Default Moment Of Truth For CMD

Anyone with a pulse that I have talked to, read, or listened to would say you don’t pull a QB after he just led your team to 2 consecutive scoring drives on the opening 2 possessions. No one in America thinks that was a good idea and hopefully by now coach Des realizes the mistake he made. I don’t care what the game plan was going in at that point you scrap it and say hey Ben we just scored twice we gonna stick with Chandler. It’s what is best for the team.

Going forward the moment of truth will be told in how he handles this situation. Is CMD about what is best for his team in how he handles the QBs? Or is CMD all about not hurting Ben’s feelings on how he handles the QBs? There is no way in hell that he can be honest with himself today and say that pulling chandler on the 3rd series of Saturday’s football game was the best thing for his football team. You can’t have it both ways either you do what’s best for the team or you worry about hurting feelings. Curious to see which way he goes?

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

I totally agree on the Quarterback sentiments. The offense has some flow and rhythm at times. Changing QBs doesn't help maintain that. I know both guys have okay numbers, but look at the tape. No consistency in 4 games. Pick a dude, don't care who it is and stick with him. If you're worried about hurting feelings, or a guy transferring then get tougher. This is bigger than one guy.

Turnovers, botched snaps, poor offensive line play, giving up huge plays, that has something to do with all this too. Quarterbacks can't do anything about that.

The challenge now is that you start playing teams that you'll no longer be favored against. SOAL is a 7 point favorite on the road for our Homecoming. Talk about a moment of truth coming up. Thigs can get worse quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I totally agree on the Quarterback sentiments. The offense has some flow and rhythm at times. Changing QBs doesn't help maintain that. I know both guys have okay numbers, but look at the tape. No consistency in 4 games. Pick a dude, don't care who it is and stick with him. If you're worried about hurting feelings, or a guy transferring then get tougher. This is bigger than one guy.

Turnovers, botched snaps, poor offensive line play, giving up huge plays, that has something to do with all this too. Quarterbacks can't do anything about that.

The challenge now is that you start playing teams that you'll no longer be favored against. SOAL is a 7 point favorite on the road for our Homecoming. Talk about a moment of truth coming up. Thigs can get worse quickly.
    Not to worry, Learfield & KPEL have to old pom poms out & shaking them. And Coach Des has determined that he is going to continue with the two QB system until further notice.

You are correct. Even with that bone headed move if MJ just catches the deep ball that hits him in the belly we probably make it 24-7 there and put them away. Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You are correct. Even with that bone headed move if MJ just catches the deep ball that hits him in the belly we probably make it 24-7 there and put them away. Focus.
    I think the most important thing for Des is overcoming adversity. I think there is a learning curve here.

At this moment in time like this I am sure he is feeling the affects of losing to Rice and ULM. I hate to say it but I gotta use a Rocky quote. It’s Sink or Swim at this moment. It’s time for self reflecting and coming up with ways to be a better coach
    Name:  70FC8103-08A6-42D8-A662-9F9E1B40227C.jpeg
Views: 722
Size:  47.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That catch would have been a game changer. With that said he is an excellent receiver and will make that catch 9 of 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

I'm really surprised it's only 7 points.

Thinking about it yesterday, Dez just needs to focus on being the HC .. He is not ready to be that and OC. Tim and Munoz are more than capable. If we see the same thing in the next two games, well he deserves the blowback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I think the most important thing for Des is overcoming adversity. I think there is a learning curve here.

At this moment in time like this I am sure he is feeling the affects of losing to Rice and ULM. I hate to say it but I gotta use a Rocky quote. It’s Sink or Swim at this moment. It’s time for self reflecting and coming up with ways to be a better coach
    Name:  70FC8103-08A6-42D8-A662-9F9E1B40227C.jpeg
Views: 722
Size:  47.2 KB
    You realize Rocky was a fictitious character?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Thinking about it yesterday, Dez just needs to focus on being the HC .. He is not ready to be that and OC. Tim and Munoz are more than capable. If we see the same thing in the next two games, well he deserves the blowback.
    Wasn't Nelson doing both until he brought in Cook in 93?

Unless this team does a 180°
    We are gonna get skull drug.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree, he should let Tim take full control of the offense.

Tim, Munoz, and Viator to assist with the offense. Is he really going to micromanage this with all of their combined experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You realize Rocky was a fictitious character?
    Thankyou I know

The QB position did not lose the game against Mondoe. That position was good enough to win Saturday night. Now, neither played well against Rice. Idk if one QB or the other would of actually won that game.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information