Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I will give you ULM, but Rice has a really good staff and the had Houston beat Saturday until the last few minutes of the game. But didn't Billy lose to Coastal Carolina his first season at Cajun Field before they had transitioned to 85 scholarships?
    Now we're comparing Coastal to ULM? I can see we are all in for a long long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Now we're comparing Coastal to ULM? I can see we are all in for a long long season.
    They were 3-9 in 2017 and finished 5-7 in 2018 when they beat us and 5-7 in 2019…they weren’t good, that was a “bad loss” at the time. ULM had a better record during the same time frame.

3. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Coastal Carolina brought a 3-7 win record from 2017 into 2018.

If not for their win over Napier they would have finished 2018 with 4 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    It's been only one fall camp and 4 games. You won't see a huge improvement this quick. We lost 10 seniors, 7 of those were starters at key positions. We also lost juniors Max Mitchell and Percy Putler to the NFL Draft.

Now let's add the transfer portal players.
    Kamryn Waites (Florida)
    O'Cyrus Torrence (Florida)
    Montrell Johnson (Florida)
    Emani Bailey (TCU)
    Mekhi Williams-Garner (LSU)
    Kyren Lacy (LSU)
    Lorenzo McCaskill (Kansas)

What's that, 14 key players gone from last years roster? I'm being realistic here, even Napier would be in this same position this season. Even staying in dorms for fall camp wouldn't help much after losing that many pieces. Give it time and you'll see the improvements.
    First of all with last years coaches in place with this same exact roster they’d be undefeated right now. And they would be a much more focused and disciplined football team right now that pays attention to the small details.

Even with all those defections it is obvious talent and athletic ability is not the issue with this team. This team has the talent to compete with any one in the sun belt. This teams issues started in January as I personally had conversations with multiple player after spring ball that told me how much easier and laid back Des was than Napier. Then you fast forward to fall camp, you can’t let a bunch of 18 to 21 year olds police themselves at night during the most important time of the year. They are college students they gonna drink maybe smoke a little pot with their girls in and out all night. I’ll just say there is a reason so many other coaches do it the way Napier did it. To much to risk without 100% focus. Every change Des made from January to camp removed structure and discipline witch lead to focus and focusing on the little things and paying attention to details and it shows. You can not be a head coach with an assistants mentality. Heck we have a coach that doesn’t have the balls to name a starting QB and run with him because he doesn’t want to hurt the other guys feelings. There is no other logical explanation for doing what he’s doing.

I just watched So Al first half from last week. They are in no way more athletic than us except for maybe at center. Go watch their O line how every one moves together and gets out on the edge on the outside run. Then go watch our o line and see how out of sync it looks. Coaching.

5. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    First of all with last years coaches in place with this same exact roster they’d be undefeated right now. And they would be a much more focused and disciplined football team right now that pays attention to the small details.

Even with all those defections it is obvious talent and athletic ability is not the issue with this team. This team has the talent to compete with any one in the sun belt. This teams issues started in January as I personally had conversations with multiple player after spring ball that told me how much easier and laid back Des was than Napier. Then you fast forward to fall camp, you can’t let a bunch of 18 to 21 year olds police themselves at night during the most important time of the year. They are college students they gonna drink maybe smoke a little pot with their girls in and out all night. I’ll just say there is a reason so many other coaches do it the way Napier did it. To much to risk without 100% focus. Every change Des made from January to camp removed structure and discipline witch lead to focus and focusing on the little things and paying attention to details and it shows. You can not be a head coach with an assistants mentality. Heck we have a coach that doesn’t have the balls to name a starting QB and run with him because he doesn’t want to hurt the other guys feelings. There is no other logical explanation for doing what he’s doing.

I just watched So Al first half from last week. They are in no way more athletic than us except for maybe at center. Go watch their O line how every one moves together and gets out on the edge on the outside run. Then go watch our o line and see how out of sync it looks. Coaching.
    This team is 1 play away from being 3-1 and a few more plays away from being 4-0

Let THIS coach get his Swamp Legs.

No, we are comparing an FCS program with 70 athletes on scholarship transitioning to FBS football to ULM. Context matters, but maybe you missed that.

I really wish people would quit doing this as a defense for Mike. Because when you say we are this far down, you are saying it's not because he's made mistakes as a young strategist. You are really saying he doesn't recruit worth a crap. Either way, it's not a good reflection on him.
    Nothing we say will make you happy. This is the reality

Were you a football player at UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This team is 1 play away from being 3-1 and a few more plays away from being 4-0

Let THIS coach get his Swamp Legs.
    I agree with that 100%. I honestly think if we don’t get that one bogus call at rice when Lumpkin pancaked his guy we take the lead and momentum. But I would also say there were several more plays in both of those games that were there for the taking but were not made. Focus, discipline attention to detail and you make most of them and win. It starts in January it is a process. You can’t cheat on any steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Were you a football player at UL?

Yes.

Yes.
    One of the better players.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    One of the better players.
    Only in my own mind. Never cracked a starting role. Injuries led to an early retirement.

Only in my own mind. Never cracked a starting role. Injuries led to an early retirement.
    Yep and Yep.

14. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your mind other than on occasion it does not see eye to eye with mine.

This. I been saying the same thing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information