Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

1. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Yes and those coaches and young people look at the coach and who he worked for and what he did and where he’s been prior to coming here. That made Napier very attractive to some one from the outside. Unfortunately our coach doesn’t have a very big resume from that stand point. If our coach hired a coordinator with play calling experience the coordinator would have a better resume than the does.
    Our coach worked under the hottest P5 prospect for that P5's entire tenure as a head coach and had the stamp of approval from the hottest P5 prospect to be our next head coach.

You can't crown Napier king in one moment then relegate him to pawn in the next.

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Yes and those coaches and young people look at the coach and who he worked for and what he did and where he’s been prior to coming here. That made Napier very attractive to some one from the outside. Unfortunately our coach doesn’t have a very big resume from that stand point. If our coach hired a coordinator with play calling experience the coordinator would have a better resume than the does.
    You don't like Des, we get it. You've posted the same things under multiple names on different social media sites. How about you actually give him & his staff a chance to coach before calling to fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Our coach worked under the hottest P5 prospect for that P5's entire tenure as a head coach and had the stamp of approval from the hottest P5 prospect to be our next head coach.

You can't crown Napier king in one moment then relegate him to pawn in the next.
    Exactly what I'm getting at! People are posting nonsense due to emotions clouding their judgement. Not many look at facts before posting.

4. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    You don't like Des, we get it. You've posted the same things under multiple names on different social media sites. How about you actually give him & his staff a chance to coach before calling to fire him.
    Because that one guy opened the gate on the "Fire Des" concept and all of those laying in wait immediately jumped on the band wagon. It just took the first one to get the calvary rolling.

I'm pointing out that the "connections" argument people are using to say Des isn't qualified to be a head coach is nonsense. Look at Matt Powledge, who Napier hired in 2018. Was that a Saban connection? No, it was a Leger connection. People are looking for any reason to down Des & the current staff (many where hired by Napier) instead of looking at the big picture.
    You aren’t going to talk many people into thinking a guy who never left his alma matter (outside of to coach high school) was qualified to get this job. The flip side of that is that no matter how loud the few may be, the people saying he doesn’t deserve his fair shot now that he has the job are just that…few. ON PAPER this hire doesn’t make sense. Legacies aren’t made on paper. CMD will make his own legacy.

6. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You aren’t going to talk many people into thinking a guy who never left his alma matter (outside of to coach high school) was qualified to get this job. The flip side of that is that no matter how loud the few may be, the people saying he doesn’t deserve his fair shot now that he has the job are just that…few. ON PAPER this hire doesn’t make sense. Legacies aren’t made on paper. CMD will make his own legacy.
    How nice that only you get to make the analysis on how and why CMD got this job and whether he is or was qualified for the job.

There are many more factors than you want to consider in the final decision process. Many of them have been discussed and vetted over the past couple of days.

Whether or not you believe these to be relevant or important is really of no moment. They were important to those that made the decision to hire CMD as the HC of Louisiana and that is all that matters.

Let us hope it is a good one.

Speaking of CMD’s biggest connection, how burnt is that bridge exactly?

That's understandable and I won't argue with your points. But for people to ignore what took place when Billy Napier walked out the door is also disingenuous. If you understand football and how the organization was built, there is no way anyone should have been suggesting 10 to 12 wins. That was one of the reasons he was hired was to try to keep some continuity in this program. Now that might prove to be the wrong decision but I'm not jumping to that conclusion after four games like many others. I've been around football for a long time and it's way too early to jump ship on Michael Desormeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That's understandable and I won't argue with your points. But for people to ignore what took place when Billy Napier walked out the door is also disingenuous. If you understand football and how the organization was built, there is no way anyone should have been suggesting 10 to 12 wins. That was one of the reasons he was hired was to try to keep some continuity in this program. Now that might prove to be the wrong decision but I'm not jumping to that conclusion after four games like many others. I've been around football for a long time and it's way too early to jump ship on Michael Desormeaux.
    Jumping ship ain’t happening. I’m in my seats for the long haul. CMD or no CMD. B Mag or no B Mag. 0-12 or 14-0.

I don’t and didn’t expect 10 to 12 wins from this team. I expect to win games we should win. We go out and lose a competitive game to South this weekend, that’s very understandable. What happened this past Saturday is not. Granted as great as CBN was, he was lotto winner luck away from holding some of the same inexplicable losses as CMD.

11. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Napier slowly built himself into the being the hottest prospect. A position he only held starting in 2020, 2021.

He wasn't even the hottest prospect in the state of Arizona after the 2017 season.

If you can show me one place that I suggested he be fired I will never post again. I love des I think he is a great assistant and recruiter. I didn’t think he was ready for this job when he got it and he has done nothing since to change my mind. I hope he does change my mind and proves me wrong and shows me that this isn’t to big for him. I hope he becomes the winningest coach ever here the so far it’s not looking that way. And I am not just talking about 4 games, everything he’s done since day one screams assistant coach and not head material.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I didn't think UL would win ten games. But I did think they would win 7-9 games & still be very competitive. Of the 7-9 I had them winning, the last two were games I had in the win column. My biggest concern now is that we don't end up going from 1st to worst in the SBC right now. If this occurs, I don't think Mike will ever be able to climb his way out. That may sound terrible, but we just lost a game to the team that should be pushing for conference door mat of the league after having the longest winning streak in the country.

I'm pulling for Mike. I want him to be successful. But it's gonna get down right ugly if this team doesn't start playing with a sense of accountability. And too me, that sense of accountability goes back to the start of fall ball.

Jumping ship ain’t happening. I’m in my seats for the long haul. CMD or no CMD. B Mag or no B Mag. 0-12 or 14-0.

I don’t and didn’t expect 10 to 12 wins from this team. I expect to win games we should win. We go out and lose a competitive game to South this weekend, that’s very understandable. What happened this past Saturday is not. Granted as great as CBN was, he was lotto winner luck away from holding some of the same inexplicable losses as CMD.
    I didn't say you suggested, I did say as some suggested. Who "they'' are is not important to me other than to make the point that he was behind the eight ball from day one and people chose to ignore that because of Billy Napier's last season.

I would rather go and get a coordinator like our previous coach who’s is not working for a prospect at the p 5 level but for a proven commodity at the P5 level. And so what if he “worked” for the hottest prospect he didn’t think highly enough of him to let him call plays as co-coordinator. All I am saying is we could have found some one with lots more experience at calling a game, managing a game, and running a program that would have jumped at this job. I already mentioned one earlier who has probably forgotten more about coordinating an offensive football team than mike knows at this point.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information