Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And we all know how that worked out. Nice recollection there CM. You were a youngster back then.
    Somebody knows how to flatter a kid when he's having a second Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I know he took some people and I think Cajun T had posted a list of names of those that went with him after his hire a while back. And that goes to the point of Coach Des lacking the coaching contacts to refill a staff to replace those that left because we know the salary pool was there to support those staff and they also mentioned that the pool was going to remain so if we don't replacements its not because the school couldn't afford to do so.
    People keep bringing up coaching contacts but don't know the reality. Napier didn't have many contacts before getting here. Let's look at his top coaches that were connected from previous spots.

Rob Sale - On staff together at Arizona State (2017) & Alabama (2011)
    Mark Hocke - On staff together at Alabama (2011, 2013, 2014)

Ron Roberts is the one who brought in Patrick Toney who was on his Southeastern staff from 2012-2014. Neither has previous Napier connection.

Everyone knows Juluke was on staff to recruit New Orleans but no previous Napier connection.

Burris, Norrid, & Scott were brought on by Napier. Bergeron & Giuliani were also brought up by Napier from GAs to various roles.

So, if Napier's staff was all-world last year, why do some of you think differently of them now that Des is the head coach?

Was there a reason Napier brought in 9 transfers in 2021? Let's look at what we lost on the roster at key positions and keep the big picture in focus.

“Napier didn’t have many contacts before getting here.”

Now I’ve heard it all.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    “Napier didn’t have many contacts before getting here.”

Now I’ve heard it all.
    How many of the contacts did he hire?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    He had the #1 contact of all which is Saban. That #1 contact creates contacts that you can't directly connect to any of Napier's previous jobs. JMO.

6. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    He had the #1 contact of all which is Saban. That #1 contact creates contacts that you can't directly connect to any of Napier's previous jobs. JMO.
    How many of his hires were Sabin's contacts?

He had enough contacts to have the two biggest names in college football give him glowing recommendations when he took this job. If you can’t see how that would have an impact on coaches wanting to join him, all the more power to you.

He had enough contacts to have the two biggest names in college football give him glowing recommendations when he took this job. If you can’t see how that would have an impact on coaches wanting to join him, all the more power to you.
    Go look at the coaches and try to find that connection. Only 2 were from Alabama. Many of the coaches & analysts Napier hired are young guys looking to prove themselves, not rehires from old spots. Who you think was Napiers connection to bring in LaMar Morgan in 2019?

Go look at the coaches and try to find that connection. Only 2 were from Alabama. Many of the coaches & analysts Napier hired are young guys looking to prove themselves, not rehires from old spots. Who you think was Napiers connection to bring in LaMar Morgan in 2019?
    Dude if you honestly think Billy Napier didn’t have many coaching connections before getting here you have all the right in the world to think that. That’s not gonna change me thinking it’s one of the goofiest things I’ve heard.

Dude if you honestly think Billy Napier didn’t have many coaching connections before getting here you have all the right in the world to think that. That’s not gonna change me thinking it’s one of the goofiest things I’ve heard.
    Saban Tree. Period.

11. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Saban Tree. Period.
    It's the MONEY TREE and not the SABAN TREE that is giving us difficulties at this time.

Everyone wants to hitch their wagon to a guy who has a chance at a P5 job .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We are broke is the word.
    Is this your word as well?

Yes and those coaches and young people look at the coach and who he worked for and what he did and where he’s been prior to coming here. That made Napier very attractive to some one from the outside. Unfortunately our coach doesn’t have a very big resume from that stand point. If our coach hired a coordinator with play calling experience the coordinator would have a better resume than he does.

You know who is a hell of a play caller, with lots of experience coordinating offenses, and one of the best offensive minds in the game, with lots of connections in college football? Jay Johnson. Jay has worked under a defensive minded coach the last 2 years who is a saban disciple just like Billy. Not sure why I mentioned that just thought I’d throw that in.

I'm pointing out that the "connections" argument people are using to say Des isn't qualified to be a head coach is nonsense. Look at Matt Powledge, who Napier hired in 2018. Was that a Saban connection? No, it was a Leger connection. People are looking for any reason to down Des & the current staff (many where hired by Napier) instead of looking at the big picture.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information