Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I know Billy took a lot of offensive analyst/shadow staff that he had longtime relationships with. That's definitely a hit on the ability to analyze upcoming opponents and come up with a scheme on a weekly basis. Especially with guys who had been together for a good bit of time and were all on the same page.
    Does anyone know if these guys have been replaced & if Mike even wants that much of a staff? Does anyone even know the full role all of these people played including other coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    First, I think Dez should be the coach through next year, our AD made that bed, we will have to lie in it. This is what concerns me right now:

From week 1 to week 2 - No improvement
    From week 1 to week 3 - No improvement
    From week 1 to week 4 - No improvement

Regardless how many coaches or players you had to replace, you should see improvement if you are on the right track.
    Just my 2 cents!!

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I would disagree with that analysis some.

Week one - week two we did see improvement.
    Week two - week three was major digression.
    Week three - week four was even more digression.
    Some individual positions may have improved. But others digressed so much it overcame improvement at other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Does anyone know if these guys have been replaced & if Mike even wants that much of a staff? Does anyone even know the full role all of these people played including other coaches?
    We are broke is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Technically, understand. Let me rephrase. How many FBS programs hire a head coach with his starting point being the far left point of the bell curve?
    Gerry Faust and Notre Dame.

Not arguing on behalf of anybody, just offering the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So we can't afford to compete on the FBS level now?

So we can't afford to compete on the FBS level now?
    Maybe compete and not sure about winning consistently.

I have it on good authority that Napier had a staff member solely responsible for breaking down opponents offensive plays and trying to crack their signals.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If we’re broke, how do you suggest the university not only fire Coach Des (which means his staff as well) and pay remaining salary commitments, but higher a great coach to resume Napier’s success?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me say this, and it's something we've all heard. If you have 2 QB's, then you really don't have 1. The staff needs to find answers quick, but the other side of this is somewhere along the line a player has to step up, accept coaching and take ownership of their mental and physical effort. Some may disagree with me, but it's not being undisciplined when you drop TD passes, drop passes on critical 3rd downs, miss signals on snaps, don't call the right protections on run and pass downs and muff punts. These are mental mistakes and some are by upperclassmen. That's not coaching, it's called mowing your own damn grass and holding yourself accountable. Levy's departure has left a huge leadership vacuum in the locker room and on the sidelines, and neither QB can step in to that row right now because they haven't earned it.
    Everything you mentioned in the first paragraph is absolutely a direct reflection of coaching discipline, structure, concentration on the small things and paying attention to detail. Little things that start in January and go through camp lead to doing the little things right on the football field. It’s a long building process and what we are seeing going wrong on the field won’t get fixed from one game to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I have it on good authority that Napier had a staff member solely responsible for breaking down opponents offensive plays and trying to crack their signals.
    He also had someone researching the officials and their tendency.

I heard that also.

If we’re broke, how do you suggest the university not only fire Coach Des (which means his staff as well) and pay remaining salary commitments, but higher a great coach to resume Napier’s success?
    We always seem to find a way.

That’s normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I know Billy took a lot of offensive analyst/shadow staff that he had longtime relationships with. That's definitely a hit on the ability to analyze upcoming opponents and come up with a scheme on a weekly basis. Especially with guys who had been together for a good bit of time and were all on the same page.
    I know he took some people and I think Cajun T had posted a list of names of those that went with him after his hire a while back. And that goes to the point of Coach Des lacking the coaching contacts to refill a staff to replace those that left because we know the salary pool was there to support those staff and they also mentioned that the pool was going to remain so if we don't replacements its not because the school couldn't afford to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Gerry Faust and Notre Dame.

Not arguing on behalf of anybody, just offering the scenario.
    And we all know how that worked out. Nice recollection there CM. You were a youngster back then.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information