Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Unless this team does a 180°
    We are gonna get skull drug.
    That’s one thing I’m watching closely on Saturday. It’s been a long time since Cajun fans have seen our team taken to the woodshed by a conference opponent. 11 points was Billy’s greatest conference loss. Playing how we’ve played so far it’s tough to see us playing South much closer than LA Tech did.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Wasn't Nelson doing both until he brought in Cook in 93?
    So are you are saying there is a chance... to get Cook as OC?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Unless this team does a 180°
    We are gonna get skull drug.
    It would be nice if the CAJUNS look more competitive than the 'nechs did last week!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatSouthAl

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    It would be nice if the CAJUNS look more competitive than the 'nechs did last week!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatSouthAl
    We're going to win Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatSouthAl
    All that matter is that we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Anyone with a pulse that I have talked to, read, or listened to would say you don’t pull a QB after he just led your team to 2 consecutive scoring drives on the opening 2 possessions. No one in America thinks that was a good idea and hopefully by now coach Des realizes the mistake he made. I don’t care what the game plan was going in at that point you scrap it and say hey Ben we just scored twice we gonna stick with Chandler. It’s what is best for the team.

Going forward the moment of truth will be told in how he handles this situation. Is CMD about what is best for his team in how he handles the QBs? Or is CMD all about not hurting Ben’s feelings on how he handles the QBs? There is no way in hell that he can be honest with himself today and say that pulling chandler on the 3rd series of Saturday’s football game was the best thing for his football team. You can’t have it both ways either you do what’s best for the team or you worry about hurting feelings. Curious to see which way he goes?
    Let me say this, and it's something we've all heard. If you have 2 QB's, then you really don't have 1. The staff needs to find answers quick, but the other side of this is somewhere along the line a player has to step up, accept coaching and take ownership of their mental and physical effort. Some may disagree with me, but it's not being undisciplined when you drop TD passes, drop passes on critical 3rd downs, miss signals on snaps, don't call the right protections on run and pass downs and muff punts. These are mental mistakes and some are by upperclassmen. That's not coaching, it's called mowing your own damn grass and holding yourself accountable. Levy's departure has left a huge leadership vacuum in the locker room and on the sidelines, and neither QB can step in to that row right now because they haven't earned it.

We can talk about the decision to name Coach Desormeaux as head coach to the cows come home. Either way, it was probably going to be rebuild even with a new staff because Billy Napier gutted this program's football operations from top to bottom. The loss of quality talent because of NIL and Graduation cannot be easily replaced without game experience.

This staff needs to grow and make adjustments, that is part of the job. But I'm not jumping off the bandwagon after 2 losses. I'm going to give them time to fix what needs to be fixed, including support staff and players. A quick fix is not in the cards, and I'm not happy with their progress nor will I accept mediocre results.

I'm not here to argue with anyone's opinion or try to their change minds. If you have decided you are done, that's your prerogative. I will be there Saturday and the rest of the season. That doesn't mean some if you haven't made valid points, it's just way too early for me to abandon ship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me say this, and it's something we've all heard. If you have 2 QB's, then you really don't have 1. The staff needs to find answers quick, but the other side of this is somewhere along the line a player has to step up, accept coaching and take ownership of their mental and physical effort. Some may disagree with me, but it's not being undisciplined when you drop TD passes, drop passes on critical 3rd downs, miss signals on snaps, don't call the right protections on run and pass downs and muff punts. These are mental mistakes and some are by upperclassmen. That's not coaching, it's called mowing your own damn grass and holding yourself accountable. Levy's departure has left a huge leadership vacuum in the locker room and on the sidelines, and neither QB can step in to that row right now because they haven't earned it.

We can talk about the decision to name Coach Desormeaux as head coach to the cows come home. Either way, it was probably going to be rebuild even with a new staff because Billy Napier gutted this program's football operations from top to bottom. The loss of quality talent because of NIL and Graduation cannot be easily replaced without game experience.

This staff needs to grow and make adjustments, that is part of the job. But I'm not jumping off the bandwagon after 2 losses. I'm going to give them time to fix what needs to be fixed, including support staff and players. A quick fix is not in the cards, and I'm not happy with their progress nor will I accept mediocre results.

I'm not here to argue with anyone's opinion or try to their change minds. If you have decided you are done, that's your prerogative. I will be there Saturday and the rest of the season. That doesn't mean some if you haven't made valid points, it's just way too early for me to abandon ship.
    Coach Dez will be the HC here when next season begins regardless of how well or poor the rest of the season turns out. Pointless to even discuss the possibility of anything else occurring. Of course I understand everyone has a voice and an opinion. Reaction to losses are just venting and that helps some people deal with the disappointment. However that venting will have no impact on the situation. Coach Dez said in his interview this morning they work to have players "ignore the noise". That goes for when things are going well as when they go poorly. He asked fans in the interview to support the kids Saturday regardless of what they think of coaches or the play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Does anyone know how many assistants & analysts weren't replaced after Billy left? I'm having a hard time seeing where Billy gutted the program top to bottom. Three players isn't exactly gutting your program. We lost more guys to other programs than we lost to Florida.

9. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Does anyone know how many assistants & analysts weren't replaced after Billy left? I'm having a hard time seeing where Billy gutted the program top to bottom. Three players isn't exactly gutting your program. We lost more guys to other programs than we lost to Florida.
    So you believe we still have them if they did not go to Florida?

10. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you believe we still have them if they did not go to Florida?
    Is that what you read?

11. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is that what you read?
    8 out of 10 it takes too long to read his posts so there is that. When they are short, they mostly make no sense.

When evaluating what Des has to work with, why does it matter where the ones he does not have went? So figured I would ask.

12. Default Re: Moment Of Truth For CMD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    8 out of 10 it takes too long to read his posts so there is that. When they are short, they mostly make no sense.

When evaluating what Des has to work with, why does it matter where the ones he does not have went? So figured I would ask.
    It's good to keep track to prove over and over that the grass isn't always greener.

Good question on how many staff members have yet to be replaced. Billy definitely took a LOT of experience with him.
    As for players we lost around 18 or so guys with valuable experience. That’s a huge amount to replace all at once whether they graduated or moved on to other programs. I think a lot of us felt like we’ve progressed to the point where we simply reload. Myself included and we were being far too optimistic. This team still has a lot of growing to do, and quickly if we hope for reasonable success. Hoping they do and I’ll be watching from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Thinking about it yesterday, Dez just needs to focus on being the HC .. He is not ready to be that and OC. Tim and Munoz are more than capable. If we see the same thing in the next two games, well he deserves the blowback.
    Hard enough learning to be a HC without play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Good question on how many staff members have yet to be replaced. Billy definitely took a LOT of experience with him.
    As for players we lost around 18 or so guys with valuable experience. That’s a huge amount to replace all at once whether they graduated or moved on to other programs. I think a lot of us felt like we’ve progressed to the point where we simply reload. Myself included and we were being far too optimistic. This team still has a lot of growing to do, and quickly if we hope for reasonable success. Hoping they do and I’ll be watching from afar.
    I know Billy took a lot of offensive analyst/shadow staff that he had longtime relationships with. That's definitely a hit on the ability to analyze upcoming opponents and come up with a scheme on a weekly basis. Especially with guys who had been together for a good bit of time and were all on the same page.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information