Thread: Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

UL Football Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

We love to talk about that when it happens to other programs, but now it's UL's turn.

I've read about most everyone else on here wanting Des's head on a platter, but I think it's a bit early for that. First of all, the CAJUNS have at least 8 games left to play and anything can happen in each one. Secondly, I think Des and company need at least one more opportunity to recruit more talent for our program, concentrating heavily (no pun intended) on both offensive AND defensive linemen!!

2. Default Re: Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

Everyone is unhappy with the results. That’s not a bad thing. Some never believed a real search occurred. That’s their privilege, they may be right.

Nobody is going to fire CMD except for cause for at least two seasons, and maybe more if results improve overall. Not a time to panic

Default Re: Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

Man, I missed us bring mighty. We had two mighty good years. Mighty not so much. But I hear you. Fans are fanatics.

UL's issues were masked while Napier was here because thr football program was winning games and conference championships Even with great success, nobody went to those games.

Then you factor in the basketball teams being completely irrelevant, the baseball team not far behind and the softball team starting to slide into mediocrity as well.

This athletic program is in trouble

On paper, we may not be in trouble or broke.in reality, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    On paper, we may not be in trouble or broke.in reality, we are.
    Except that paper is TOILET paper!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    UL's issues were masked while Napier was here because thr football program was winning games and conference championships Even with great success, nobody went to those games.

Then you factor in the basketball teams being completely irrelevant, the baseball team not far behind and the softball team starting to slide into mediocrity as well.

This athletic program is in trouble
    Softball were conference champions and tournament champions, baseball were tournament champions, football won the conference in 2021.
    I would not call that in shambles at all.
    Get out of here.

8. Default Re: Boy, how the mighty have fallen.

University athletics is both always broke and never broke.

The only real variable is how much does the university want to allocate towards front porch marketing on behalf of academics.

Thread Information