Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Raid Now!

Default Re: Air Raid Now!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you can add specific packages for him like Jett Sweeps, WR screens and the occasion run from the pistol. Eventually I would like to see Zion get some reps because neither QB is much of a threat on the Zone Read Option for the defense to game plan. Outside of the Fields keeper that totally fooled the ULM defense, on scrambles neither QB could outrun LB or the Safety to first down markers on the sideline.
    This.

I think you can add specific packages for him like Jett Sweeps, WR screens and the occasion run from the pistol. Eventually I would like to see Zion get some reps because neither QB is much of a threat on the Zone Read Option for the defense to game plan. Outside of the Fields keeper that totally fooled the ULM defense, on scrambles neither QB could outrun LB or the Safety to first down markers on the sideline.
    I'd love to see a QB with the ability to make things happen when the pocket breaks down. Neither CF or BW has that ability and it's keeping us from moving the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'd love to see a QB with the ability to make things happen when the pocket breaks down. Neither CF or BW has that ability and it's keeping us from moving the chains.
    Last year we had that guy. Some people wanted him to stay in the pocket and go through progression blah, blah, blah.

I'd love to see a QB that can throw and be a threat in the passing game for a change.

With this offensive line, we would be better off running the Zone Read Option more and play action off of it as Desormeaux did while playing.

6. Default Re: Air Raid Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Last year we had that guy. Some people wanted him to stay in the pocket and go through progression blah, blah, blah.
    Last year many here wanted that guy benched for Fields . . .

With this offensive line, we would be better off running the Zone Read Option more and play action off of it as Desormeaux did while playing.
    Yes.

The back-up is always the best on the roster!

We’re seeing that’s not always the case here at UL, and with the Saints.

Everyone said Brees was done (his arm strength was definitely deteriorating - not denying that). But he threw for 24/6 with absolute junk at WR that year. I think he’d still be better than Jamies this year, with the current studs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Last year many here wanted that guy benched for Fields . . .
    Bullseye here.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Herring is very inaccurate. I doubt he ever sees any meaningful qb snaps.
    I haven't had the opportunity to watch him throw other than a handful of plays a couple of springs ago. Hunter had D1 offers to pitch so I suspect he can improve accuracy.

I can tell you this. Last year I had a family member who had many conversations with Billy on road trips in hotel lobbies and at breakfast. On more than one occasion when he spoke of the QBs behind Levi he said Hunter had a very bright future here and he had the most upside of the bunch. At that time Zeon and Lance were not here. But who is Billy to make that statement I am sure he is no where near the talent evaluator that JMV is. wink wink

12. Default Re: Air Raid Now!

Get him and all the other quarterbacks out of the "arms" weight room let them just throw passes till their arms fall off and watch their accuracy soar on GameDay.

Plenty of time to make their arms stronger in the offseason.

We also had an O-line last year. LL wasn't playing behind THIS o-line

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Get him and all the other quarterbacks out of the "arms" weight room let them just throw passes till their arms fall off and watch their accuracy soar on GameDay.

Don't you know anything? Curls always get the girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Big arms aren't from the weight room are definitely not Hunter's issue. He's a long wiry type that looks the part. He missed all of the off season with a sports hernia surgery had he not he would have no doubt been in the conversation along with Ben and chandler.

Having said that my daughter did see a certain starter getting his pump on at Reds on his day off yesterday and I would see him on Saturday's during the summer. He won the job in camp so he must have thrown some pretty accurate balls, even with all that weight lifting, to do that .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information