Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Raid Now!

Default Re: Air Raid Now!

Our o-line’s pass protection is far from perfect but is leaps and bounds above the run protection. Leaning on the passing game could help to get defenders out of the box and build some confidence playing to strengths for I’m sure a unit that is a little down at the moment.

CN’s point about identity is the biggest thing. Every time this year when our O seems to find a little bit of one we lean the opposite direction. Examples:
    1. Yesterday we’re spreading the ball around with Chandler marching the field. All of a sudden we bring Ben in and tighten up the offense.
    2. Rice game on the opposite end of the spectrum. We are finally having a sustained drive with runs. Not gashing them but 4 to 5 yard a pop. All of a sudden we throw to the end zone twice from 3rd and 1 and turn it over.

We’ve been spoiled by several years of NFL RBs on our roster. They’re not coming down that tunnel Saturday. We have to give our guys a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We’ve been spoiled by several years of NFL RBs on our roster.
    And lineman

South AL is giving up 83 yards a game rushing. Maybe we will try to air it out.

Dual threat QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Dual threat QB.
    You mean dual QBs threaten our game plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    You mean dual QBs threaten our game plan?
    No. Dual threat QBs can positively impact your run game, help move the chains, give your defense time to rest. We have 3 sitting the bench today. I seriously doubt we'll see this happen soon, but definitely if the Ls continue and O-line blocking doesn't improve significantly.

No. Dual threat QBs can positively impact your run game, help move the chains, give your defense time to rest. We have 3 sitting the bench today. I seriously doubt we'll see this happen soon, but definitely if the Ls continue and O-line blocking doesn't improve significantly.
    Chriss has to be the man next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Chriss has to be the man next year.
    That seems to be the consensus, but I'm also interested in seeing Hunter Herring develop. Of course, that's assuming LL2 remains at WR.

That seems to be the consensus, but I'm also interested in seeing Hunter Herring develop. Of course, that's assuming LL2 remains at WR.
    I just believe a dual threat guy gives the defense more problems and helps cover some weaknesses with Oline.

I had a conversation with someone very close to the program over the weekend and he said our most physically gifted QBs are 3, 4, and 5 on the depth chart. Just young and don’t know the play book. Don’t think LL2 will ever grasp it enough to be a full time QB. Would love to see a package for him.

I had a conversation with someone very close to the program over the weekend and he said our most physically gifted QBs are 3, 4, and 5 on the depth chart. Just young and don’t know the play book. Don’t think LL2 will ever grasp it enough to be a full time QB. Would love to see a package for him.
    I would too. I was at the QB club mtg last week and CMD talked about LL2, but only as a WR. He's probably the most gifted athlete on the team, CMDs words, so why not get him the ball more? I can't see just trying to play better with a similar game plan as the solution to win games now. I'd have a couple of rabbits to pull out of the hat this weekend.

I would too. I was at the QB club mtg last week and CMD talked about LL2, but only as a WR. He's probably the most gifted athlete on the team, CMDs words, so why not get him the ball more? I can't see just trying to play better with a similar game plan as the solution to win games now. I'd have a couple of rabbits to pull out of the hat this weekend.
    I think you can add specific packages for him like Jett Sweeps, WR screens and the occasion run from the pistol. Eventually I would like to see Zion get some reps because neither QB is much of a threat on the Zone Read Option for the defense to game plan. Outside of the Fields keeper that totally fooled the ULM defense, on scrambles neither QB could outrun LB or the Safety to first down markers on the sideline.

Herring is very inaccurate. I doubt he ever sees any meaningful qb snaps.

Closer to the program than the bird?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information