Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CMD Hire

1. Default CMD Hire

If one assumes that because of then existing financial constraints that the HC salary budget was maxed out at $750,000, please give your list of better candidates you believe might have been available and would have come. In this mix, that candidate would know the only way to grow would be for him to bring more fans into Cajun Field after seeing the fan reaction to the success in the previous two years. Let’s get it out there . . .

Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If one assumes that because of then existing financial constraints that the HC salary budget was maxed out at $750,000, please give your list of better candidates you believe might have been available and would have come. In this mix, that candidate would know the only way to grow would be for him to bring more fans into Cajun Field after seeing the fan reaction to the success in the previous two years. Let’s get it out there . . .
    I don't think many people here outside of you feel it was maxed out at $750,000 so.....

3. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think many people here outside of you feel it was maxed out at $750,000 so.....
    If one can’t accept reality, it’s all nothing but a dream. If so much money is available why are we allowing all of these positions to go unfilled? That is pretty much a tell tail sign.

Still don't understand why we settled for des and his salary of 750k when we offered billy 3.2 to stay.

Why would anyone assume that the head coach position was maxed out at $750k when Napier would have been paid more, had he stayed. Obviously the university had money to pay his contract, no?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Still don't understand why we settled for des and his salary of 750k when we offered billy 3.2 to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Why would anyone assume that the head coach position was maxed out at $750k when Napier would have been paid more, had he stayed. Obviously the university had money to pay his contract, no?
    It was said that additional donors would supplement with an additional $1.2.

It has never been established that we even had the $2.0m to pay the first part. I believe Maggard banked on increased attendance to cover the $2.0mm and that never materialized.

It was said that additional donors would supplement with an additional $1.2.

It has never been established that we even had the $2.0m to pay the first part. I believe Maggard banked on increased attendance to cover the $2.0mm and that never materialized.
    What donors? So the university signs a contract without funds being available?

If one can’t accept reality, it’s all nothing but a dream. If so much money is available why are we allowing all of these positions to go unfilled? That is pretty much a tell tail sign.
    What positions? What are you referring to? One minute you are talking about Des's pay specifically and then referring to unfilled positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Des's pay is obviously tied to his lack of HC or even coordinator experience so the salary itself doesn't bother me but I was just surprised we didn't go after someone with that track record to begin with.

10. Default Re: CMD Hire

What positions? What are you referring to? One minute you are talking about Des's pay specifically and then referring to unfilled positions?
    For example, we have no RCAF director or Asst. AD at this time. It is my understanding that many of the personnel who left with Napier were not replaced or were replaced at much reduced salaries.

11. Default Re: CMD Hire

Des's pay is obviously tied to his lack of HC or even coordinator experience so the salary itself doesn't bother me but I was just surprised we didn't go after someone with that track record to begin with.
    We did not have the money.

12. Default Re: CMD Hire

Still looking for that list of coaches . . .

Easily the DC for Alabama ! He wanted the job. Pete Golding I know he was one of the candidates

Jabbar Juluke. End of thread.

We did not have the money.
    How do you know this? Please verify.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information