Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: CMD Hire

1. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Toney? Didn't he go to Florida?
    If I had to guess, I would say he went to Heaven.

Default Re: CMD Hire

Robe, Actualllywe did have an app from a head coach at. The. U of Fla. who saw the. Writing on. The
    . wall- Robe would appreciate your tongue-in- cheek

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    As you know none of us put together a list. But I can guarantee there were plenty experienced coordinators with play calling experience that would have been all over this job. Not a list but I’ll give you one Jay Johnson. This job at that point would have been very desirable for an up and coming coach.

Lets be honest here Nicholls and McNeese wouldn’t have hired a coach with Des’ resume.
    Check the bio of Nicholls head coach before you make a statement like this.

Destrehan High: DB & ST (1988-1991)
    Destrehan High: Head Coach (1992-1994)
    Nicholls: DB, ST, & Recruiting Coordinator (1995-1999)
    Nicholls: Receivers & Recruiting Coordinator (2000)
    ULM: CB (2001-2003)
    UL: S (2004-2007)
    UL: LB (2008-2010)
    UL: S (2011-2014)
    Nicholls: Head Coach (2015-present)

Yes, Nicholls hired a head coach who was only a high school head coach and then a position coach with no experience as a coordinator. Many of you are letting emoticons cloud your judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When money is not there, it is just not there. The dice were rolled with Napier and assistant funding. The investment paid off with performance. The investment did not pay off on the money side in that the performance did not result in increased attendance to keep that level going. We are back on financial hard times again. If we want to keep up at the level things were when Napier was here, we either need to boost attendance or find a money tree. Louisiana is doing its part and has doubled down with the planned stadium renovations. If that does not boost attendance, who knows where things will land.
    We need an RCAF that is much more open, transparent and out in the community trying to raise dollars. And we need more financial support from the hardcore fans, casual fans and a plan to go after those that aren't donating anything or even interested in the program at the moment.

RCAF should set a funding goal every year ($10M?) and then make sure our progress is posted everywhere. People are more keen to invest when they know how close to a funding goal the person requesting funds is at. We're not there yet at concessions but an option to round up to next dollar to donate towards RCAF is an easy place to start.

I'm not 100% sure on the CMD hire at this point either but I am cognizant that money was an issue and I'm quite certain Maggard was forced to go with the economical hire versus combing the college landscape. Martin Hall also has things they could be doing to help out the situation as well so it's really a multi-faceted approach that needs to take place if we want to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    We need an RCAF that is much more open, transparent and out in the community trying to raise dollars. And we need more financial support from the hardcore fans, casual fans and a plan to go after those that aren't donating anything or even interested in the program at the moment.

RCAF should set a funding goal every year ($10M?) and then make sure our progress is posted everywhere. People are more keen to invest when they know how close to a funding goal the person requesting funds is at. We're not there yet at concessions but an option to round up to next dollar to donate towards RCAF is an easy place to start.

I'm not 100% sure on the CMD hire at this point either but I am cognizant that money was an issue and I'm quite certain Maggard was forced to go with the economical hire versus combing the college landscape. Martin Hall also has things they could be doing to help out the situation as well so it's really a multi-faceted approach that needs to take place if we want to be successful.
    I'm sorry, we don't do it that way here....

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Check the bio of Nicholls head coach before you make a statement like this.

Destrehan High: DB & ST (1988-1991)
    Destrehan High: Head Coach (1992-1994)
    Nicholls: DB, ST, & Recruiting Coordinator (1995-1999)
    Nicholls: Receivers & Recruiting Coordinator (2000)
    ULM: CB (2001-2003)
    UL: S (2004-2007)
    UL: LB (2008-2010)
    UL: S (2011-2014)
    Nicholls: Head Coach (2015-present)

Yes, Nicholls hired a head coach who was only a high school head coach and then a position coach with no experience as a coordinator. Many of you are letting emoticons cloud your judgement.
    OK I stand corrected the Cajuns and Nicholls would hire that resume. Is that the company we want to be in. Heck McNeese hired a head coach from one of the all time winningest D2 programs. I thought that was a great hire for them.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Except its all based on assumption. You also fail to remember Napier went and got $2 million for supplemental coaches funds and that was supposed to remain with Des. They gave him $750,000 because that would be more in line with a first time HC with no coordinator experience although they incentivized him heavily.

You are absolutely assuming we would pull money from ticket sales increases to fund Napier. That was never established nor released to the public. Plus, why would we take such a gamble on keeping our most successful coach and tie it to increased ticket sales which is not a given and we've never had great attendance in the first place?

In regards to the administrative roles, it takes time to fill those, especially if looking for people with the right qualifications who may not come from within our program. I just don't buy that we can do a major stadium renovation but we can't afford to keep the most successful coach in school history? That's crazy and its all based on assumption.
    With all this talk of money and balancing budgets etc. I wouldn't be surprised if CF reno is put off indefinitely....

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    With all this talk of money and balancing budgets etc. I wouldn't be surprised if CF reno is put off indefinitely....
    I was just trying to find out what made Vic think that we all of a sudden had no money to pay Napier any longer and certainly didn't have any more than we spent on Desormeaux. He keeps throwing out ticket sales but Napier's salary kept going up year after year with the same ticket sales and private funding is what pays the surplus of coaching salaries, not tickets sold.

good question

10. Default Re: CMD Hire

I was just trying to find out what made Vic think that we all of a sudden had no money to pay Napier any longer and certainly didn't have any more than we spent on Desormeaux. He keeps throwing out ticket sales but Napier's salary kept going up year after year with the same ticket sales and private funding is what pays the surplus of coaching salaries, not tickets sold.
    How observant. It’s very difficult to pay things with tickets that did not sell. You getting there . . .

His contract. I don’t see any incentive for ticket sales or any compensation for tickets sales. The $755,000 looks to be guaranteed money.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post

The hard-core fans are maxed out. You only can bleed us so much.

Excellent post with true facts.

14. Default Re: CMD Hire

Hard core fans begin as $10 RCAF members.

I get it but something has to change and it seems like nothing is at this point. Or maybe in 5-10 years all college sports come crashing down because the general public is tired of paying, paying, paying for college kids to entertain.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information