Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CMD Hire

1. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If one can’t accept reality, it’s all nothing but a dream. If so much money is available why are we allowing all of these positions to go unfilled? That is pretty much a tell tail sign.
    Martin Hall is trying to balance the budget for TWO years in one year.

There is more "this year" money than they are allocating.

They should have tried to pay for last year's deficits over a 10 year period and this year would be going much smoother.

2. Default Re: CMD Hire

Still looking for that list of coaches . . .
    The list of coaches that would apply if the offer was $350G stretches from horizon to horizon.

They won't go public till opportunity arises.

Default Re: CMD Hire

We did not have the money.
    That horse crap!

4. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    That horse crap!
    We didn’t have any horse crap or bull ____ either, but it was lacking the money which drove the decisions

When money is not there, it is just not there. The dice were rolled with Napier and assistant funding. The investment paid off with performance. The investment did not pay off on the money side in that the performance did not result in increased attendance to keep that level going. We are back on financial hard times again. If we want to keep up at the level things were when Napier was here, we either need to boost attendance or find a money tree. Louisiana is doing its part and has doubled down with the planned stadium renovations. If that does not boost attendance, who knows where things will land.
    The ghost of Authement knows all.

6. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The ghost of Authement knows all.
    Is this some type of IPA you are drinking?

Vic drinking coolaid Martin hall is serving!

Still looking for that list of coaches . . .
    As you know none of us put together a list. But I can guarantee there were plenty experienced coordinators with play calling experience that would have been all over this job. Not a list but I’ll give you one Jay Johnson. This job at that point would have been very desirable for an up and coming coach.

Lets be honest here Nicholls and McNeese wouldn’t have hired a coach with Des’ resume.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We have the RCAF.
    Bingo!!! We have a winner!!!!

I said we bet on the attendance increase come to raise CBN salary. That never materialized and thus we were not in a position to pay him the $2mm this year but he moved on so no problem.

I said we were maxed out for coaches salaries this past year at $750,000. That is the reason we did not strongly pursue a more expensive hire.

I then said we failed to replace many important administrative type positions for the same reason. We banked on increased attendance from on the field performance and that crapped out.

As for the additional $1.2mm to supplement Napiers salary, that was a nonstarter because we were no longer in a position to pay him the $2mm.

Non of this is hard to understand unless one does not want too.
    Except its all based on assumption. You also fail to remember Napier went and got $2 million for supplemental coaches funds and that was supposed to remain with Des. They gave him $750,000 because that would be more in line with a first time HC with no coordinator experience although they incentivized him heavily.

You are absolutely assuming we would pull money from ticket sales increases to fund Napier. That was never established nor released to the public. Plus, why would we take such a gamble on keeping our most successful coach and tie it to increased ticket sales which is not a given and we've never had great attendance in the first place?

In regards to the administrative roles, it takes time to fill those, especially if looking for people with the right qualifications who may not come from within our program. I just don't buy that we can do a major stadium renovation but we can't afford to keep the most successful coach in school history? That's crazy and its all based on assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Except its all based on assumption. You also fail to remember Napier went and got $2 million for supplemental coaches funds and that was supposed to remain with Des. They gave him $750,000 because that would be more in line with a first time HC with no coordinator experience although they incentivized him heavily.

You are absolutely assuming we would pull money from ticket sales increases to fund Napier. That was never established nor released to the public. Plus, why would we take such a gamble on keeping our most successful coach and tie it to increased ticket sales which is not a given and we've never had great attendance in the first place?

In regards to the administrative roles, it takes time to fill those, especially if looking for people with the right qualifications who may not come from within our program. I just don't buy that we can do a major stadium renovation but we can't afford to keep the most successful coach in school history? That's crazy and its all based on assumption.
    Some have implied over and over that if Napier would have stayed his salary would have went from 2 million to 750K, due to the lack of funds. Nobody is buying this.

Some have implied over and over that if Napier would have stayed his salary would have went from 2 million to 750K, due to the lack of funds. Nobody is buying this.
    Vic AKA the ghost of Authement is selling it.

I mean his coaches salary pool had gotten to $2 million alone. I love how this guy says he has "facts" when its all circumstantial at best assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    As you know none of us put together a list. But I can guarantee there were plenty experienced coordinators with play calling experience that would have been all over this job. Not a list but I’ll give you one Jay Johnson. This job at that point would have been very desirable for an up and coming coach.

Lets be honest here Nicholls and McNeese wouldn’t have hired a coach with Des’ resume.
    I was honored to serve on a selection committee for a college(u all are familiar with)The amount of apps.and quality were beyond belief..a coach who would be the pitching coach of the Houston Astros the following year, a Major League Cy Young award winner, An LSU assistant coach who would be college hired and fired within the next year, a gentleman who went on to be a fabulous college coach in Texas. Also a little league mgr. Our group of five presented the finalists to AD Nelson Schexnaider who's final call was Toney. What a great move by Nelson. there were many, many more applicants, most of them highly qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnycajun View Post
    I was honored to serve on a selection committee for a college(u all are familiar with)The amount of apps.and quality were beyond belief..a coach who would be the pitching coach of the Houston Astros the following year, a Major League Cy Young award winner, An LSU assistant coach who would be college hired and fired within the next year, a gentleman who went on to be a fabulous college coach in Texas. Also a little league mgr. Our group of five presented the finalists to AD Nelson Schexnaider who's final call was Toney. What a great move by Nelson. there were many, many more applicants, most of them highly qualified.
    Patrick Toney? Didn't he go to Florida?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information