Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CMD Hire

1. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    How do you know this? Please verify.
    How about you verify we had the money? I have given you several facts which back up my position including the fact we did not do what you proposed.

2. Default Re: CMD Hire

And then there is the little birdie. Haven’t you learned not to challenge the birdie?

Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How about you verify we had the money? I have given you several facts which back up my position including the fact we did not do what you proposed.
    I give you some facts how much did Florida had to pay to buy out Napiers Contract? That is money that could have been used to hire a new coach

4. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I give you some facts how much did Florida had to pay to buy out Napiers Contract? That is money that could have been used to hire a new coach
    You can’t continue to pay a coach with one time money. Next

I have no verification but I'm going by the fact we offered Napier over $3 million to stay but you say that is a ruse and the money wasn't there. That seems more believable since we increased his pay during this same Covid timeframe you say depleted us. You've thus far given me NO facts that back up the "we are broke" assertion and didn't offer Napier more. The only thing you've said is that we're broke so we couldn't go out and fill administrative positions. That may or may not be true but I'm asking you to verify your position since you are so dead set on it you must have spoken to someone in the athletic department right?

You can’t continue to pay a coach with one time money. Next
    One time money used in the span of 3 to 4 yrs. Plus the base salary if we can afford 750k a year, and say Florida paid 2 million which I think is higher but let’s say 2 million. Then technically we could of hired someone for 1.3 million dollars a year for 4 yrs.

Why doesn’t the university start some kind of funding or an athletic foundation to be able to have a national search for an up-and-coming assistant coach for when a great coach leaves for greener pastures?

Juluke only making $450,000 at Florida. No comparison between the resumes of Juluke and CMD.

9. Default Re: CMD Hire

I said we bet on the attendance increase come to raise CBN salary. That never materialized and thus we were not in a position to pay him the $2mm this year but he moved on so no problem.

I said we were maxed out for coaches salaries this past year at $750,000. That is the reason we did not strongly pursue a more expensive hire.

I then said we failed to replace many important administrative type positions for the same reason. We banked on increased attendance from on the field performance and that crapped out.

As for the additional $1.2mm to supplement Napiers salary, that was a nonstarter because we were no longer in a position to pay him the $2mm.

Non of this is hard to understand unless one does not want too.

10. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    One time money used in the span of 3 to 4 yrs. Plus the base salary if we can afford 750k a year, and say Florida paid 2 million which I think is higher but let’s say 2 million. Then technically we could of hired someone for 1.3 million dollars a year for 4 yrs.
    We may still not have attendance to substantiate the $750,000 and Maggard and Savoi were already snake bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Why doesn’t the university start some kind of funding or an athletic foundation to be able to have a national search for an up-and-coming assistant coach for when a great coach leaves for greener pastures?
    You have to be serious about fundraising to build a successful foundation! Otherwise, all you have is a Ragin Cajun club 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    You have to be serious about fundraising to build a successful foundation! Otherwise, all you have is a Ragin Cajun club 2.0!
    Preach! This is the turning point in our overall athletic department.

The last 10 years (Hud &CBN) has shown us we need to separate the RCAF and get serious about fund raising.

- The unfunded Cajun Fieldstadium project.
    -Lame duck MBB coach we can't afford to fire.
    - CBN provided an organizational playbook for success and we can't afford to fund it.
    - We still don't have a clubhouse for baseball. We owe that to Tony!

Our administration has underfunded our FB program and expecting miracle results. That's called a hope and a dream. It's not sustainable.

I hope the fans continue to support CMD and I also hope CMD has enough passion for the program to call out the administration. Surprisingly, most fans and supporters may have his back.

We coulda got Matt McCullough for 350

14. Default Re: CMD Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    We coulda got Matt McCullough for 350
    Is that with the Acadiana offensive line?

Is that with the Acadiana offensive line?
    Yes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information