Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

1. UL Football This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

What was thought to be there for Louisiana may not be there in 2022. Why it's OK for expectations should shift for Cajuns moving forward.

Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

As a fan, my expectations are win games.all of them, my expectations next weekend.a win.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    As a fan, my expectations are win games.all of them, my expectations next weekend.a win.
    Ditto.

I'm not lowering my expectations so Coach Des can get a bye.

Every single team lost players, the only 3 for UL that would have made a difference, was Montrell, Torrence and Emani.

I expect a well coached team, offense, defense and special teams. If you know football, you can clearly see this team is not well coached. It lacks emotion and fundamentals. First and foremost, you have to run and stop the run. We can't do neither.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm not lowering my expectations so Coach Des can get a bye.

Every single team lost players, the only 3 for UL that would have made a difference, was Montrell, Torrence and Emani.

I expect a well coached team, offense, defense and special teams. If you know football, you can clearly see this team is not well coached. It lacks emotion and fundamentals. First and foremost, you have to run and stop the run. We can't do neither.
    Levi Lewis
    Percy butler
    Tayland Humphrey
    Chauncey Manac
    Ferrod Gardner
    Lorenzo McCaskil
    Mekhi garner
    Kyren lacy
    Cameron waites
    Shane valot
    Max Mitchell
    Ken marks
    TJ wisham

We lost a lot more than the 3 you mentioned, that’s a lot of leadership and experience gone right there. Maybe we were the ones fooling ourselves losing all that and all the staff and thinking we wouldn’t take a step back.

My expectations are to not lose to a program that funds its athletic department with cereal box tops.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    My expectations are to not lose to a program that funds its athletic department with cereal box tops.
    If money was all that mattered, public schools would never beat private schools in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Levi Lewis
    Percy butler
    Tayland Humphrey
    Chauncey Manac
    Ferrod Gardner
    Lorenzo McCaskil
    Mekhi garner
    Kyren lacy
    Cameron waites
    Shane valot
    Max Mitchell
    Ken marks
    TJ wisham

We lost a lot more than the 3 you mentioned, that’s a lot of leadership and experience gone right there. Maybe we were the ones fooling ourselves losing all that and all the staff and thinking we wouldn’t take a step back.
    They weren’t coming back, the only 3 that would have been here to really make a difference was the 3 I mentioned. Every team has a change of players, not one team didn’t.

“It may be time for the expectations to be changed.” What does that even mean?! Don’t expect to win? don’t expect to be a Top 25 program? don’t expect for the AD to do their job and hire the best coaches? Don’t expect the next 10-20 years be like the past 12? Don’t expect to go to bowls anymore? Don’t expect to beat terrible teams like ULM? Heck, maybe we shouldn’t expect to be called Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns anymore! I guess we just shouldn’t expect to continue climbing to the top and should just accept our place at the bottom with the other bottom feeders…Go ULL! Is that the new expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    we should all keep our expectation levels high. i get what you are saying though. no one is getting a pass here. the Ad the Hc and everyone paying attention is seeing this reaction. people expect more which is a good thing. but he has to be given the chance to work his way through this mess. its evident through 4 games that the talent level is not at all what we expected to see

11. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

They weren’t coming back, the only 3 that would have been here to really make a difference was the 3 I mentioned. Every team has a change of players, not one team didn’t.
    Every team that is top heavy one year followed by departures has growing pains the next.

Not every team is top heavy.

Your sweeping the departures of 4 and 5 year starters under the rug says more about agenda than reality.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Every team that is top heavy one year followed by departures has growing pains the next.

Not every team is top heavy.

Your sweeping the departures of 4 and 5 year starters under the rug says more about agenda than reality.

jmo
    My emphasis is this team has talent, most of these players played and started last year at one time or another. It's so easy to blame a bad team on the players, when it's mostly the same ones who were here the year before. It's bad coaching, it's not the players like a lot of you want to blame.

And who is to say we wouldn’t have taken a step back with Billy? You act as just because all teams lose players that it just doesn’t affect them? There are only about 5 teams in the country who never take steps back. Or they do take steps back but they still win.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And who is to say we wouldn’t have taken a step back with Billy? You act as just because all teams lose players that it just doesn’t affect them? There are only about 5 teams in the country who never take steps back. Or they do take steps back but they still win.
    We would be 4-0 with Napier, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Bingo!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information