Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You act like he wanted to blow it . . . You act like he was the snapper on the two bad snaps . . . You act like he dropped the passes . . . and on and on . . . It took all of these unfortunate occurrences for us to lose that game last night.

It’s time to strap it on and support our coaches and players. It’s all we have left at this time

GEAUX Cajuns . . .
    Refer to my other previous post. I HAVE NO C0NFIDENCE. I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE. I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!! That is a coaching problem plain & simple.

You act like he wanted to blow it . . . You act like he was the snapper on the two bad snaps . . . You act like he dropped the passes . . . and on and on . . . It took all of these unfortunate occurrences for us to lose that game last night.

It’s time to strap it on and support our coaches and players. It’s all we have left at this time

GEAUX Cajuns . . .
    And I'll tell you this also Ghost of Authement. The whole 2 QB thing. There's a reason why the whole cliche thing of if you have two QBs you have no QBs is a cliche. Because you aren't showing CONFIDENCE in either player. And without CONFIDENCE there is no ability to lead. Someone is gonna get their feelings hurt. But whether it's fair, or not, right, or not, Mike is gonna have to make a damn decision about WHO is gonna lead his team, or he isn't gonna have a team to lead in a couple of weeks. Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I disagree, not in this case. And there is a good reason for not giving Mike as much rope. The fact is anyone who would have taken over this program in the condition it was in even after Billy robbed the cupboard, the kitchen was still full of groceries. So what if there aren't any Slim Jims & Funyuns. There's a butt load of pancake mix, cornbread mix, eggs, milk, butter, cooking oil, Tony's you name it. So Billy took a couple of chips & some Reese's peanut butter cups. The only reason we are starving is because the next cook only knows how to make balogna sandwiches?

I hear where you're coming from about the closeness of the game. However, that only means that Mike's guys were in better shape than they have been in aa long time & they screwed the pooch. And everything that happened screamed out with blood curdling yells, I have no confidence. I have no confidence. THAT my friend is the difference right now between Billy & Mike. And it's the same freaking issue in New Orleans as well.
    You are comparing year 4 Billy to year 1 mike. Year 1 Billy went 7-7 and that wasn’t all because of the talent level. Billy learned some things the hard way his first year too. Billy is still learning. Not sure why Mike is expected to have it all figured out in the 5th game of his career. Glad you bring up the saints, it’s strange how people weren’t saying the things about Dennis Allen that they said about Mike. That Rita benson was too cheap to hire anyone else. That an NFL team would hire from within Is small time. They hired a guy with previous experience too, a horrible experience.

4. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

And I'll tell you this also Ghost of Authement. The whole 2 QB thing. There's a reason why the whole cliche thing of if you have two QBs you have no QBs is a cliche. Because you aren't showing CONFIDENCE in either player. And without CONFIDENCE there is no ability to lead. Someone is gonna get their feelings hurt. But whether it's fair, or not, right, or not, Mike is gonna have to make a damn decision about WHO is gonna lead his team, or he isn't gonna have a team to lead in a couple of weeks. Got it?
    So, you don’t think we should support our coaches and players henceforth?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You are comparing year 4 Billy to year 1 mike. Year 1 Billy went 7-7 and that wasn’t all because of the talent level. Billy learned some things the hard way his first year too. Billy is still learning. Not sure why Mike is expected to have it all figured out in the 5th game of his career. Glad you bring up the saints, it’s strange how people weren’t saying the things about Dennis Allen that they said about Mike. That Rita benson was too cheap to hire anyone else. That an NFL team would hire from within Is small time. They hired a guy with previous experience too, a horrible experience.
    In many ways, what Mike is going through is perfectly parallel to what DA is experiencing. But Mike should have kept the fall camp like it was before for the simple reason that the more that is expected of a player, the more that player will be forced to buy in & take ownership. And the whole 2 QB thing I have just gone through adnauseum. I'm not about firing Mike. I want the guy to succeed. But he is going to have to realize that his way is not always the right way, at least at first. To think that 18-22 year old guys are going to do all the right things like diet & rest & study on their own is just blatantly naive. And while the two QB thing isn't so bad the first game, or two against inferior competition, at some point he has to make a decision as to whom he believes in, or he will have a sinking ship with no buckets to bail himself out.

So, you don’t think we should support our coaches and players henceforth?
    Oh ghost of the dead, pray tell show me where I stated what you're accusation is against me? If not return to the grave & haunt me no more.

7. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

How many more books are there on two simple concepts?

As to the first, we will see what he learned come spring training next year.

As to the second, hopefully his game plan this weekend will show he has settled on primarily one QB.

How many more ways are you going to address these two concepts?

8. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Oh ghost of the dead, pray tell show me where I stated what you're accusation is against me? If not return to the grave & haunt me no more.

Here you go:

. . . or he isn't gonna have a team to lead in a couple of weeks. Got it?

How many more books are there on two simple concepts?

As to the first, we will see what he learned come spring training next year.

As to the second, hopefully his game plan this weekend will show he has settled on primarily one QB.

How many more ways are you going to address these two concepts?
    As many as it takes to get you back into your coffin & get it nailed shut Ray. Good night now, oh dweller of the darkness.

10. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

As many as it takes to get you back into your coffin & get it nailed shut Ray. Good night now, oh dweller of the darkness.
    Seek professional assistance for your own good.

Here you go:
    I have no control over whether the team continues to buy in, or not. And if he keeps going, neither will he dark overlord.

Seek professional assistance for your own good.
    I have a call in to Van Helsing as we chat.

13. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Some private school have less money than public schools. No need to read it again.
    If you're talking high schools, I'd say most have less than public schools. I'm pretty sure public schools spend more per student than private schools in Acadiana.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information