Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

1. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The difference is this hire wasn't a stranger to this team & all of the players & various other personnel. So the standard should be higher. So maybe UL doesn't skull drag ULM. They still gave away a conference game they were in complete control of against an inferior opponent. The only thing that could have made this worse would have been losing at home.
    True but he is not Napier and doesn't have last years team to work with.

So when you say the "standard should be higher." Not higher than Napier but higher than some off the street hire.

Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    True but he is not Napier and doesn't have last years team to work with.

So when you say the "standard should be higher." Not higher than Napier but higher than some off the street hire.
    That is correct. And he knew, or should have known that losing to ULM would bring massive criticism his way & deservedly so, especially after having a comfortable lead for most of the game. In short He blew it.

3. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

That is correct. And he knew, or should have known that losing to ULM would bring massive criticism his way & deservedly so, especially after having a comfortable lead for most of the game. In short He blew it.
    Two bad hikes and two snapped defensive plays blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not true. Some private schools also struggle.
    Maybe read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Maybe read it again.
    Some private school have less money than public schools. No need to read it again.

Rice was a step back, ULM was freaking tumbling leap off the cliff against a team they had no business losing to.
    Billy needed ULM’s kicker to miss kicks at the end of 2 games and their kicker missed it both times. Billy skull drug ULM one time and barely beat them the other 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Some private school have less money than public schools. No need to read it again.
    Maybe if you read it a few more times

Billy needed ULM’s kicker to miss kicks at the end of 2 games and their kicker missed it both times. Billy skull drug ULM one time and barely beat them the other 3 times.
    How many double digit leads did Billy relinquish in those games? You lose a game because you are outplayed by a better opponent, that is on the players. You lose a game because you allowed a team to come back in the fourth quarter from a double digit deficit, that is the coaching.

How many double digit leads did Billy relinquish in those games?
    I’m not justifying blowing a double digit lead but if any if you are “true fans” as you all like to claim and actually follow this program, you would know how these games with ULM almost always play out, and it’s hardly ever with one team convincingly beating the other. There has been like 4 lopsided wins in 20 years. If we would have hired anyone else, and they were 2-2…everyone would be “gotta give the guy time to do it his way” We hired one of our own and he is getting treated worse than any coach I can remember here after 5 games. It’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    What was thought to be there for Louisiana may not be there in 2022. Why it's OK for expectations should shift for Cajuns moving forward.

Fake news.

11. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I promise you, we would be 4-0 with this same exact roster with Billy as coach
    Unless you have some way he could have been retained under (or not under) current budget constraints, you failed to make a point.

I’m not justifying blowing a double digit lead but if any if you are “true fans” as you all like to claim and actually follow this program, you would know how these games with ULM almost always play out, and it’s hardly ever with one team convincingly beating the other. There has been like 4 lopsided wins in 20 years. If we would have hired anyone else, and they were 2-2…everyone would be “gotta give the guy time to do it his way” We hired one of our own and he is getting treated worse than any coach I can remember here after 5 games. It’s pathetic.
    Truth

Well, it's all in how we look. Yes, it's that bad. We are just the observers, Des is the only one to make it better. Can he? Hmmmmm. Show us something.

14. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

You act like he wanted to blow it . . . You act like he was the snapper on the two bad snaps . . . You act like he dropped the passes . . . and on and on . . . It took all of these unfortunate occurrences for us to lose that game last night.

It’s time to strap it on and support our coaches and players. It’s all we have left at this time

GEAUX Cajuns . . .

I disagree, not in this case. And there is a good reason for not giving Mike as much rope. The fact is anyone who would have taken over this program in the condition it was in even after Billy robbed the cupboard, the kitchen was still full of groceries. So what if there aren't any Slim Jims & Funyuns. There's a butt load of pancake mix, cornbread mix, eggs, milk, butter, cooking oil, Tony's you name it. So Billy took a couple of chips & some Reese's peanut butter cups. The only reason we are starving is because the next cook only knows how to make balogna sandwiches?

I hear where you're coming from about the closeness of the game. However, that only means that Mike's guys were in better shape than they have been in aa long time & they screwed the pooch. And everything that happened screamed out with blood curdling yells, I have no confidence. I have no confidence. THAT my friend is the difference right now between Billy & Mike. And it's the same freaking issue in New Orleans as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information