Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm not lowering my expectations so Coach Des can get a bye.

Every single team lost players, the only 3 for UL that would have made a difference, was Montrell, Torrence and Emani.

I expect a well coached team, offense, defense and special teams. If you know football, you can clearly see this team is not well coached. It lacks emotion and fundamentals. First and foremost, you have to run and stop the run. We can't do neither.
    The standard is the standard and it isn't supposed to get lowered for anyone. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If money was all that mattered, public schools would never beat private schools in anything.
    Not true. Some private schools also struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    we should all keep our expectation levels high. i get what you are saying though. no one is getting a pass here. the Ad the Hc and everyone paying attention is seeing this reaction. people expect more which is a good thing. but he has to be given the chance to work his way through this mess. its evident through 4 games that the talent level is not at all what we expected to see
    I promise you players, coaches, staff and administrators are all reading these posts.

I promise you, we would be 4-0 with this same exact roster with Billy as coach

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I promise you, we would be 4-0 with this same exact roster with Billy as coach
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I promise you players, coaches, staff and administrators are all reading these posts.
    you have no idea.

7. Default Re: This isn't Billy Napier's Louisiana. Expectations should shift.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    We would be 4-0 with Napier, no doubt.
    Not even close to the issue.

Not even the question.

The issue and question is, when you consider the financial handcuffs placed on the program, what hire in the country that came in and made changes would UL be 4-0 with?

Napier is completely off the table and bringing him up is a red herring.

you have no idea.
    They do read and some post. Get over it.

They do read and some post. Get over it.
    name them and show their posts

name them and show their posts
    Me and Turbine and others don't give up posters handle. I have sources. I don’t reveal them, which is why I STILL have sources.

Yeah that title of the article really ____ed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And who is to say we wouldn’t have taken a step back with Billy? You act as just because all teams lose players that it just doesn’t affect them? There are only about 5 teams in the country who never take steps back. Or they do take steps back but they still win.
    Rice was a step back, ULM was freaking tumbling leap off the cliff against a team they had no business losing to.

Me and Turbine and others don't give up posters handle. I have sources. I don’t reveal them, which is why I STILL have sources.
    oh would you stop

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not even close to the issue.

Not even the question.

The issue and question is, when you consider the financial handcuffs placed on the program, what hire in the country that came in and made changes would UL be 4-0 with?

Napier is completely off the table and bringing him up is a red herring.
    The difference is this hire wasn't a stranger to this team & all of the players & various other personnel. So the standard should be higher. So maybe UL doesn't skull drag ULM. They still gave away a conference game they were in complete control of against an inferior opponent. The only thing that could have made this worse would have been losing at home.

My standards weren't as high as most people's were. I knew when I heard the prediction threads that people were getting way to overly excited. I thought UL would win between 7-9 games & be bowl eligible again & that would give Des a decent shot to really get started on doing his own thing. But watching the complete digression of this team over these past 4 weeks has shown me that Des is in danger of completely losing the team as well as the fan base.

Losing to ULM was an absolute no no. I don't care if the great Nick Saban did it his first season. He was taking over a team that had massive discipline issues & had been through one of the worst stretches of its football history. He also lost to the best QB ULM has ever had. That QB wasn't on the field last night. There was simply no excuse for what occurred. And with the tough part of the schedule coming up, there won't be any time for excuse making now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information