Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Attendance?

1. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I wasn't counted, scanner didn't work...and the student attendance and retention just sucks...
    Not letting students on the 50 is like sending the students to golf or tennis event.

It won't keep their interest.

They will only stay if they feel involved.

ps If they intimately understood the game like decades past it might be a different story, but with no chance of roudy interaction, the chance of retention is zero.

2. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

I guess the administration is pulling a full stop to prevent what happened in the Ole Miss student section.

Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I guess the administration is pulling a full stop to prevent what happened in the Ole Miss student section.
    Is this a conference rule to not have students behind the 50 yard line.

What happened?

5. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

What happened?
    They had fun

6. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

What happened?
    A fight broke out in the student section at Ole Miss. I have no details.

I’ve been told that the students have been a little more “inappropriate” (I’ll leave it at that) than it’s been in the past to the visiting bench. Hence, why they’ve consolidated the group.

But they HAVE TO FIND A WAY to fill that middle section during games. It’s completely empty on tv, and the optics are awful. People watching probably think that we only have 2,000 people in attendance looking at that big empty section.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’ve been told that the students have been a little more “inappropriate” (I’ll leave it at that) than it’s been in the past to the visiting bench. Hence, why they’ve consolidated the group.

But they HAVE TO FIND A WAY to fill that middle section during games. It’s completely empty on tv, and the optics are awful. People watching probably think that we only have 2,000 people in attendance looking at that big empty section.
    Keep them off the first 10 rows or so

9. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

We just need to quit being democrats and let things fall where they may . . .

The administration can educate the students on proper fan behavior, but let them cheer on their team from the 50 yard line! Don’t police and alienate them, educate them!

11. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    The administration can educate the students on proper fan behavior, but let them cheer on their team from the 50 yard line! Don’t police and alienate them, educate them!
    Thanks, as we are an institution of higher education . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post

Noteveryone can be as well behaved as you guys were. Right?

A fight broke out in the student section at Ole Miss. I have no details.
    Ah, students being students...Congrats to UL for finally sucking the last bit of fun out of CF for students.

Put the band at the 50.

15. Default Re: Homecoming Attendance?

Put the students at the 50. Remove the seat
    Every other row so standing won’t be a visual obstruction. Put plexi glass like at hockey ice rinks. You can allow paying public on top ten rows. This would do a lot to liven things up IMO and still protect visiting teams.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information