Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe we lost to ULM

Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I just haven't seen him. I make every softball game so that limits my baseball games. I am tired of the trolls that are here to just stir the pot.
    He doesn't do Softball any longer, that was something he and his wife shared. He's been at Football and Baseball games unless he's not feeling well.

2. Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

I just haven't seen him. I make every softball game so that limits my baseball games. I am tired of the trolls that are here to just stir the pot.
    Pretty impressive to make EVERY softball game all the way from Forney, TX.

Default Re: I can't believe we lost to ULM

I don't think anyone really believes Des would be fired at this point. I'm not sure why most of you are trying to defend as if it could be possible.

Oh, and we all know Dr. Maggard won't fire anybody. They either leave on their own or pass away, with the lone exception of Hud, which was a dumpster fire, and plus, he didn't hire him.

Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    You get it. A lot of these guys are clueless. I knew the minute all these players hit the portal that we would have a tough year. Never been so indifferent to the beginning of a football season since the end of huds tenure. It’s what he does between year one and year 2 that will write the book on CMD. If he can’t make the appropriate coaching hires and find a way to upgrade the offensive line, it may be time to move in. As for now, the team is the team. We know the deficiencies. We have a pretty good defense and an atrocious offensive line with sub par running backs and quarterback. The play calling could be better, etc…
    It boils down to not being able to run the damn football or create any semblance of a passing game that needs respect. If Mike can’t improve this by next year he will rightfully be fired.
    This 100% We have 3 players playing for an SEC team right now that were on our roster. Happened AFTER the hire There was no time to fix things Dez has a bogey this year from me

I was not a fan of the hire but I am a Cajun fan. I want to Dez to succeed. He has 3 full years in my book to get the right coaches recruits. but we proved once that we were not going to USL it anymore. If things are not better in three years we need to step up and make changes.

Right now it's the Jimmy's and Joes not the coaching in my opinion

Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

Me and Mr. Hebert go back. He left the site once his wife health went down. She and him were great donors and huge Cajun fans. Stop making up lies. I haven't seen him at any UL events in a while. I guess RP posters kept him away from those events also. These trolls need to go.
    i know basin very well. i dont need the lecture. he did not leave her due to his late wife passing. he left way before because of posters like yourself. ignorant

He did when interviewed.
    no he did not

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    This 100% We have 3 players playing for an SEC team right now that were on our roster. Happened AFTER the hire There was no time to fix things Dez has a bogey this year from me

I was not a fan of the hire but I am a Cajun fan. I want to Dez to succeed. He has 3 full years in my book to get the right coaches recruits. but we proved once that we were not going to USL it anymore. If things are not better in three years we need to step up and make changes.

You may be right about the Jimmy and the Joe's but our Joe's played pretty well the first couple of series in the game. Jefferson looked like nobody could cover him (all game pretty much) and we were multiple on offense and got the ball outside to Chris Smith and he made plays. After those first two or so series, we went to plugging the ball up the middle and barely looking at Jefferson. The result? We averaged less than 2 yards per carry and scored a whopping 3 points the remainder of the game. I'd argue it was every bit as much coaching as it was players if not more so.

From just a pure athletic talent standpoint we were better than every team we’ve played thus far. The jimmys and joes are not focused disciplined and paying attention to the little details and that is coaching that begins in January.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You may be right about the Jimmy and the Joe's but our Joe's played pretty well the first couple of series in the game. Jefferson looked like nobody could cover him (all game pretty much) and we were multiple on offense and got the ball outside to Chris Smith and he made plays. After those first two or so series, we went to plugging the ball up the middle and barely looking at Jefferson. The result? We averaged less than 2 yards per carry and scored a whopping 3 points the remainder of the game. I'd argue it was every bit as much coaching as it was players if not more so.
    Our opening series was a thing of beauty. Then, we abandoned what was working and tried to establish a run game at all costs that shut us down. Also, play calling seems different with both QBs. Chandler seems to get plays that have more passing than running. Ben seems to get 2 running plays for no gain, then forced to pass on 3rd & long. Maybe that is a wrong observation, but which ever QB starts, I hope UL sets up the run with a passing game rather than trying to run to set up a passing game. Can't win with 3rd and long on every series.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    From just a pure athletic talent standpoint we were better than every team we’ve played thus far. The jimmys and joes are not focused disciplined and paying attention to the little details and that is coaching that begins in January.
    I agree if you are suggesting we were out coached. It looked like our guys had a plan and started executing it with some success. Bowden figured it out and we didn't have a plan "B". It was as if ULM knew what play was coming next. All the dropped passes bad snaps etc. is 100% coaching. We had the better players, they had the better coach. CMD is young and hopefully he will adjust and get better. I never meet the man but I assume he has great love for UL. I would be burning the midnight oil to right the ship. I bet he's doing everything he can. We have enough talent to beat USA. If we USLit again, I'm going to start up the bus. If we show that we improved and these guys are hungry, I think we will be alright. Playing down to the level of your competition then trying to pull it out in the 4th quarter isn't going to work this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Bowden figured it out and we didn't have a plan "B".
    A $600,000 coach…great mind, took the job as a challenge.

In fairness to CMD, depth is our Achilles’ heel. Napier’s teams hang around and would just outlast the opponents. Watching the Gators this year is like watching UL four years ago. Same MO, same coach speak. Both CMD and CBN are playing catch up in their current positions.

The fans that are upset are rightfully so. Losing to a fumble program like ULM has recruiting ramifications. Yes, I’m usually the one that posts the bottom 10. We all laugh, but that’s recruiting fodder that’s once you’re there, it’s hard to extract oneself from the joke.

2 at LSU and 3 at Florida. That's 5 in the SEC.

I agree if you are suggesting we were out coached. It looked like our guys had a plan and started executing it with some success. Bowden figured it out and we didn't have a plan "B". It was as if ULM knew what play was coming next. All the dropped passes bad snaps etc. is 100% coaching. We had the better players, they had the better coach. CMD is young and hopefully he will adjust and get better. I never meet the man but I assume he has great love for UL. I would be burning the midnight oil to right the ship. I bet he's doing everything he can. We have enough talent to beat USA. If we USLit again, I'm going to start up the bus. If we show that we improved and these guys are hungry, I think we will be alright. Playing down to the level of your competition then trying to pull it out in the 4th quarter isn't going to work this year.
    If you gave the ULM coaching staff our players in January and our coaching staff their players in January how bad would the ULM coaches win by? I’m thinking 35 or 45.

14. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

.Bowden figured it out.
    Biggest almost unmentioned factor.

In football there is always an answer, and the fastest thinkers win.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Our opening series was a thing of beauty. Then, we abandoned what was working and tried to establish a run game at all costs that shut us down. Also, play calling seems different with both QBs. Chandler seems to get plays that have more passing than running. Ben seems to get 2 running plays for no gain, then forced to pass on 3rd & long. Maybe that is a wrong observation, but which ever QB starts, I hope UL sets up the run with a passing game rather than trying to run to set up a passing game. Can't win with 3rd and long on every series.

Bottom line is several schools in America have a chandler and a Ben but they pick the best and go with it. If what we are doing with our QBs was a formula to win football games more coaches in America would be doing it. It is not. It will continue to be a disaster and an offense that never finds a rhythm. All because our coach doesn’t want to hurt feelings. This is a freaking joke of a way to handle this situation and our Lafayette media just takes it in stride afraid to ask real questions.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information