Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe we lost to ULM

Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    When Mike was hired, it was not a rebuild. It was more of a plug and play. AFTER Mike was hired the organization was gutted. Dont forget that. Much changed from the day Mike was announced to today. And im not totally sure all those same resources are in place. The man deserves a chance. We are not comparing apples to apples right here. To think this season would be a seamless transition, after what the program lost(players, coaches, support staff, etc) …would be pretty stupid.
    Yep. CBN came back after CMD was hired and double dipped after things were agreed upon.

I hope he never sets foot in Cajun Field again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yep. CBN came back after CMD was hired and double dipped after things were agreed upon.

I hope he never sets foot in Cajun Field again.
    Maggard said there was no agreements.

3. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Best way to help the oline and run game is to throw it down field early and often. No one on our schedule is afraid of our pass game. They will stack the box till we back them out.
    Fact

Sports is great because there is always an answer to what the opponent is focused on.

4. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

When Mike was hired, it was not a rebuild. It was more of a plug and play. AFTER Mike was hired the organization was gutted. Dont forget that. Much changed from the day Mike was announced to today. And im not totally sure all those same resources are in place. The man deserves a chance. We are not comparing apples to apples right here. To think this season would be a seamless transition, after what the program lost(players, coaches, support staff, etc) …would be pretty stupid.
    Awesome recollection.

The bloodletting was after the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Awesome recollection.

The bloodletting was after the hire.
    Don't let the ghost of Dr. A convince you to change the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Noted, but people who post negative stuff are also people who care about this program…. We can’t all be here to toe the company line… everyone on here pulls for our team week in and week out no matter who the coach is…. I hope Mike rights the ship and succeeds….. the fact is the bar has been set and it is the highest it has ever been! The bar should not change because we lost some players. If you recruit and develop good players they should be able to fill the holes. I am as frustrated as the next person and there are many things to fix… the number one thing we have to correct or we won’t win much is our o-Line run blocking… it is terrible right now and we can’t open a hole to save our life. Any fan who watches the game can see this…coaches see it from a different view and unfortunately they don’t like opinions from the outside observers when it doesn’t match their thinking…. You have to adjust and adapt to the situation and unfortunately they aren’t doing that right now. Saturday will be a tough one so let hope we turn it around. Geaux Cajuns!
    That’s going to require an upgrade of offensive lineman. There’s only so much coaching will get you there.

7. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Don't let the ghost of Dr. A convince you to change the thread title.
    The title was at best, premature.

You get it. A lot of these guys are clueless. I knew the minute all these players hit the portal that we would have a tough year. Never been so indifferent to the beginning of a football season since the end of huds tenure. It’s what he does between year one and year 2 that will write the book on CMD. If he can’t make the appropriate coaching hires and find a way to upgrade the offensive line, it may be time to move in. As for now, the team is the team. We know the deficiencies. We have a pretty good defense and an atrocious offensive line with sub par running backs and quarterback. The play calling could be better, etc…
    It boils down to not being able to run the damn football or create any semblance of a passing game that needs respect. If Mike can’t improve this by next year he will rightfully be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The title was at best, premature.
    Changing thread titles is very controlling even if this is your forum.

10. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Changing thread titles is very controlling even if this is your forum.
    We have been adjusting titles for 20 years.

"Today's game" gets changed to the actual game.

Many times people put less thought into the title of their post than the post itself. Often it doesn't even fit.

"Live Game Talk" gets changed to the final score.

Even the starter of the thread said he knew it wasn't going to happen, so you try to get to the bottom of his real complaint and he stated a warning last week.

The current title fits his true concerns.

His initial post goes into detail.

Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

I’ve complained about things like tailgating, concessions, RCAF not making adjustments to things which aren’t working, etc. I feel those things have been issues year after year and yet to be corrected.

…but calling for a coach with a 2-2 career record to fired immediately is plain stupid.

While this thread is extremely ridiculous, at least it allows for others to see who is unreasonable and who is level headed.

Where is Basin Bear? He is a voice of reason we could really use right now.

Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I’ve complained about things like tailgating, concessions, RCAF not making adjustments to things which aren’t working, etc. I feel those things have been issues year after year and yet to be corrected.

…but calling for a coach with a 2-2 career record to fired immediately is plain stupid.

While this thread is extremely ridiculous, at least it allows for others to see who is unreasonable and who is level headed.

Where is Basin Bear? He is a voice of reason we could really use right now.
    Probably still getting over his hangover from the bus ride.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    That’s going to require an upgrade of offensive lineman. There’s only so much coaching will get you there.
    Do like south Alabama they hit the transfer portal up and got I think 2 SEC Oline man.

14. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Do like south Alabama they hit the transfer portal up and got I think 2 SEC Oline man.
    Yeah, that's my big regret from this past offseason. There didn't appear to be activity on the get players front.

K owing what was being lost, I thought it would have been a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Bull ____. I’ll call it. You’re full of ____ and don’t know anything.

Several years ago we had another situation where a poster who maintained they had sources in the locker room post on this board that they were locker room issues between some of the players and a coach.

I was waiting for the locker room comment to come out. The original poster hasn’t been on the board in some time yet this sentiment is now being conveyed and only 4 games into the new coaches tenure.

I said it then and I’ll say it again.

If I am a coach of any athletic team, and a booster or supporter of said team is getting in the ears of my players, that booster would be banned from contact with my team and any player that continues To stay in contact with him would be gone.

We’ve had it before with the football team, we had it with the basketball team, and allegedly we had it with the baseball team. And Now it appears it is happening with the football team again.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information