Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe we lost to ULM

Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Several years ago we had another situation where a poster who maintained they had sources in the locker room post on this board that they were locker room issues between some of the players and a coach.

I was waiting for the locker room comment to come out. The original poster hasn’t been on the board in some time yet this sentiment is now being conveyed and only 4 games into the new coaches tenure.

I said it then and I’ll say it again.

If I am a coach of any athletic team, and a booster or supporter of said team is getting in the ears of my players, that booster would be banned from contact with my team and any player that continues To stay in contact with him would be gone.

We’ve had it before with the football team, we had it with the basketball team, and allegedly we had it with the baseball team. And Now it appears it is happening with the football team again.
    Pretty sure a podcast guy said he had player sources in locker rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    JMV,

What would it accomplish for UL to fire CMD at this exact moment? We would be the donkeys of America across college football to hire a "hometown hero" and fire the man 4 games and a .500 record into a career. If you wanna say the guy should've never been hired, I will agree with you on that, and I think a lot of people putting emotions aside and just looking at resume would do the same. However, even I'm growing tired of hearing myself say that, and it's time for me to just accept what has been done and wait it out. We accomplish nothing firing the man today. We would have an interim HC for 8 games from an inexperienced staff and the biggest blight on our program we could have going into a coaching search as the university that hired one of their own, gave him 4 games, and fired him for winning half. The damage of this decision, if indeed it is what some of us think it is, has been done. We can't change it now. 2-3 years (let's be honest probably 4 at least) and we see how it goes.

This is one hot head to another. I was calling for heads above CMD's after last night. I won't say I fully back down from that sentiment, but I, like the people who want Mike gone, am just gonna have to let the next few years play out. As much as I dislike the decision, it's been made and it needs to be proven as the right or wrong one over a longer period than 4 games. I don't think this is gonna work out, but I can't just declare myself as correct before giving the situation a chance to unfold.

All I can do at this point is pull for the Cajuns and hope the people accountable reap the consequences, whether they be positive or negative, of this decision. There are so many things wrong with our product right now: on field performance in several sports, game day experience, marketing & promotions, ticketing, concessions, merchandising, etc. The list goes on and on. The people getting paid to fix these issues honestly have a mountain ahead of them. Unlike the apathetic community we are in, I'm personally still interested enough to see if they can climb it. If my part in helping them climb it is to show up and cheer and keep SOME of my negativity off social media and Pagin then so be it. Fans reactions should be genuine and not always focused on what helps or hurts. We have to take a step back here though and see this isn't helping.
    Yes, we would be the donkeys of the college football world. What potential prospect would want to come here when people would be screaming for his dismissal after only four games?

Aside from that, the rest of bis salary for this year and I’m assuming an additional two years. So we’re talking over $2 million right there.

And $2 million for the assistants that we’re going to fire. So now we are up to $4 million to buy them out of this year.

And who are you going to replace him with? Literally at this time of year, the only option would be O. But the guy is making $17 million to hang out with hot chicks and sit on his butt… And brag about it. So why would he take the job?

So what is our option at filling the void? Seriously, the demand has been made that mike pbe fired. So by all means please please please offer a solution as to who can step in at this point of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Pretty sure a podcast guy said he had player sources in locker rooms.

Which one was that? I don’t podcast much so I don’t know the players without the play card

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maggard said there was no agreements.
    maggard never said that

Default Re: I Can't Believe We Lost to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I’ve complained about things like tailgating, concessions, RCAF not making adjustments to things which aren’t working, etc. I feel those things have been issues year after year and yet to be corrected.

…but calling for a coach with a 2-2 career record to fired immediately is plain stupid.

While this thread is extremely ridiculous, at least it allows for others to see who is unreasonable and who is level headed.

Where is Basin Bear? He is a voice of reason we could really use right now.
    posters like jmv ran bear off a long time ago. we run off the wrong ones now days

Default Re: I can't believe we lost to ULM

Saban lost to ULM. I was not in favor of hiring CMD. It never seems to work hiring someone from within like that.

Old timers on here know I have a long tradition of wanting to get rid of coaches quickly. Stokley, Bustle and Baldwin I called for their heads long before it was popular. I have no ties to CMD. I say let’s see how he responds. I saw a team that wasn’t ready to play Saturday. That’s coaching. If we still see the same _____ next game win or lose, I’ll start the bus and you guys can put him under it. Everyone fails, it’s how you respond that separates the pretenders from the contenders.

Des is not getting fired. Stop.

8. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

Thank you somebody thinking the same as me Coach Napier first year he went 7 and 7 let's see what happens the rest of the year before we start circling the wagons and raising a white flag. Am I disappointed yes do I expect more yes let's give this some time and the benefit of the doubt for right now A lot of good players left especially on the offensive side of the ball we have depth but a lot of it was unproven depth .
    Now I do agree that Dez should be following Napier blueprint and its his fault for drifting away from the original process in the first place

9. Default Re: Fire Mike Now.

What is different? Mike will get more time since he is a local? Oh I know Kerry and * are podnas.
    Big Fish lost his first ten games and fooled everyone with a big win streak. His second year he attacked the fans who didn’t come instead of thanking the ones there. Then he proceeded to blame everyone from players to former coaches calling him a cancer for problems he created. Don’t even compare Big Fish to CMD after his first four, and arguably 5th game. I’m going to back him for at least two full seasons before even beginning to give up on him.

Any talk of firing Des is a waste of time. Let’s see where he’s at at about 75% through next year before this topic is brought up again. I’m very nervous about the direction this team has taken but we are four games in and I’m not ready to start talk of firing anyone, even OC. Let them make adjustments and see if they can turn it around. If coordinators can’t turn it around this year then they should be fired and if their services are retained or the next hire can’t turn it around then Des’ seat should get warm.

Whoever made the point about a leadership vacuum in the locker room is right, need some player to step up and become the leader of this group.

And JMV I am stating if Des only wins 3 games this year we should keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    maggard never said that
    He did when interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    posters like jmv ran bear off a long time ago. we run off the wrong ones now days
    Me and Mr. Hebert go back. He left the site once his wife health went down. She and him were great donors and huge Cajun fans. Stop making up lies. I haven't seen him at any UL events in a while. I guess RP posters kept him away from those events also. These trolls need to go.

Me and Mr. Hebert go back. He left the site once his wife health went down. She and him were great donors and huge Cajun fans. Stop making up lies. I haven't seen him at any UL events in a while. I guess RP posters kept him away from those events also. These trolls need to go.
    You probably haven't looked for him, I sit next to him for football and baseball games. He grew tired of the website after his wife's passed, he doesn't care to read some of the content on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You probably haven't looked for him, I sit next to him for football and baseball games. He grew tired of the website after his wife's passed, he doesn't care to read some of the content on this site.
    I just haven't seen him. I make every home softball game so that limits my baseball games. I am tired of the trolls that are here to just stir the pot.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information