Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: G4 Final: Louisiana 17, ULM 21

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

People are so worried about who should be playing QB but I don't think either guy played that bad last night. I thought Fields threw some nice balls and Woolridge didn't really get many opportunities. I just don't think we are concentrating enough on the root cause and that is our offensive play scheme and coaching. Jefferson had 5 catches last night and should have had a 6th. He should have been targeted on every drive to some degree but we decided to abandon going to our best deep threat over the course of the entire second half. Why is that?

Instead we try to fit a square peg in a round hole once we got the 17-7 lead and run the ball up the middle every time. Now, I'm no RPCA coaching genius but I know that we've been ineffective running the ball up the middle all year thus far but we decided to make it our entire gameplan.

Defensively, I've said it since the beginning of the season the LB'ers worry me. We don't have any real run stoppers in the middle of the field as we are soft there and it showed again last night. Giving up over 200 yards to a Monroe team that is not all that great on offense.

The coaches just went into shell mode once we got that lead and took their foot off the pedal in trying to be multi-dimensional. We are not good enough for that. Jefferson was a mismatch on anybody out there and we just throw to him occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    People are so worried about who should be playing QB but I don't think either guy played that bad last night. I thought Fields threw some nice balls and Woolridge didn't really get many opportunities. I just don't think we are concentrating enough on the root cause and that is our offensive play scheme and coaching. Jefferson had 5 catches last night and should have had a 6th. He should have been targeted on every drive to some degree but we decided to abandon going to our best deep threat over the course of the entire second half. Why is that?

Instead we try to fit a square peg in a round hole once we got the 17-7 lead and run the ball up the middle every time. Now, I'm no RPCA coaching genius but I know that we've been ineffective running the ball up the middle all year thus far but we decided to make it our entire gameplan.

Defensively, I've said it since the beginning of the season the LB'ers worry me. We don't have any real run stoppers in the middle of the field as we are soft there and it showed again last night. Giving up over 200 yards to a Monroe team that is not all that great on offense.

The coaches just went into shell mode once we got that lead and took their foot off the pedal in trying to be multi-dimensional. We are not good enough for that. Jefferson was a mismatch on anybody out there and we just throw to him occasionally.
    Our WR hands are like bricks bro. None of them can catch.

Before pulling a redshirt off Zeon, Chandler or Ben (I don’t care which one) deserves the chance to go out and win or lose a football game on their own. This will not happen as Mike has dug his feet in, and he’ll drag the whole thing down with him before admitting he’s wrong. Great sign of a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Before pulling a redshirt off Zeon, Chandler or Ben (I don’t care which one) deserves the chance to go out and win or lose a football game on their own. This will not happen as Mike has dug his feet in, and he’ll drag the whole thing down with him before admitting he’s wrong. Great sign of a leader.
    This! Just pick one and let them go all 4 quarters! Enough of the 2QB system!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Our WR hands are like bricks bro. None of them can catch.
    Whatever. If you want to pound the ball up the middle 40 times a game have at it but the passing game is the only big play ability we have. When the ball was in Jefferson's hands last night, he looked like he was playing pee wee ball and that back shoulder catch he made in the middle of the field for the TD was a hell of a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    His threat to take off might keep some teams from flat-out bull rushing our OL every play. Right now, we don't have a QB that's a threat to make them think twice about flushing him out of the pocket.
    Good point.

I just have a hard time saying both our QBs deserve to be benched. If we had last year’s OL, we would be 4-0 and raving about our QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Good point.

I just have a hard time saying both our QBs deserve to be benched. If we had last year’s OL, we would be 4-0 and raving about our QB play.
    They don't. They're not the issue.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

……Well the Sunbelt got 3 wins over Louisiana teams last night….Wait….yea right, but, well anyway sounds good for the conference!

Exactly. Remember Hud s insisted on running McGuire up the middle repeatedly which destroyed his effectiveness

I wish I could blame the QBs, the OL, the WRs, the RBs, the coaching strategy etc……, I’m afraid the problem is, it’s all of them.

I think I can agree with the single QB argument. The QB by committee was painful to watch during the latter part of the Hud years.

Because I can’t see the replay or differentiate in the play by play what is an incomplete pass versus a dropped pass, I am curious as to what the score would’ve been like without the fumbles and/or bad snaps and dropped passes….oh and the running up the middle plays. Could we have been successful and possibly won? Genuinely curious.

Muffed punt, letting another punt bounce instead of fair catch which cost us 19 yards of free field. An ill timed penalty.

I'm going to strictly going to talk offense as defense played ok last night.

Our WRs outside Jefferson are not getting it done. I keep waiting and waiting for Peter to break out but he doesn't and seems to drop easy passes often. This was supposed to be one of our strengths but outside Jefferson nome of the other receivers are getting it done.

TEs are our best position group right now, wish we would throw to them more. For the life of me I don't understand why we don't throw to Neal Johnson more. There is no LB in the league that can cover him 1 on 1.

QBs like everyone else, I'm done with 2 qb system. Both got experience now, so just pick a damn qb and let them play the whole damn game. I'm ok with either at this point but just let them play whole damn game.

RBs, I can't really comment too much. They have all shown promise when blocking is there. For the life of me I don't understand why we don't run chris Smith off tackle more, let me him hit the edge. His biggest advantage is his speed yet he can't get going because he's getting hit by the time he gets handed the ball.

O-line. Where do I even begin. They can't run block for ____. There have been so been plays where the dline has been in the backfield just waiting on the running back.i have yet to see them push the dline off line scrimmage. Also why are we not rotating lineman like in years past. They keep rolling out the same 5 and just hope that the results will change. News flash it ain't working and something needs to change. I'm almost to the point where I would rather see what the backups can do. Maybe they are game players and not practice players

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I'm going to strictly going to talk offense as defense played ok last night.

Our WRs outside Jefferson are not getting it done. I keep waiting and waiting for Peter to break out but he doesn't and seems to drop easy passes often. This was supposed to be one of our strengths but outside Jefferson nome of the other receivers are getting it done.

TEs are our best position group right now, wish we would throw to them more. For the life of me I don't understand why we don't throw to Neal Johnson more. There is no LB in the league that can cover him 1 on 1.

QBs like everyone else, I'm done with 2 qb system. Both got experience now, so just pick a damn qb and let them play the whole damn game. I'm ok with either at this point but just let them play whole damn game.

RBs, I can't really comment too much. They have all shown promise when blocking is there. For the life of me I don't understand why we don't run chris Smith off tackle more, let me him hit the edge. His biggest advantage is his speed yet he can't get going because he's getting hit by the time he gets handed the ball.

O-line. Where do I even begin. They can't run block for ____. There have been so been plays where the dline has been in the backfield just waiting on the running back.i have yet to see them push the dline off line scrimmage. Also why are we not rotating lineman like in years past. They keep rolling out the same 5 and just hope that the results will change. News flash it ain't working and something needs to change. I'm almost to the point where I would rather see what the backups can do. Maybe they are game players and not practice players
    I would also add to your RB's comment that they seem to go down on first contact way too often. I was watching the game last night just thinking about how Ragas especially was so dangerous and could wear a defense down and it would open up so many passing lanes. Even our bigger backs don't seem to have the ability to break a lot of tackles. I know the OL is doing them NO favors but I would have thought we'd do a better job of RAC.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information