Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Anyone worth their salt will tell you great leaders have great people in their organization. If we cant afford to replace great people with more great people, thats not on the AD. ever try to squeeze a pint of OJ from one orange? things are usual more complicated than just asking if someone you once thought was irreplaceable a short time ago, has now hit their ceiling. Blame is always easy to lay at someones feet without knowing details. Money is to blame for all the complaints people have, provide more money and watch every item get fixed.
    Great leaders are generally great communicators. It does not take money to communicate the challenges we are facing and what are the short term and long term goals. This does not take any money to do. We have not received any communication on any of it. He is not controlling the narrative so others will. Everyone on this board is making assumptions but we don't know the real reasons because he is not communicating it.

2. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Great leaders are generally great communicators. It does not take money to communicate the challenges we are facing and what are the short term and long term goals. This does not take any money to do. We have not received any communication on any of it. He is not controlling the narrative so others will. Everyone on this board is making assumptions but we don't know the real reasons because he is not communicating it.
    When the challenge is money, not quite sure this works . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Have we gotten all we can get out of Dr. Maggard? Between a bad scheduling philosophy for both MBB and Football along with all the drama, miscommunications, silent periods, staffing challanges, game day experiences, parking, tailgating, RCAF issues, not reaching out to the small time donors, not leveraging what we have already in place, etc, etc.

I am not a Maggard hater. Dissapointed, sure. Mainly in not capitalizing on a football championship season. Good help and ideas are hard to find...but it just seems like we're stuck in the mud...

Are we looking at the Peter Principle sort of thing. Has Maggard reached his ceiling here?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    this is another point i agree with. one of the podcasts talked about the messaging with marlin. it was the best point i heard from anyone on the matter. a lot can be done with the right message. you can either unify or divide a fanbase with just the way you present an idea. this has been boon doggled for a long time

Have we gotten all we can get out of Dr. Maggard? Between a bad scheduling philosophy for both MBB and Football along with all the drama, miscommunications, silent periods, staffing challanges, game day experiences, parking, tailgating, RCAF issues, not reaching out to the small time donors, not leveraging what we have already in place, etc, etc.

I am not a Maggard hater. Dissapointed, sure. Mainly in not capitalizing on a football championship season. Good help and ideas are hard to find...but it just seems like we're stuck in the mud...

Are we looking at the Peter Principle sort of thing. Has Maggard reached his ceiling here?
    Absolutely not. B-Mag has brought us a long way with the resources he has available. We will not fully appreciate what he has done until he is gone. Just like Billy.

This is such an RPCA sort of thread.

No, he has not reached his ceiling. I am disappointed, but overall, most not his doing; I think his ceiling is high, but Martin Hall install a suspended ceiling to imped him.

It might be because he's working with $8M less in his budget and a depleted staff. There are areas that can improve, most of them begin with more money. It seems that Dr. Savoie with all of his accomplishments, has returned to pre-Alden focus on athletics. If you want to know what's going on, it begins there.

I'm not disappointed and he hasn't reached a ceiling. IMO, he's not "communicating" because it is a lack of money issue. I don't know this factually, but this makes the most sense.

We're lucky to have him.

10. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I'm not disappointed and he hasn't reached a ceiling. IMO, he's not "communicating" because it is a lack of money issue. I don't know this factually, but this makes the most sense.

We're lucky to have him.
    Post of reason. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It might be because he's working with $8M less in his budget and a depleted staff. There are areas that can improve, most of them begin with more money. It seems that Dr. Savoie with all of his accomplishments, has returned to pre-Alden focus on athletics. If you want to know what's going on, it begins there.
    Dang I hate to hear we going back to the old days. Come on T Joe don’t be your predecessor.

I remember when I was a kid and reached the ceiling for the first time I thought I had reached a huge accomplishment. Many jumping attempts before that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That's what is most disappointing.....Dr Savoie pulling the rug out from athletics funding just as we were gaining momentum and notoriety on a national level. 8 million is a sucker punch and incredibly shortsided.....makes absolutely no business sense to cut off the most important element that unites both the alumni base and community.

The fossil lives!!!!!

How much has been cut in services, academics? Any area outside of research. I believe we’re in a money crunch and battling hard for outside money as in research to offset loss of enrollment and funding. See it in filling positions and upkeep. But I don’t have data to support this. Just my opinion. I think athletics is in same bind.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    How much has been cut in services, academics? Any area outside of research. I believe we’re in a money crunch and battling hard for outside money as in research to offset loss of enrollment and funding. See it in filling positions and upkeep. But I don’t have data to support this. Just my opinion. I think athletics is in same bind.
    My daughter in law became a faculty member this semester. She can attest that Academics is facing a money crunch as well. Entire university is feeling the pinch. That is in large part due to declining enrollment. Encouraging thing is the freshman enrollment this fall was up significantly. Does not offset the previous decline however. Dr. Maggard is dealing with fewer dollars simply because there are fewer dollars available. Dr. Savoie did not want to cut athletics. He had little choice. A new RCAF director will come on board soon (no clue who that will be). That should help the athletic situation. Private dollars are needed more than ever.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information