Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Default Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Have we gotten all we can get out of Dr. Maggard? Between a bad scheduling philosophy for both MBB and Football along with all the drama, miscommunications, silent periods, staffing challanges, game day experiences, parking, tailgating, RCAF issues, not reaching out to the small time donors, not leveraging what we have already in place, etc, etc.

I am not a Maggard hater. Dissapointed, sure. Mainly in not capitalizing on a football championship season. Good help and ideas are hard to find...but it just seems like we're stuck in the mud...

Are we looking at the Peter Principle sort of thing. Has Maggard reached his ceiling here?

2. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

I have no idea, but I did figure out the difference between Dr Authement and Dr.Savoie.

To fix things, Authement sent Martin Hall to Reinhardt Drive. David Walker.

To fix things, Savoie brought Reinhardt Drive to Martin Hall. Bryan Maggard.

Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Have we gotten all we can get out of Dr. Maggard? Between a bad scheduling philosophy for both MBB and Football along with all the drama, miscommunications, silent periods, staffing challanges, game day experiences, parking, tailgating, RCAF issues, not reaching out to the small time donors, not leveraging what we have already in place, etc, etc.

I am not a Maggard hater. Dissapointed, sure. Mainly in not capitalizing on a football championship season. Good help and ideas are hard to find...but it just seems like we're stuck in the mud...

Are we looking at the Peter Principle sort of thing. Has Maggard reached his ceiling here?
    Over the last year or so I have lost all confidence in him. I once thought he was the guy we couldn't lose, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have no idea, but I did figure out the difference between Dr Authement and Dr.Savoie.

To fix things, Authement sent Martin Hall to Reinhardt Drive. David Walker.

To fix things, Savoie brought Reinhardt Drive to Martin Hall. Bryan Maggard.
    This right here "To fix things, Savoie brought Reinhardt Drive to Martin Hall. Bryan Maggard"

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

IMO, i think he has. We had great personnel Hud, Napier, Nico, etc, that that carried Maggard this elevated status. We continue to bleed out top personnel talent, with no sense of urgency! We are in a serious state of decline.

No. He's doing the job of about 10 people right now. Martin Hall having a hand in pretty much every detail is what's holding back the athletic administration.

I am just as disappointed in the basketball schedule as everyone else. However, when looking at the rest of the conference having the same type of schedules, that points to the conference as a whole needing to put together a scheduling alliance with another conference.

Game day ideas that have been posted are great. In talking with people in the department, this is exactly what they've been trying to do. They've been trying to build the "experience" but every idea they tried hasn't worked. Hud was a motivational coach that went out in the community and brought in fans. Napier was an organizational coach that focused on building the culture inside the program but it didn't bring in fans. The current coaching staff is sort of in the middle. They just haven't had the opportunity to get out in the public as much with the transition. If you get a chance to talk to any coach one on one, it will make you want to buy season tickets. I can see some more events in the future getting them out with fans.

Oh boy

8. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Oh boy
    I can't figure if this mullet toss went over the line or right up to the line . . .

Remember when.... right after 2 Conference Championships, 3 Winning Seasons and a victory over a ranked Big 12 school, the President bled the Football Program dry?

I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    No. He's doing the job of about 10 people right now. Martin Hall having a hand in pretty much every detail is what's holding back the athletic administration.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Remember when.... right after after 2 Conference Championships, 3 Winning Seasons and a victory over a ranked Big 12 school, the President bled the Football Program dry?

I remember.
    Like it was yesterday. Savoie was trained by the fossil. History tends to repeat itself.

I think he is very occupied with the stadium construction project. Which is a good thing. Once that breaks ground he can focus on other stuff. I don’t have a problem with future OOC opponents in football Tech, Tulane, Tulsa…

By the way the AD doesn’t make basketball or baseball schedules he lets the coaches do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I think he is very occupied with the stadium construction project. Which is a good thing. Once that breaks ground he can focus on other stuff. I don’t have a problem with future OOC opponents in football Tech, Tulane, Tulsa…

By the way the AD doesn’t make basketball or baseball schedules he lets the coaches do that.
    Maggard has a hand in the MBB schedule. Per Maggard.

If he believes the things that are coming out of his mouth at this point about basketball, then that program has certainly peaked under Maggard. And most likely every other non football sport.

I would like to believe the UL administration is still holding athletics back. I like what I’ve seen of Dr Maggard for the most part. Still think he needs to be more engaged/visible with the public on the direction of athletics. Our timing on CF was unfortunate with the economy, specifically the horrible impact of Covid on supplies and pricing. So for me he’s still the right hire. It would be easy to come to the conclusion that our administration is in fact why we haven’t grown more athletically, especially considering our history. We could be offered membership in the Big 12 and I feel our administration would fumble the ball! So at this point in time I think it’s more likely Dr Maggard would say “enough is enough” regarding administration meddling and handcuffs and depart, Vice being over his head. Just my thoughts …

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information