Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

1. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    100% sure the offer to stay was 3.2 million.
    Was the offer a specific offer from a specific donor or donors.

Even if Napier was prepaid, the cuts they have made across the board tell me it would not have been business as usual for Napier either. No matter what he was personally paid.

Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Oh, ok. 100%.

That be as it may, what money, from your insider knowledge, was available for a new hire? Head coach and paying assistants?
    No clue for a new hire or the assistant pool. But a few different big boosters were willing to give the extra 1.2 million on top of Napier current salary to keep him. The money was available.

3. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

The $1.2 was available, the problem was and is that the $2 was not available. So, there was never a chance to retain Napier and the money available for this year was not nearly what was available last year for HC and assistants. Once people get that in their head it will make all the moves more understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No clue for a new hire or the assistant pool. But a few different big boosters were willing to give the extra 1.2 million on top of Napier current salary to keep him. The money was available.
    What was available for NAPIER is irrelevant. He was never going to pass up Florida.

So the only thing that is relevant is what was available for the new hire and staff.

5. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Like it was yesterday. Savoie was trained by the fossil. History tends to repeat itself.
    …….Please don’t even try to compare the two……T-Joe has turned this entire school around into a highly respected academic university…..Doc A tried to almost kill athletics and T-Joe has added money to athletics if I am correct…..a while back, but I think it allowed more of the budget to athletics….am I correct on this? Also the campus beautification and Covid (New Iberia) deals are outstanding!

6. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Watch he for that bait and switch. The money has never been there and when attendance did not increase as a result of the on the field success we crapped out.

Dr. Maggard did a masterful job with what he had. When the pieces he put in place did not materialize it is all coming crashing down like Ponzi Scheme. It is so unfortunate it did not go the other way, but it didn’t. The administration did not squander anything. It over estimated the responsiveness of attendance and we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Was the offer a specific offer from a specific donor or donors.

Even if Napier was prepaid, the cuts they have made across the board tell me it would not have been business as usual for Napier either. No matter what he was personally paid.
    Donors. It would have been business as usual. Don't listen to others that tell you he wouldn't have got paid what his contract said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What was available for NAPIER is irrelevant. He was never going to pass up Florida.

So the only thing that is relevant is what was available for the new hire and staff.
    I never said Napier was going to stay. From my understanding Mike has got the same salary pool dollars that Napier got.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Watch he for that bait and switch. The money has never been there and when attendance did not increase as a result of the on the field success we crapped out.

Dr. Maggard did a masterful job with what he had. When the pieces he put in place did not materialize it is all coming crashing down like Ponzi Scheme. It is so unfortunate it did not go the other way, but it didn’t. The administration did not squander anything. It over estimated the responsiveness of attendance and we are where we are.
    I think this is spot on

Louisiana Campus Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    As someone in their early 30s it's become harder and harder to justify donating. I was giving close to $2,500 last year now its $100 ( only to keep my baseball tickets)
    Just with the families who used to tailgate with us, I know a lot of people in the same boat.

You aren’t going to grow the fan base by forcing all these RCAF fees (annual fund donation, personal seat donations, parking passes for each sport, etc.). There has to be a path for growing the fan base without jamming the RCAF down their throat.

How ridiculous is it that if you donate $12,500 to RCAF, they won’t let you park at football games? You have to donate an additional $60 per parking pass.

How many potential fans were on the fence regarding buying season tickets, but all the extras fees made them decide not to?

We are charging P5 fees, while putting out an inferior G5 product. This is a recipe for disaster. When increased donations aren’t bettering the product, people stop donating.

When I look at my RCAF ranking, I know we are in A LOT OF TROUBLE. There is absolutely no reason I should have such a high ranking with the amount I donate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Just with the families who used to tailgate with us, I know a lot of people in the same boat.

You aren’t going to grow the fan base by forcing all these RCAF fees (annual fund donation, personal seat donations, parking passes for each sport, etc.). There has to be a path for growing the fan base without jamming the RCAF down their throat.

How ridiculous is it that if you donate $12,500 to RCAF, they won’t let you park at football games? You have to donate an additional $60 per parking pass.

How many potential fans were on the fence regarding buying season tickets, but all the extras fees made them decide not to?

We are charging P5 fees, while putting out an inferior G5 product. This is a recipe for disaster. When increased donations aren’t bettering the product, people stop donating.

When I look at my RCAF ranking, I know we are in A LOT OF TROUBLE. There is absolutely no reason I should have such a high ranking with the amount I donate.
    Up until recently, we could see the total number of RCAF members when they showed your ranking. Appreciate your giving, but what was really disturbing was the total members were right under 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Have we gotten all we can get out of Dr. Maggard? Between a bad scheduling philosophy for both MBB and Football along with all the drama, miscommunications, silent periods, staffing challanges, game day experiences, parking, tailgating, RCAF issues, not reaching out to the small time donors, not leveraging what we have already in place, etc, etc.

I am not a Maggard hater. Dissapointed, sure. Mainly in not capitalizing on a football championship season. Good help and ideas are hard to find...but it just seems like we're stuck in the mud...

Are we looking at the Peter Principle sort of thing. Has Maggard reached his ceiling here?
    Or was he sent here for a particular mission by his (true) bosses, Sankey and Emmert, and with much patience he is executing his orders perfectly as planned. And everyone here, despite warnings, fell for it hook, line and sinker

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Or was he sent here for a particular mission by his (true) bosses, Sankey and Emmert, and with much patience he is executing his orders perfectly as planned. And everyone here, despite warnings, fell for it hook, line and sinker
    Hwhat?

Right...and the moon landings never happened...

Oh my…

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information