Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Brand money should always be spent on athletics. Surely when marketing academics there should be a gimmick to weave athletics into the marketing with a big LOUISIANA.

TEAMWORK and IMAGINATION folks . . .
    You are correct. Time to make LOUISIANA the name of the university athletically and academically. We needed to get established athletically first with the name. Now that we have done that, move over to academics.

For the name police, no use of "University of" allows the now established use of Louisiana. So many schools do this. It doesn't change our official name, just gives us a better reference.

Fresno State - Cal State Fresno
    Wisconsin - Wisconsin Madison
    Minnesota - Minnesota Twin Cities
    Louisiana - Louisiana Lafayette

Plus,

1. Academically, we are the leading university of the UL System and have earned the name. And,

2. We need to name our New Iberia campus UL New Iberia. With a branch campus, Louisiana fits as the main campus.
    3. Should help in changing of the overall perception of LOUISIANA in Acadiana as well as with alumni and current students.

What do we have to lose using the LOUISIANA reference academically? People can _____, but we are not in violation of anything and have now EARNED the name academically.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My daughter in law became a faculty member this semester. She can attest that Academics is facing a money crunch as well. Entire university is feeling the pinch. That is in large part due to declining enrollment. Encouraging thing is the freshman enrollment this fall was up significantly. Does not offset the previous decline however. Dr. Maggard is dealing with fewer dollars simply because there are fewer dollars available. Dr. Savoie did not want to cut athletics. He had little choice. A new RCAF director will come on board soon (no clue who that will be). That should help the athletic situation. Private dollars are needed more than ever.
    Makes more and more sense why a internal promotion was made in football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    T, I always appreciate your insight. Your consistent with bringing facts to the table & primarily without emotions attached to it.

With that said, do you think it’s fair assessment to say that if T-Joe is cutting back, there’s probably very good reason? From my very limited knowledge of the inner workings of budgets, academics vs athletics, I would have to think that if T-Joe was willing to invest heavily in sports a few years ago, there’s has to be some justification to pulling the reigns in now, right??
    A fair assessment IMO was an 8 million dollar hit do to Covid that we just haven't rebounded from. That could be the reason UL hired on the cheap Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I don't know if UL has the ability to do this, but it would be interesting to see the age demographic over the last 25 years of donors, both athletics and academics. I have a feeling the donors are aging out and are not being replaced at the same rate, both actual donors and total giving. Again, not selling the brand, on both fronts.
    As someone in their early 30s it's become harder and harder to justify donating. I was giving close to $2,500 last year now its $100 ( only to keep my baseball tickets)

5. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    For the name police, no use of "University of" allows the now established use of Louisiana. So many schools do this. It doesn't change our official name, just gives us a better reference.
    You and Vic are both right.

"Just the BRAND, sans the ban."

"LOUISIANA"

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    As someone in their early 30s it's become harder and harder to justify donating. I was giving close to $2,500 last year now its $100 ( only to keep my baseball tickets)
    Yep and those youngsters are dipping into your check book.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Makes more and more sense why a internal promotion was made in football.
    This. I never saw the Des hire as being the discount hire until I read what T, mike and others have posted. No doubt it was a financial decision now. That’s really a shame considering our top 25 finishes.

8. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

The title of this thread is plain stupid. The issue is Dr. Maggert is just plain short handed.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    my son is in beginning UNIV courses this semester and they are into Social Justice. Police are not portrayed in a good light in this course.
    This is a problem.

10. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This is a problem.
    It’s akin to that cancer just wiped off this board. The problem is that it goes unmonitored unless there is a whistle blower and then . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    The title of this thread is plain stupid. The issue is Dr. Maggert is just plain short handed.
    Wow...dumb and stupid all in the same afternoon....im humbled

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This. I never saw the Des hire as being the discount hire until I read what T, mike and others have posted. No doubt it was a financial decision now. That’s really a shame considering our top 25 finishes.
    And how long will it take to get back? Posts I’ve seen earlier this week regarding to expect a “learning curve”? At a D1 FBS program? Sorry, that’s toothpick talk.

What position does Dr. Maggert hold? I am not familiar with him.

14. Default Re: Has Maggard hit his ceiling as AD

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What position does Dr. Maggert hold? I am not familiar with him.
    I am sure you have never fat fingered anything before. But you know how to put your foot in your mouth.

I am sure you have never fat fingered anything before. But you know how to put your foot in your mouth.
    I honestly thought you were talking about someone else that I wasn't familiar with. Didn't take it as a typo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information