Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poll for work

Default Re: Poll for work

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You will need way more than good luck there . . .
    selling the product the way its currently constructed is impossible. retention rate is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! THIS IS WHY.
    And I’m will to bet the owners give LSU tickets to employees, perpetuating the cycle. And Walmart sales.

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    Maybe 1/10 are college grads. Most are from Lafayette, New Iberia, Crowley areas.
    The epitome of typical Wal Mart Refineryville people who never sniffed the school, seems like pretty much hopeless.

So I have 216 employees where I work. Of these 216 employees 147 of them are 28 or younger. Of those 147, 113 watch college football whether on tv or in a stadium. All of these guys are from the Lafayette Metro area. When asked what college football team they watch and pull for 108 said LSU while only 5 said the Cajuns. When asked why they watch the team they do 86% answered its what their parents watched so that's how they grew up.

A separate section I had made was for the Cajuns. I asked do you watch Cajun football and only 5 replied yes. I asked if they knew the Cajuns were ranked in the TOP 25 the last 2 years and they replied with yeah but who did they play and no chance of making the National Championship.

100% of the answers said that we play no one at home so why would they want to watch us play teams like ULM, Georgia State, etc. when they can watch LSU play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc.

My company which is in Lafayette gives LSU tickets away and not UL. The owners never attended LSU nor did their kids, more bandwagon riders. I did convince them to give UL tickets away hoping the employees will go to the games at UL and maybe start changing their minds.

I dont know what else to do to get people to the d..n games.
    First of all, thank you for the effort and the result awareness you had. That is mighty impressive and could give a lot of insight into WHAT is happening amongst our young people. Also, thank you for trying and getting the company to give away UL game tickets. More luck getting them into the stands when LSU is playing away, I guess. Geaux Cajuns!

So I have 216 employees where I work. Of these 216 employees 147 of them are 28 or younger. Of those 147, 113 watch college football whether on tv or in a stadium. All of these guys are from the Lafayette Metro area. When asked what college football team they watch and pull for 108 said LSU while only 5 said the Cajuns. When asked why they watch the team they do 86% answered its what their parents watched so that's how they grew up.

A separate section I had made was for the Cajuns. I asked do you watch Cajun football and only 5 replied yes. I asked if they knew the Cajuns were ranked in the TOP 25 the last 2 years and they replied with yeah but who did they play and no chance of making the National Championship.

100% of the answers said that we play no one at home so why would they want to watch us play teams like ULM, Georgia State, etc. when they can watch LSU play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc.

My company which is in Lafayette gives LSU tickets away and not UL. The owners never attended LSU nor did their kids, more bandwagon riders. I did convince them to give UL tickets away hoping the employees will go to the games at UL and maybe start changing their minds.

Email this to Maggard.

Those are facts. That’s why it’s hard for our university to connect with the casual non college student fan. Also why it’s super important to make connections with students very early in order to make good and loyal alumni. Our fan bases roots will come from Alum.
    Last edited by Big Poppa; September 22nd, 2022 at 07:37 pm. Reason: Kicking students out of the games makes bad Alum

7. Default Re: Poll for work

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Email this to Maggard.
    Maybe you could text it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Those are facts. That’s why it’s hard for our university to connect with the casual non college student fan. Also why it’s super important to make connections with students very early in order to make good and loyal alumni. Our fan bases roots will come from Alum.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Slow hand clap…this is what needs to happen. Guys, we’re not and never will be one of those teams that will draw the Walmart fans. Ask UCF how those years of success and a nattie (I love they claim it!) how their non-alum fan base is right now.

Have a pretty good team, get the students into the stadium, downsize our stadium.

Bring better teams to Cajun Field. The answer is right there in the poll. There’s nothing at stake in our games. It’s the same old same old. Beat everybody and nothing happens, you just get to go back to NOLA and play a lollipop. LSU games are better entertainment. Sorry to say. I’m a Cajuns fan through and through but the Cajun field experience sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Slow hand clap…this is what needs to happen. Guys, we’re not and never will be one of those teams that will draw the Walmart fans. Ask UCF how those years of success and a nattie (I love they claim it!) how their non-alum fan base is right now.

Have a pretty good team, get the students into the stadium, downsize our stadium.
    Bounce house is about 45k capacity and they fill it almost every game. The money flowing through that school and the city of Orlando is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    Bring better teams to Cajun Field. The answer is right there in the poll. There’s nothing at stake in our games. It’s the same old same old. Beat everybody and nothing happens, you just get to go back to NOLA and play a lollipop. LSU games are better entertainment. Sorry to say. I’m a Cajuns fan through and through but the Cajun field experience sucks big time.
    Jay said the teams that come to Cajun Field doesn't matter. LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    Lsuambr has a conference that sets them up with one “big game” after the other. We could only maybe change one a year to a bigger opponent. I for one think Marshall, coastal, App are big time enough for me. Unfortunately we get none here this year.

So I have 216 employees where I work. Of these 216 employees 147 of them are 28 or younger.
    When asked why they watch the team they do 86% answered its what their parents watched so that's how they grew up.
    The linkage between these two statements is very important. When parents are fans, kids become fans. Strong fandom is a generational thing.

For people who are in their 20's right now, their parents were probably in college in the late 90's. What was happening in the late 90's? UL was in the dumpster, and LSU was on the rise.

Since UL had already lost them, those young families weren't coming to Cajun Field to watch Bustle claw together 6-6 seasons ten years later...they were at home watching LSU compete for national championships. The cycle continued.

So here we are, 25 years later, still feeling the impact of the Baldwin era.

That's not an excuse, but it is part of the reason we only get 20K max right now.

It is man, I'm lost on what to do.
    It will take the Cajuns to win out, get into the playoff and win the national championship before anyone, that isn't already diehard Cajuns, jumps on board. We all know that 80+% of LSU fans from Lafayette follow them because of their name, image and likeness and years of success. Just so they can follow the big name and winning tradition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information